The Lady Lake meeting to discuss the Paradise Dr. Cart Access

Closed Thread
Old 08-18-2013, 08:50 PM
Sage
Location: Summer at the Jersey Shore, Fall in New England [Maine], Winter in TV!

newcomer - anyone can pass thru a gate in the villages by pressing the red button on the visitors side of the gate. the villages is not a gated/protected community in the true sense of the word and as stonecrest and spruce creek south are.

the golf cart crossing at spruce creek south has been authorized but not yet approved as it has not yet finalized sufficient revision to meet the requirements of florida dot. so residents do not have access yet.

Old 08-18-2013, 08:54 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

In #4 of your letter, you mention the lady Lake Post office. Are you referring to the little post office behind the Circle K? My understanding is that was set up so that the residents of OBG, Country Club Hills, and Silver lake would have a place to pick up their mail. Do Stonecrest residents have PO boxes there as well? Don't they have their own PO boxes in Stonecrest or is mail delivered to them at their homes?
ARe you talking about the Lady Lake Post Office on Route 25? That is not accessible to golf carts by anyone.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 08-18-2013, 09:04 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

Where can we see a copy of Resolution 98-106?
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 08-18-2013, 09:04 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Winston O Boogie jr View Post
Where can we see a copy of Resolution 98-106?
I have a copy tell me how to upload it?
Old 08-18-2013, 09:10 PM
Veteran member
Default Resolution 98-106

I hope this worked????
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	Resolution 98-106.jpg
Views:	280
Size:	153.3 KB
ID:	19112  
Old 08-18-2013, 09:11 PM
Sage

It worked perfectly. Thank you.
Old 08-18-2013, 09:13 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkcunningham1 View Post
Your welcome and good luck tomorrow.
Old 08-18-2013, 09:16 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
What does it mean BK? I can't read all of it. Does it mean that the gate must remain open or that the other areas are thoroughfares through people's property?

Or something else entirely? Who found it?
Old 08-18-2013, 09:19 PM
Sage
Location: Summer at the Jersey Shore, Fall in New England [Maine], Winter in TV!

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
What does it mean BK? I can't read all of it. Does it mean that the gate must remain open or that the other areas are thoroughfares through people's property?

didja click on the image to enlarge?

this was orig published in the ************** - was research they did

Old 08-18-2013, 09:21 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post

Lady Lake Commissioner. It means the property is to be used for Golf Cart access. I'm not sure which Lady lake Commissioner. Now you know as much as I do.
Old 08-18-2013, 09:24 PM

The attorney's to be know much more than anyone without the info or knowledge of the legal aspects. But as a paralegal with some law school, it does not restrict gate or wall access, but it does restrict it to be used in any form other than golf cart access. I would need to see what Lady Lake approved prior, but regardless, the town of lady lake, if it is legally necessary, can just go ahead and approve the wall or a gate if they want to. They are not restricted in that way, but approval, if not obtained already, should probably be approved to satisfy everyone. But in no way does it say that a wall or gate could never be installed whatsoever, if that is what Gracie wants to know. Does anyone have a copy of the first approve plans from way back in 1998 or so to look at?
Old 08-18-2013, 09:25 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
How do you get a gate pass?
They have to call the person you said you are visiting to get their o.k.

I don't know about the restaurant or golf course. I think the pass may say

Restaurant.....or Golf course. You have to stick it on your dash near the window so people can see what you are up too.
Old 08-18-2013, 09:28 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpicyCajunPugs View Post
The attorney's to be know much more than anyone without the info or knowledge of the legal aspects. But as a paralegal with some law school, it does not restrict gate or wall access, but it does restrict it to be used in any form other than golf cart access. I would need to see what Lady Lake approved prior, but regardless, the town of lady lake, if it is legally necessary, can just go ahead and approve the wall or a gate if they want to. They are not restricted in that way, but approval, if not obtained already, should probably be approved to satisfy everyone. But in no way does it say that a wall or gate could never be installed whatsoever, if that is what Gracie wants to know. Does anyone have a copy of the first approve plans from way back in 1998 or so to look at?
I do not have a copy but I've been told the original engineering document submitted to Lady lake show it also as a designated golf cart path. I'm sure someone will have them at the meeting. Like I said good luck.
Old 08-18-2013, 09:30 PM
Sage

bkcunningham1 posted this link in another thread the other day - it is chock full of documents re the history of the paradise access point. after reviewing the agenda start @ pg 48 and keep scrolling higher for additional mtg agendas in years prior...even where it was once denied!

http://www.ladylake.org/wp-content/u...g-08-19-13.pdf

copy of plans start on page 63 i think - i had to reduce to get them to fit the page.

Old 08-18-2013, 09:36 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by njbchbum View Post
bkcunningham1 posted this link in another thread the other day - it is chock full of documents re the history of the paradise access point. after reviewing the agenda start @ pg 48 and keep scrolling higher for additional mtg agendas in years prior...even where it was once denied!

http://www.ladylake.org/wp-content/u...g-08-19-13.pdf
NJ, you are correct but that denial was one that occurred a couple of years before the 1998 was accepted if I'm not mistaken.

Let me know if you concur.

Ed

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.