Kiss My Ash Tray

Closed Thread
Old 01-31-2019, 03:07 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by alsvette View Post
I agree with your message about slow drivers in the left lane, a lot of them are not going left they just always drive in the left. Don't know to many States that allow you to drive in that lane if your not passing or turning left. I have another message for people that go down Buena Vista to Rt.466 if your going strait you should stay in left lane the do have a law in this State you can Right turn on red.
Yes, but you don't HAVE to turn right on a red light. If I can't see properly down the street to my left (for instance, facing south at the intersection of Rolling Acres & 466), I will not turn right on a red light. So my pet peeve is the jerk behind me laying on the horn because I am choosing not to turn until my light is green.
Old 01-31-2019, 04:34 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Daily Run View Post
I have a bumper sticker that say's "sorry for driving so close in front of you"
Everyone driving the speed limit on MM Paths should get this bumper sticker.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP View Post
People that don't put their shopping carts in the cart corals but instead leave them in parking spaces or pushed halfway into the landscaping
IMHO, it is incredibly lazy to not return your cart to the cart corral unless you're handicapped.
And I'm sure most people you mentioned are not handicapped.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom C View Post
People who are so engrossed by a cell phone (or call on one) that they are not paying attention to the REAL WORLD happening around them (this could apply to driving, pushing a cart in the grocery store, or anywhere they effectively impose on others safety or other people trying to simply get by them because they are parked in the middle of the aisle or corridor).
All the good peeves have already been mentioned!
Old 01-31-2019, 04:49 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
This minimizes the necessity for service dogs and emotional support animals for those who truly need them.
I agree that service dog status should only be approved for actual service dogs.
It's a travesty because service dog paraphernalia is easily obtainable online.
I overheard a conversation where someone was bragging that she could fly her small dog free in the cabin
if they got service dog accreditation. And she saw nothing wrong with it.
Old 01-31-2019, 04:54 PM

Some of us need to park in a disabled spot. I do after 4 surgeries on my leg. If someone is coming out of a disabled spot I wait so I can park there. Have a little compassion.
Old 01-31-2019, 05:27 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,738 Times in 5,252 Posts

The problem with both service animal and handicap parking use is a huge lack of fairness and effective enforcement. Just because someone has a "valid" permit, does not mean that they should have it or that they need it. I am convinced that this pet peeve issue will never be resolved in my lifetime. So, I am just trying to live with it and ignore it.

Last edited by retiredguy123; 01-31-2019 at 05:34 PM.
Old 01-31-2019, 08:22 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,168 Times in 1,929 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by billethkid View Post
Because you are the one close enough for them to see......?
My husband insists as we get older, people can not judge distance. I guess that is true, but it should be easy enough to see if there is not other car behind the car being "cut off".
Old 01-31-2019, 08:32 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,168 Times in 1,929 Posts

Just thought of another one I don't think has been mentioned........children sitting inside grocery store shopping carts. Think about where their shoes have been and the dogs that poop and pee all over. Then, you place your grocery items in the cart then place the food/ soda/milk/etc in the fridge or pantry. Yuck! I once saw a dog sitting in the child seat of a grocery cart with no protection for the cart. I notified management about that one.
Old 02-13-2019, 08:01 AM
Platinum member

Law breaking children of Villagers.
Old 02-13-2019, 12:05 PM

Well I’m annoyed by people while making a left turn don’t pull out into the intersection while waiting. They sit back behind the crosswalk the light turns to yellow then makes the left turn, leaving at least 2 cars to wait.
Old 02-14-2019, 08:50 AM

People who use loud landscaping tools at 7 in the morning.
Old 02-14-2019, 10:43 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Last edited by John_W; 04-15-2019 at 07:47 AM.
Old 02-14-2019, 11:49 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Post View Post
The only thing I ever find annoying is when people want to be in a conversation but don't know anything that is currently going on. Divest yourself of news and current events all you want, I might even envy that, but then stay out of discussions. It's slightly irritating when people are trying to talk and one person is like "Wait...who is Jeff Bezos. Wait...who is Nancy Pelosi. Wait, what is Game of Thrones. What is Amazon. Wait, What is gluten free. Wait, what is a government shutdown. Who is Al Capone." etc. It sounds like someone playing Jeopardy.

I mean I feel like people should know *some things* going on. Sometimes I wonder, how did you get through life to this point? Not knowing anything? Than why change and want to all of a sudden catch up now.
I know very little about Jeff Bezos. Until this fracas about his nude pictures and The National Enquirer. Now I know Jeff Bezos owns The Washington Post. I didn't know that before yesterday.

Oh this is what you mean? People wanting to be in a conversation and don't know what is currently going on. Sorry. I will try to do better.
Old 02-14-2019, 11:51 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
Just thought of another one I don't think has been mentioned........children sitting inside grocery store shopping carts. Think about where their shoes have been and the dogs that poop and pee all over. Then, you place your grocery items in the cart then place the food/ soda/milk/etc in the fridge or pantry. Yuck! I once saw a dog sitting in the child seat of a grocery cart with no protection for the cart. I notified management about that one.
I would rather kiss some dogs than some people. I certainly don't mind children in carts either. I do like Rum Raisin Ice Cream where most people prefer chocolate. If we were all the same...………...
Old 02-14-2019, 12:11 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
I know very little about Jeff Bezos. Until this fracas about his nude pictures and The National Enquirer. Now I know Jeff Bezos owns The Washington Post. I didn't know that before yesterday.
Jeff Bezos is also one of the richest people in the World... around 130 Billion $'s or so... that's a "B". He also owns a company that is working on space travel, Blue Origin.
Old 02-14-2019, 12:22 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan9871 View Post
Jeff Bezos is also one of the richest people in the World... around 130 Billion $'s or so... that's a "B". He also owns a company that is working on space travel, Blue Origin.
I did know that Dan. I was being facetious.

He also told NYC to kiss his patootie today. He isn't building there.

Last edited by graciegirl; 02-14-2019 at 12:34 PM.
Closed Thread

Tags
people, message, send, matter, speed

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.