Lake Sumter Landing open.95+% NO MASKS

Closed Thread
Old 10-12-2020, 07:21 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,645 Times in 1,516 Posts

For the person saying that some of us "don't get it" it also goes the other way. Some of you INSIST that others protect you by wearing a mask. So, if I say that I insist that YOU wear eye protection(goggles, shield, etc) because the eyes are easier to infect than a closed mouth or through a nose that is filtered by hairs, then you must conform, right? And maybe I want you to also wear gloves. No, it is you that just doesn't get it. We all make up our own minds as to how much risk we wish to take to support our lifestyle. It is not up to others to dictate their idea of how we must conform to their standards.
I wear a mask where I deem it to be prudent. I wear it for my wife's sake, or if an establishment requests that we wear a mask. I do not do it for you. If that makes me inconsiderate, oh well. Like others have said, if you are afraid then don't leave home. No, it is not your right to demand conformity of others. You are not law enforcement and you are not the morality police.
If you say, "I wish folks would wear their mask" I have no problem with that. When you say "you people must wear a mask or you are putting us at risk" then be prepared to be ignored. Sorry, but guilt trips have been known to influence very little.

Masks help lower the chances of becoming infected. They do NOT prevent all chances of infection, but they may be enough to save your life in a particular circumstance. Gloves added are better and eye protection is also helpful. A few months ago, the media was putting out that most of the infections occurred at home. Apparently, a lot of folks were infected by family that "carried" it home with them. I would be very surprised to hear of anyone that wears their protective gear at home.

So, it has been established that if anyone is in close vicinity for a prolonged period of time, the mask wearing person has a better chance of avoiding infection than a person with no protection. No one can argue that. Just like the fact seems to remain that those that are older, prone to illnesses, have medical issues, etc. are more prone to suffer worse than those that are young and healthy. Simple, right?
Old 10-12-2020, 02:21 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,168 Times in 1,929 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byte1 View Post
For the person saying that some of us "don't get it" it also goes the other way. Some of you INSIST that others protect you by wearing a mask. So, if I say that I insist that YOU wear eye protection(goggles, shield, etc) because the eyes are easier to infect than a closed mouth or through a nose that is filtered by hairs, then you must conform, right? And maybe I want you to also wear gloves. No, it is you that just doesn't get it. We all make up our own minds as to how much risk we wish to take to support our lifestyle. It is not up to others to dictate their idea of how we must conform to their standards.
I wear a mask where I deem it to be prudent. I wear it for my wife's sake, or if an establishment requests that we wear a mask. I do not do it for you. If that makes me inconsiderate, oh well. Like others have said, if you are afraid then don't leave home. No, it is not your right to demand conformity of others. You are not law enforcement and you are not the morality police.
If you say, "I wish folks would wear their mask" I have no problem with that. When you say "you people must wear a mask or you are putting us at risk" then be prepared to be ignored. Sorry, but guilt trips have been known to influence very little.

Masks help lower the chances of becoming infected. They do NOT prevent all chances of infection, but they may be enough to save your life in a particular circumstance. Gloves added are better and eye protection is also helpful. A few months ago, the media was putting out that most of the infections occurred at home. Apparently, a lot of folks were infected by family that "carried" it home with them. I would be very surprised to hear of anyone that wears their protective gear at home.

So, it has been established that if anyone is in close vicinity for a prolonged period of time, the mask wearing person has a better chance of avoiding infection than a person with no protection. No one can argue that. Just like the fact seems to remain that those that are older, prone to illnesses, have medical issues, etc. are more prone to suffer worse than those that are young and healthy. Simple, right?
That would be me. Yes, there is a possibility of contracting the virus via the eyes, but it is believed the main mode of transmission is through the nasal passages and the respiratory system. The CDC has not added wearing goggles to their guidelines to keep us protected and to mitigate the virus.

Can You Catch COVID-19 Through Your Eyes?
Old 10-12-2020, 02:23 PM
Veteran member

Not to move off subject but I'm surprised no one mentioned the real treat of the misquitoes that seem to have become a real issue at the squares, golf and even pickleball counts. At the Squares after sunset even the band members have made a request over the mic for Misquitoe Spray and some people leave since they are getting bit. I've been bit on the golf course and now even on the Pickleball courts in the early morning. I know many will post There are no misquitoes here, we haven't seen any but I can post a picture of my Pickleball racket with blood on it from swating one off my body in the early morning. BTW if your locked up in your house your probally safe and there are clearly less here than NY but in previous years we never have seen any misquitoes here > I think someone is saving some money by not spraying the amount they used to before.
Closed Thread

Tags
masks, surprised, shoulder, square, surrounding

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.