Labor loves building houses

Closed Thread
Old 01-29-2023, 11:31 PM
Sage
Thanked 8,276 Times in 4,296 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjamuser View Post
Property taxes normally, which are progressive so those (OF YOU) with lots of property (2 homes) pay the most for school taxes. So riddle me this Batphysician.........would that INCENTIVIZE LARGE property owners to eliminate Vocation Ed ( too expensive) and force ALL students to bend toward academic fields (even though they are good with their hands). Incentivize large owners to put people on the school board to keep public school budgets low. And encourage private schools.

I imagine that SOME will find flaws with my dissertation. Anyone, anyone ?????
BZZZT! Nope. It's those "GREEDY" developers, paying for the schools out of their own pocket...

P.S. Your envy is also duly noted... (Not an attractive trait...)

BTW, you should be grateful that I own two homes. That means, while I pay full property taxes and amenity fees year round, I only use the services "part time"... You're welcome...

-Tom Petty
Old 01-29-2023, 11:32 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenswing View Post
It was the student loan program. Once anyone could borrow enough money to go to school colleges started spending like drunken sailors and raising tuition to cover their excesses. Now we have a generation with more debt than their degrees can pay for.
Except drunken sailors stop spending when they run out of money...

-Tom Petty
Old 01-30-2023, 09:18 AM

Chill
Old 01-30-2023, 10:47 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,910 Times in 1,528 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMintzer View Post
I wouldn't know. I've never lived in either of those places...

And statistics will show that when you increase the population by X%, crime will also increase by X%...
I am a person that believes the optimal population of the US SHOULD be about 250 million peeps. I am aware that I am an outlier on this and am "spitting in the wind". That said, let me finish with this........If you have 1X number of people and you the add 1X number of illegal immigrants with no education or shots and disease then you end up with 2.5 times the crime. Now, before someone calls me a racist, let me say that I think the same thing would apply if the illegals were Canadians or Swedish. It's the number of peeps that is the problem.....POPULATION. Every animal species has a HOLDING CAPACITY which depends on their range and territory (like wolves) and also like the human population in the US OVER 250 MILLION.
.......But, America has a FRONTIER mentality (too many John Wayne movies). And builders of estates can't help themselves - they build til they drop. Remember everything about America IS........bigger is better. Bigger homes, bigger cars, louder motorcycles, bigger cell phones, bigger waistlines, bigger appetites, get an operation and have BIGGER bust and whatever !
Old 01-30-2023, 02:31 PM
Sage

Quote:
I am a person that believes the optimal population of the US SHOULD be about 250 million peeps. I am aware that I am an outlier on this and am "spitting in the wind". That said, let me finish with this........If you have 1X number of people and you the add 1X number of illegal immigrants with no education or shots and disease then you end up with 2.5 times the crime. Now, before someone calls me a racist, let me say that I think the same thing would apply if the illegals were Canadians or Swedish. It's the number of peeps that is the problem.....POPULATION. Every animal species has a HOLDING CAPACITY which depends on their range and territory (like wolves) and also like the human population in the US OVER 250 MILLION.
.......But, America has a FRONTIER mentality (too many John Wayne movies). And builders of estates can't help themselves - they build til they drop. Remember everything about America IS........bigger is better. Bigger homes, bigger cars, louder motorcycles, bigger cell phones, bigger waistlines, bigger appetites, get an operation and have BIGGER bust and whatever !
1+1 = 2.5? That's some interesting math you got going on there...

But I'm glad to see you're fore securing the border...

And if you think it's only "America" who think "bigger is better", you haven't traveled much...

-Tom Petty
Old 01-30-2023, 03:02 PM
Sage

Quote:
More nonsense...

REAL wages were increasing AHEAD of inflation. That means the average American was INCREASING their purchase power.

You comparing prices from almost 60 years ago means nothing.

In 1985, I was paid $9500 as a resident... My first year in practice, I made $25K...

None of that means a thing today...

To your second "point"...

Sport:

noun

1. an activity involving physical exertion and skill in which an individual or team competes against another or others for entertainment.

Since you've never played the game, you haven't a clue as to the actual physical exertion and hand-eye coordination needed to play competitively... (a 9 iron and a plastic ball doesn't count...)
Oh, too bad, i can hit a plastic ball 9 iron with the best of them. An accurate 30 yards.
.......And get a new recent History and economics teacher because Real wages have ONLY increased in the last 2 years. No real change (taking inflation into consideration since 1990. And I have covered ALL that in prior posts. Maybe I need to water down the economic vocabulary.
........So, you admit that back then, you were just PRACTICING! Sorry, I could NOT resist that Bad, old Doctor joke.
Old 01-30-2023, 03:12 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vermilion Villager View Post
I'll have what he's drinking!
I have been drinking coffee to the point of being a fully caffeinated and functional human being. The drug of choice for the bottom 90% of the economic food chain. Pure Puerto Rican coffee beans, mis Amigos and Amigas.
Also, the drug of choice for the construction and mill workers of America. I believe that Native Americans had an upper-type similar. History, anyone, anyone?
Old 01-30-2023, 03:15 PM
Sage

Quote:
What in god's green earth does the CEO of GE have to do with colleges hiring un-needed "social justice" administrators?

And that led to "SALARY SLAVES"???
I would POLITELY suggest that my post should be re-read !
Old 01-30-2023, 03:19 PM
Sage

Quote:
Yup! Every time the gubmint raised how much you could borrow, schools increased tuition by a similar amount...

But that doesn't take into account that less and less money is being spent on actually teaching the students as more and more money is being spent on useless administrators...
I abso-toot-ly agree with that last sentence. High-five, or at least high-4.
Old 01-30-2023, 03:24 PM
Sage

Quote:
BZZZT! Nope. It's those "GREEDY" developers, paying for the schools out of their own pocket...

P.S. Your envy is also duly noted... (Not an attractive trait...)

BTW, you should be grateful that I own two homes. That means, while I pay full property taxes and amenity fees year round, I only use the services "part time"... You're welcome...
OK, I'll show up with some suitcases and we can party.
.........As far as ENVY goes, I am GREEN with it. Everybody knows I believe in the GREEN revolution.
Old 01-30-2023, 03:36 PM
Sage

Quote:
1+1 = 2.5? That's some interesting math you got going on there...

But I'm glad to see you're fore securing the border...

And if you think it's only "America" who think "bigger is better", you haven't traveled much...
Roger Doger on sentence 2. '
......And sentence 3.....YES, I have lived a sheltered life, just hanging out in my Mother's basement.
........And building and designing a home can be a "labor of love", but economics, financing, and laborers MUST ALL work together smoothly or The whole thing falls through (the floor). It is LIKELY that a recession is approaching, so the LITTLE PEOPLE (peeps) will get HURT the most (it always happens that way, funny). And the BIG people will come and buy up your mortgages at pennies on the dollar. Beware the SUITS !
Old 01-31-2023, 07:35 AM
Sage

Quote:
Oh, too bad, i can hit a plastic ball 9 iron with the best of them. An accurate 30 yards.
.......And get a new recent History and economics teacher because Real wages have ONLY increased in the last 2 years. No real change (taking inflation into consideration since 1990. And I have covered ALL that in prior posts. Maybe I need to water down the economic vocabulary.
........So, you admit that back then, you were just PRACTICING! Sorry, I could NOT resist that Bad, old Doctor joke.
Real wages HAVE NOT increased in the last 2 years. The average American family has $4200 LESS in spending power...

They have SHRUNK 3% with the current administration.

Per the U.S. Gubmint:

Real Wages Have Shrunk 3 Percent Since President Biden Took Office - House Committee on Ways and Means

Even CNN says they have SHRUNK...

Fact check: Biden makes false and misleading claims in economic speech | CNN Politics

-Tom Petty
Old 01-31-2023, 09:21 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,687 Times in 973 Posts

Anyone who thinks $20/hour is gross overpayment should try to live on $41,600/year.

When the cast member at Disney walks into his/her Walmart, guess what? Their eggs cost just as much as Joe Retiree living on a "fixed income". Gas costs just as much, but the working stiff has to buy more of it.

If you can't afford to tip the person behind the counter, or it brings a financial hardship to you, don't do it. But if that's the case, probably spending money on fast-food meals is not a great choice either.

I totally agree with whoever it was in a previous post who said watching too much TV news, whether it be CNN or FOX is a recipe for misery. Get out, breathe some Florida air, be glad we are not bracing for that ice storm. Try to enjoy the few precious days we have left. Don't let some TV newsperson with too much make-up spoil your day.

Carry on.
Old 01-31-2023, 10:45 AM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,220 Times in 752 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laker14 View Post
Anyone who thinks $20/hour is gross overpayment should try to live on $41,600/year.

When the cast member at Disney walks into his/her Walmart, guess what? Their eggs cost just as much as Joe Retiree living on a "fixed income". Gas costs just as much, but the working stiff has to buy more of it.

If you can't afford to tip the person behind the counter, or it brings a financial hardship to you, don't do it. But if that's the case, probably spending money on fast-food meals is not a great choice either.

I totally agree with whoever it was in a previous post who said watching too much TV news, whether it be CNN or FOX is a recipe for misery. Get out, breathe some Florida air, be glad we are not bracing for that ice storm. Try to enjoy the few precious days we have left. Don't let some TV newsperson with too much make-up spoil your day.

Carry on.

Hey, thanks- The post you are referencing was #44 in this bizarro thread. That post was mine,

The “news” is causing so much anger— along with all those other negative emotions — to run rampant.

Add FB and its spawn to what those television channels grind on and on about and we sure are in a mess.

The so-called “news” is calculated by the power brokers to keep the viewers in a heightened state of negativity.

It is interesting — though actually terrifying — to read about something known as the amygdala hijack. That’s when the emotional part of the brain takes over the thinking part of the brain.

The amygdala is the emotional response territory of the brain and when it is constantly under siege it can take over normal thinking and cause behaviors that can wreck all kinds of important, in-person relationships.

Pogo was right. (sigh)

Boomer
Old 01-31-2023, 11:40 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,687 Times in 973 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
Hey, thanks- The post you are referencing was #44 in this bizarro thread. That post was mine,

The “news” is causing so much anger— along with all those other negative emotions — to run rampant.

Add FB and its spawn to what those television channels grind on and on about and we sure are in a mess.

The so-called “news” is calculated by the power brokers to keep the viewers in a heightened state of negativity.

It is interesting — though actually terrifying — to read about something known as the amygdala hijack. That’s when the emotional part of the brain takes over the thinking part of the brain.

The amygdala is the emotional response territory of the brain and when it is constantly under siege it can take over normal thinking and cause behaviors that can wreck all kinds of important, in-person relationships.

Pogo was right. (sigh)

Boomer
Totally coincidentally, I was having a conversation yesterday with a friend of mine, who approaches politics from the opposite end of the conservative-liberal spectrum, than I do..He was telling me about a friend who has a family member glued to TV news. All day, every day, always tuned into the same network, never hearing any other message. It has so affected her personality that nobody wants to have anything to do with her, regardless of their political leanings. She has become so unpleasant to be around that nobody will do it.
Closed Thread

Tags
working, draw, expenses, creating, labor

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.