A lamb for a pet

Closed Thread
Old 03-07-2015, 12:33 PM
Gold member
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mleeja View Post
You received the correct answer in the very first reply. "Livestock" animal are prohibited. In addition, out building are prohibited as well as fences. Review the deed restrictions you signed when you purchased your house. You can also find them online with a little digging.

You've asked a "strange" question and you should expect a little levity.

No need to admonish people.
I originally asked a serious question. These particular animals are at times kept as pets. Many times on TOTV people offer what they think is humor when in fact it is sarcasm. I do know that pigs are kept as pets in large city apartments so I see no reason to term my question as being "strange".
Old 03-07-2015, 12:38 PM
Gold member
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
Oh Warren, I think you knew the answer to this question before you asked it.
You can't blame people for having a little fun.
There were lots of funny posts, but I LOVE DeanFL's response.
I DID NOT KNOW THE ANSWER AND MANY OTHERS ARE UNSURE. It seems to hang on the definition of these miniature animals. Are they considered to be livestock or domestic animals. It would probably take a court case to make a determination.
Old 03-07-2015, 03:31 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougB View Post
I believe if the goat is a "kid", it can't stay in The Villages more than 30 days in a year.
Old 03-07-2015, 03:56 PM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren Kiefer View Post
I DID NOT KNOW THE ANSWER AND MANY OTHERS ARE UNSURE. It seems to hang on the definition of these miniature animals. Are they considered to be livestock or domestic animals. It would probably take a court case to make a determination.
A fairly sure way to determine if they are allowed is to call the Compliance Office on Monday morning. Chances are that the answer is NO.

Yes, you could hire an attorney to bring your case to court. Remember, The Villages hires the best lawyers and it ends up costing you a great deal of time and money to still get the same answer.

However, this is America, so play your cards as you like. Best of luck.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.