Lady Lake Water Oak Country Club ?

Closed Thread
Old 09-19-2018, 11:13 AM
Default Lady Lake Water Oak Country Club ?

The Villages FloridaQuestion: is Lady Lake Water Oak Country Club part of the Villages? Are these mobile homes? If you buy these are you buying the home and land or is there a land fee ? TIA

Last edited by Pokey13; 09-19-2018 at 11:41 AM.
Old 09-19-2018, 11:44 AM
Default Lady Lake Water Oak Country Club ?

Not part of The Villages. More info here:

Water Oak Country Club | Sun Communities, Inc.
Old 09-19-2018, 12:33 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,043 Times in 369 Posts

You rent your homesite at Water Oak. Apparently that works for some people.
Old 09-19-2018, 02:05 PM

I just looked at the map, and I like the part that tells you where the SHED is. LOL.
Old 09-19-2018, 03:19 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokey13 View Post
The Villages FloridaQuestion: is Lady Lake Water Oak Country Club part of the Villages? Are these mobile homes? If you buy these are you buying the home and land or is there a land fee ? TIA
I did some research and found for one, the golf course is totally mis-managed. Maybe someone who lives there can update us. I heard that play is so slow that many will quit after 12 holes. They'll let any group go out, even a group of six. Doesn't sound like a good round of golf.

I first checked into Sun Properties in their Myrtle Beach location and the first thing I found were photos of residents picketing at the gate. Apparently those who original lease had run out, had lot rent raised to $350 a month while the new people were given rates under $200 a month. Doesn't sound like it's too fair to the residents who want to make a permanent home.

They do have some beautiful modular homes for sale, but since you're not part of TV, while limit yourself to this area. Thirty miles north in Ocala is Rolling Greens Mobile Home Park. It's age restricted community.

Rolling Greens Mhp - Home

The Villages Florida
Old 09-19-2018, 04:26 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokey13 View Post
The way I understand it these homes are Mobile Homes and even though it is a beautiful Community if by chance they sell the land to a Big Developer In The Area??? Pack 'em up, Strap 'em Up, Move 'em out. If you don't own the land and they sell the entire parcel it is your responsibility to move your unit to a new place. The fee or lot rental was between $600 & $800 about a year ago. The good thing is you get a beautiful place to live at less than we pay and pay at least $7000 a year in rent.

On the other hand in The Villages, your manufactured homes are Real Estate. They are initially more expensive but you own the land and that works for a whole lot of people. The financial advantages are pay up front and never worry about anyone selling the land out from under you. You may also enjoy the same financial rewards on your income taxes that a stick built home does. Our homes are Manufactured Homes because of the lot ownership.

Water Oak is not part of The Villages. If you need a hand with any decision send me a Private Message. I would be happy to try and help you out. It is very inexpensive tax-wise to live in The Villages on a monthly basis. Good Luck either way.
Closed Thread

Tags
lady, land, oak, lake, country

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.