Knee pain

Old 03-04-2024, 04:42 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,058 Times in 1,764 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagetinker View Post
Absorbine Veterinary Liniment GEL Topical Analgesic, 3 oz tube basically orange in color, and price with tax was under $6, aisle 29 in the store on route 44.
And also on Amazon…apparently a lot of people either have horses or bad knees….
Old 03-04-2024, 04:49 PM

Quote:
I have tried Voltaren in the past and it did not seem to work. Perform gel does provide some relief, and I had used Tiger balm on occasion (completely forgot about it) and will try that again. Also, tried BluEmu with some relief.
I have heard that some of the CBD(?) based products work, but have no idea of getting or using these.
I appreciate the replies so far.
Please consider an orthopedic doctor for an opinion after an x ray and or MRI. Topical creams otc cannot go deep into the skin . FDA regulates the prescription ones that offer deeper penetration. Once you get some pics and a physical evaluation you might get some exercises to do at home and maybe a script or shot. These exercises do work if used properly. Cortisone and Ketoloroc injections are helpful also. And go easy on knees , it takes longer for us to heal. best of luck.
Old 03-04-2024, 06:28 PM

Quote:
I have tried Voltaren in the past and it did not seem to work. Perform gel does provide some relief, and I had used Tiger balm on occasion (completely forgot about it) and will try that again. Also, tried BluEmu with some relief.
I have heard that some of the CBD(?) based products work, but have no idea of getting or using these.
I appreciate the replies so far.
I also like BluEmu (sp). You might try something e Lidocaine.
Old 03-04-2024, 09:01 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnaSt View Post
Biofreeze is a great alternative if you think it is just muscle pain/arthritis. It can be purchased st most drug stores in spray or lotion.
I use the roll on, less messy.

Laughter is the best medicine, unless you're being treated for Shingles
Old 03-04-2024, 10:58 PM
Default Absorbing Veterinary

A lot of sports guys use this.

Absorbine Veterinary Liniment Topical Analgesic Sore Muscle and Arthritis Pain Relief Warming Liniment Rub, 12 Ounce Gel
More Like This
Absorbine Veterinary Liniment Topical Analgesic Sore Muscle and Arthritis Pain Relief Warming Liniment Rub, 12 Ounce Gel
4.64.6 out of 5 stars (24,700)
7K+ bought in past month
$14.69($1.22/Ounce)List: $19.29
Save more with Subscribe & Save
Prime
FREE delivery Mon, Mar 11

Small Business
Old 03-04-2024, 10:58 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,229 Times in 2,811 Posts

Dam, there are a lot of fellow Villagers out there with achy joint pain. Very much enjoy reading about what works for others. Definitely going to give the equestrian thing a try.
Old 03-05-2024, 10:21 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,025 Times in 1,019 Posts

Quote:
Absorbine Veterinary Liniment GEL Topical Analgesic, 3 oz tube basically orange in color, and price with tax was under $6, aisle 29 in the store on route 44.
thank you. i'm going to get some today
Old 03-05-2024, 01:17 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,030 Times in 460 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tophcfa View Post
Dam, there are a lot of fellow Villagers out there with achy joint pain. ...
My grandmother used to tell me that if I was getting stiff in the joints, I should stay out of those joints.
Old 03-05-2024, 03:13 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,229 Times in 2,811 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecuadog View Post
My grandmother used to tell me that if I was getting stiff in the joints, I should stay out of those joints.
My grandmother told me that if my joints were stiff I was rolling them too tight.
Old 03-05-2024, 03:51 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,289 Times in 453 Posts

Quote:
I am having increased knee pain recently and I am looking for information on any pain medications (cremes) that can be applied to the knees to relieve the pain. I am sure this is muscular pain, and some of the OTC cremes do seem to offer some relief.
So if you found one that worked well that is what I am looking for, I will be going back to my doctor in a few weeks, so I do not need a doctor referral UNLESS this would be required for a specific creme (CBD based?)
Thank you for any information.
Voltaire n works great and I also did PT.
The PT I used was from Bob and Brad PT on YouTube. They are very easy to understand and they also help you figure out what is wrong with some simple movements of your knee. I followed for 2 weeks and the pain went bye bye
Old 03-05-2024, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinaDes View Post
Knee pain, joint pain, tendinitis, fasciitis are all inflammation in the body. The most natural way to get rid of all aches and pains is to change your diet. Eliminate all grains ( wheat & white flour, rice, barley, corn). Eliminate white sugar and all processed foods. Check out books like WheatBelly by Dr William Davis. Grain Brain by Dr David Perlmutter. Your health will be so much better.
Yes! Right after Christmas I went completely gluten free and I feel SO much better.

I had been "cheating" and consuming gluten occasionally before the holidays but couldn't resist stuffing, gravy, etc. My arthritis got so bad I was afraid to get out of bed being so achy with the pain. Then remembered reading about gluten and arthritis pain and knew I had to make a change.

Adding 2 TBS of apple cider vinegar to a pint of water each day has helped me too.

GL everyone and hope we all are feeling better soon. There is some great advice/suggestions here.

Tags
pain, doctor, knee, cremes, information

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.