Lake Panasoffkee Animal Shelter Donation

Closed Thread
Old 03-27-2021, 09:58 AM

I rescued my dog from there as well as donated. They are a no kill shelter run by volunteers. They do not get funds other than donations Nd fund raisers. Wonderful place.
Old 03-27-2021, 10:04 AM

Yes
Old 03-27-2021, 10:26 AM
Veteran member

the state has a yearly report on them, as well as you can look up IRS records ...
Old 03-27-2021, 10:29 AM

On behalf of YOUR Humane Society SPCA, I want to say thank you for all the supportive comments from our community. Along with that, thank you for considering a monetary gift of your stimulus check to help ANY local non-profit. A gift to a nonprofit that is close to the donor's heart is always the most meaningful and helps strengthen their community. Every and any amount helps us continue our mission within our community.
As we have been reminded during this pandemic, the value of our pets in our stressful lives has been tremendous. Our two public assistance programs, the "Kibbles" free pet food pantry and "Big Fix" spay/neuter vouchers, help the pet owners by not having them surrender their family pets during times of financial hardship. So, in an indirect way, we do help people. These programs rely on monetary support. While we do need and appreciate in-kind donations such as blankets, leashes, cleaning supplies, etc., in general, monetary donations allow us the flexibility to use funds where most needed at the time such as surgeries, medical supplies, vehicle maintenance, phone/electric bill, etc. We welcome anyone to check in with us (352-793-9117 or via our FB page) on what may be our most current need before purchasing anything that we may already have in excess. Storage can also becomes an issue and food can spoil over time so we don't want anyone's gift to needlessly go to waste. We do share our surplus with other animal rescue organizations who may be running low and we offer pet supplies such as brushes, bowls, litterboxes, etc., to the "Kibbles" recipients who come to pick up their monthly food allotment if it helps them care for their pets, so it all will still help animals as the donor intended.
We welcome anyone to come for a visit and we would be happy to provide a tour to show any prospective donors how gifts are used. We do ask to schedule it so that we can keep the # of visitors at a safe level during the pandemic.
Thank you again for your kindness and I hope you're all staying well.

Claudia Labbe'
Chairman
Fundraising/PR Chairman
YOUR Humane Society SPCA
www.yhsspca.org
Old 03-27-2021, 11:14 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,876 Times in 950 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plinker View Post
Can anyone provide first-hand experience with this shelter in regard to their reputation of using the bulk of donated funds to provide for the care of their rescue pets? I am looking for a home for my stimulus check.
Thank you!
I would expect it is published information. My view charity, I would expect not more than 20% for salaries. The Clinton foundation. I was shocked to read 80% went to TRAVEL.
The number was spun. The proper title for that folder is TRAVEL AND ENTERTAINMENT.
When, I was in business and itemizing I was told anything over 20% would result in a full audit. Reality? Rumor? I don't know.
Old 03-27-2021, 11:38 AM
Default Caring shelter

I can’t speak about finances but I can tell you they take good care of the animals. I have been volunteering there since last October. I was very impressed with their orientation for new volunteers and the free instruction they provide for those not very experienced. The animals are taken to the vet whenever needed, always have food and water in their cages and we clean their cages as necessary. They have a wonderful fenced in areas for animals and even a obstacle course which I enjoy with some dogs. Their office isn’t fancy so no money wasted there. And just finished building a new cat house and are working on an expanded kennel for new dogs. There is constant work on upgrading the areas for the animals which I know is costly. I think that would be a wonderful use of the money. I know the joy of comfort of a rescue dog myself.
Old 03-27-2021, 11:44 AM

Many more people donate to human charities so in my opinion any monies donated to animal charities especially local is well worth doing. So many people charities have such overhead that a great deal of money sent is used for administrative purposes.
Old 03-27-2021, 12:09 PM

YO, eyc234
All I can say is “ Woof Woof, Meow,-Hee-Haw, Oink Oink, Baa Baa to you ! “
Old 03-27-2021, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyc234 View Post
So with all the need of human beings due to the Corona virus, feeding and sheltering animals is the best way to donate during these times of human suffering?
Are you kidding? These poor neglected animals can’t ask for help and are suffering more now than ever because of Chinese virus. They need all the help they can get. God bless the poster for her kind heart to donate to the animals. Your thoughtfulness will come back to you a hundredfold!
Old 03-27-2021, 06:02 PM

Do they need older clean towels? Where do I take them if so?
Old 03-27-2021, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyc234 View Post
So with all the need of human beings due to the Corona virus, feeding and sheltering animals is the best way to donate during these times of human suffering?
All living beings deserve to live their best lives possible. Please, with your attitude, don’t get a pet.
Old 03-28-2021, 12:01 AM

I am a volunteer at this incredible no kill shelter and can assure you that every cent donated goes to support the animals and their care. This shelter does not receive any state or county funding and depends totally on donations and volunteers. Everyone there gives so much of their time energy and love to these poor homeless animals and they need every bit of money or donations to keep helping these animals who in turn bring so much comfort, companionship and love to the homes and families who adopt them. For many individuals, their beloved pets are their only companions who give them undying love and devotion every single day. We have so many wonderful dogs and cats there waiting for their furever homes and hoping for someone to give their love to. I can promise you that any donations made to this wonderful shelter will be more than gratefully received and used totally for the care of these abandoned animals and efforts to finding them loving homes. God bless and thank you for thinking of those who can't take care of themselves.
Old 03-28-2021, 08:47 AM

Go to the shelter . look into the eyes of the workers including management . Have a brief conversation and let your God given instinks prevail.
Closed Thread

Tags
shelter, provide, care, rescue, pets

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.