Shredding event

Closed Thread
Old 12-19-2019, 05:13 PM
Veteran member
Default Shredding event

Does anyone know where and when next shredding day would be?
Old 12-22-2019, 10:24 AM

I can't remember the name or address but I Googled and found a shredding/disposal facility in Ocala after we missed the first shredding event held at Lowes on 466A. The cost was minimal compared to the prices quoted at Office Depot and other local places offering the service. We paid a $15 minimum fee and we had at least three boxes. We were able to watch them complete the process. They also returned our boxes to us. Not long after that, Parady held a shredding event for their clients. If you're a client of theirs you could see if they have plans to hold another shredding event. Hope this helps.
Old 12-22-2019, 12:56 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,017 Times in 1,743 Posts

These shredding events have me puzzled, when a home shredder is so inexpensive from Staples why would one cart a whole box of paper somewhere?
Old 12-22-2019, 03:45 PM
Sage

Some people are so cheap it is beyond recognition--if I had to wait for a shredding event I would be knee deep in paper--and they are burning gas to & from & waiting in line
Old 12-22-2019, 07:58 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

I was guilty of being in the cheapo mode for certain items and Barbeque Grills and Paper Shredders and Batteries were three of the things that just killed me to save money on by buying the biggest garbage piece of crapola's that I could find over and over again. When we saw a neighbor suffer for a long time to restore his good name and finances from identity theft my wife talked me into buying a Fellowes Cros Cut Shredder. It has to be ten years old and it shreds anything and everything with our names on it daily.
Thank God for the Great Woman that I have. She has saved me from many Penny Wise and Dollar Foolish things over the years.

I wish there was a way to stop the Garbage Mail from coming so that I would be shredding less each day. I also have a collection of car keys from the Florida Car Dealers. What an expense they must have and what a waste of time it is for them and all of us consumers.

I wouldn't trust shredding day unless they finished the job in front of my eyes! Sorry to the Honest Shedders!
Closed Thread

Tags
shredding, event, day

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.