Labor loves building houses

Closed Thread
Old 01-31-2023, 11:42 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,910 Times in 1,528 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMintzer View Post
Real wages HAVE NOT increased in the last 2 years. The average American family has $4200 LESS in spending power...

They have SHRUNK 3% with the current administration.

Per the U.S. Gubmint:

Real Wages Have Shrunk 3 Percent Since President Biden Took Office - House Committee on Ways and Means

Even CNN says they have SHRUNK...

Fact check: Biden makes false and misleading claims in economic speech | CNN Politics
I read the 1st link and i could tell EASILY that it was TOTALLY biased.
.......I read the 2nd link and it said that SOME of the statements were incorrect. Some NOT so earthshaking errors. May the 1st among US who has never misspoken please throw the 1st STONE.
Old 01-31-2023, 11:49 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
Hey, thanks- The post you are referencing was #44 in this bizarro thread. That post was mine,

The “news” is causing so much anger— along with all those other negative emotions — to run rampant.

Add FB and its spawn to what those television channels grind on and on about and we sure are in a mess.

The so-called “news” is calculated by the power brokers to keep the viewers in a heightened state of negativity.

It is interesting — though actually terrifying — to read about something known as the amygdala hijack. That’s when the emotional part of the brain takes over the thinking part of the brain.

The amygdala is the emotional response territory of the brain and when it is constantly under siege it can take over normal thinking and cause behaviors that can wreck all kinds of important, in-person relationships.

Pogo was right. (sigh)

Boomer
"Amygdala highjack"......I believe that is the MAIN TOOL of fascists. Just watch old clips of Hitler's speeches to know that it CAN work and practically create mindless, non-thinking ZOMBIE followers. Beware America !!!!!!
Old 01-31-2023, 11:52 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laker14 View Post
Totally coincidentally, I was having a conversation yesterday with a friend of mine, who approaches politics from the opposite end of the conservative-liberal spectrum, than I do..He was telling me about a friend who has a family member glued to TV news. All day, every day, always tuned into the same network, never hearing any other message. It has so affected her personality that nobody wants to have anything to do with her, regardless of their political leanings. She has become so unpleasant to be around that nobody will do it.
Great post! That is becoming more and more of a problem in the US and here locally. I hear more distasteful conversations at the swimming pool now that many are polarized. Let's just HOPE that the middle holds.
Old 01-31-2023, 02:41 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjamuser View Post
I NEVER liked the concept of tips when I figured they were STUPID at about 7th grade. But, I am an outlier.
Sorry....duplicate
The alternative would be to add 24-30% to the price of restaurant food or other products and services where tipping is the norm.
Would you like that better?
At least with tipping, you can determine how much you felt the service was worth.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 01-31-2023, 05:43 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,798 Times in 734 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laker14 View Post
Totally coincidentally, I was having a conversation yesterday with a friend of mine, who approaches politics from the opposite end of the conservative-liberal spectrum, than I do..He was telling me about a friend who has a family member glued to TV news. All day, every day, always tuned into the same network, never hearing any other message. It has so affected her personality that nobody wants to have anything to do with her, regardless of their political leanings. She has become so unpleasant to be around that nobody will do it.
Gosh, that is like a biography of a poster here who will not be named.
Old 01-31-2023, 05:48 PM
Sage
Thanked 8,276 Times in 4,296 Posts

Quote:
.......I read the 2nd link and it said that SOME of the statements were incorrect. Some NOT so earthshaking errors. May the 1st among US who has never misspoken please throw the 1st STONE.
You're actually saying that a "us.gov" website is "TOTALLY biased?

And that CNN is wrong????

-Tom Petty
Old 01-31-2023, 05:50 PM
Sage

Quote:
But what the 2 links actually show is that YOU were wrong when you said that "REAL WAGES have INCREASED over the last two years"...

-Tom Petty
Old 01-31-2023, 05:52 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Winston O Boogie jr View Post
The alternative would be to add 24-30% to the price of restaurant food or other products and services where tipping is the norm.
At least with tipping, you can determine how much you felt the service was worth.
He wouldn't care, as he's stated (multiple times) that he rarely (if ever) eats out. He prefers to eat of well used paper plates, at home...

-Tom Petty
Old 02-01-2023, 04:58 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,203 Times in 569 Posts

Quote:
He wouldn't care, as he's stated (multiple times) that he rarely (if ever) eats out. He prefers to eat of well used paper plates, at home...
Well, the price of new paper plates has skyrocketed.
Old 02-01-2023, 06:58 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,303 Times in 561 Posts

For those who discount that we Fund these New Housing developments , Please read about the SHIP & Sail program…..$1.33 billion
As shown in the summary tables below, the total SHIP and SAIL appropriated funded dollars were $1.33 billion. These dollars generated a total economic impact output, employment and income for the SHIP funds of $7.18 billion, 54,969, and $1.7 billion, respectively.
Old 02-01-2023, 09:02 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Winston O Boogie jr View Post
Tipping is very elitist. I would rather engage in cow-tipping.
Old 02-01-2023, 09:07 AM
Sage

Quote:
Roger that.........It takes a simple man to sing a simple song. May the simple poor among us enter the grace of heaven.
Old 02-01-2023, 11:12 AM
Default RN pay

Quote:
Originally Posted by asianthree View Post
Starting for for new graduate RN can start at $22-24 hourly rate, state by state, unless you want to work in high crime area, then you get hazard pay.

So why go into health care, when you can work for Disney, get ticket perks, and have a stress free magical day.
I totally agree. I'm a recently retired RN. A Handyman pay in TV is better per hour than a registered nurse pay. Don't get it. And way higher than a teacher's pay. Don't get that either.

When I was on the floor working my arse off - with no 15 minute breaks, no 30 minute lunch, and never getting out on time ..... and wait ..... called names, spit on, urine thrown on me, elbow broken, no holidays spent with my family, and on and on it goes . . . I often wondered, "What the hell am I doing this for?" Society needs nurses, doctors, teachers, firemen and firewomen, and police officers - for sure. We should pay them accordingly. And if they are not doing their jobs accordingly, they should be fired - not protected. My rant is over.
Old 02-01-2023, 11:49 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerseygirl08 View Post
I totally agree. I'm a recently retired RN. A Handyman pay in TV is better per hour than a registered nurse pay. Don't get it. And way higher than a teacher's pay. Don't get that either.

When I was on the floor working my arse off - with no 15 minute breaks, no 30 minute lunch, and never getting out on time ..... and wait ..... called names, spit on, urine thrown on me, elbow broken, no holidays spent with my family, and on and on it goes . . . I often wondered, "What the hell am I doing this for?" Society needs nurses, doctors, teachers, firemen and firewomen, and police officers - for sure. We should pay them accordingly. And if they are not doing their jobs accordingly, they should be fired - not protected. My rant is over.
You're assuming a handyman works a full 8 hr day, with no travel time between jobs, no down time between jobs, no "ooops, the person forgot he was coming and went out to lunch"...

And they do get injuries, which can put them out of commission for weeks...

That said, they get paid exactly what people are willing to pay...

-Tom Petty
Old 02-02-2023, 09:04 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerseygirl08 View Post

Good post. It is very SAD that (say) a plumber would make more money than a nurse or TEACHER. The US has been VERY backward about its priorities for years. One reason for that is that "the powers that be" have DECRIED that UNIONS "shall be NO MORE"! They fear UNIONS because UNIONS are about helping ordinary people get ahead. If these upper, uber elitists COULD do it, they would have already OUTSOURCED TEACHERS and NURSES to China.
Closed Thread

Tags
working, draw, expenses, creating, labor

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.