lanai, dogs, birdcages, oh my

Closed Thread
Old 12-07-2012, 08:18 AM

412 SAN PEDRO DR
THE VILLAGES, FL 32159-8700
VLS# 212370
2 Bed 2 Bath / 1498 Sq. Ft.
$159,900

Check out this pending sale on the village for sale site. House pending but check the rear yard.
Old 12-07-2012, 08:27 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by raynitsche View Post
412 SAN PEDRO DR
THE VILLAGES, FL 32159-8700
VLS# 212370
2 Bed 2 Bath / 1498 Sq. Ft.
$159,900

Check out this pending sale on the village for sale site. House pending but check the rear yard.

Wow...it has grass in the birdcage, looks like real grass. Go to Villages site and type in San Pedro on the line for the street. It is the first one.

Great price too.
Old 12-07-2012, 10:56 AM

I did not receive a pm from you....please email me at petdaycare at aol dot com

ty
Old 12-07-2012, 11:14 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by teachnmo View Post
When your dog goes outside it must be on a leash. If you haven't been use to this (as we weren't), you get use to it soon.
This is not true. Your dog must only be on a leash if they are on "common property". Their are NO TV covenants or city / county laws that require you to have your dog on a leash on your property.
Old 12-07-2012, 11:20 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
Dogs cannot "run free" in your yard. They must either be on a leash at all times, or you will need to install invisible fencing. We use invisible fencing for our two dogs, 10 pounds and 70 pounds. That is a solution a lot of Village residents use.

I suggest you hit the Search button on the blue line above, and type in "invisible fencing". You will find a ton of information.

Please provide actually covenants or city / county law that prevents your dog from "running free" on your property ... tks.
Old 12-07-2012, 08:53 PM

Gosh it seems like we have alot of dog owners on this site but I feel we are restricted with regards to the dog's waste! Good Lord, the dogs need to relieve themselves, weather they do it in the yard, in the birdcage or the lani. Why does it have to be so hard. Dogs are wonderful companions. I would not have made it thus far without the assistance of a cannine buddy. If I have to fight to allow my dog to pee and poop on my property I will do it. Restrictions? Give me a break, look at the big picture, cannines keep us on this side of the looney bin. :-)
Old 12-09-2012, 01:34 PM

The following is what the Sumter County Code says on leash laws:

County Code 4-10 states that all dogs must be confined on owners property at all times or under direct control or on a leash when off the owners property.

Otherwise a citation will be issued for the animal running free.

Wording up for interpretation as usual with legislation. Confined and Under Direct Control can mean many things to include NOT being on a leash. My dogs are trained and respond to my voice commands, i.e., Under Direct Control and won't leave the yard unless I tell them too, even to chase a squirrel. But "a leash when off the owners property" is black and white.

Bottom line...you're responsible for your dogs actions! So, if in doubt what your dog will do when your neighbor or neighbors dog is outside, contain them one way or another.
Old 12-09-2012, 02:37 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by teachnmo View Post
When your dog goes outside it must be on a leash. If you haven't been use to this (as we weren't), you get use to it soon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
Dogs cannot "run free" in your yard. They must either be on a leash at all times, or you will need to install invisible fencing. We use invisible fencing for our two dogs, 10 pounds and 70 pounds. That is a solution a lot of Village residents use.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LndLocked View Post
This is not true. Your dog must only be on a leash if they are on "common property". Their are NO TV covenants or city / county laws that require you to have your dog on a leash on your property.
LndLocked .... You are absolutely correct. Dogs don't have to be leashed on your property, but they do need to be under your control and "confined". For a lot of people, this means leashes or invisible fencing. Dogs need to be well trained not to leave your property, or be supervised, but not necessarily tied. Sorry, I mispoke.
Old 12-09-2012, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by njsonja View Post
I was distinctly told by the Villages Management Property folks that there is a restriction of concrete vs. grass. Is this not true?
If you get your birdcage built along with your house, it must be done by T&D and they have specific rules about the (very small) amount of the surface that can be dirt instead of concrete.

However, if you build your birdcage AFTER YOU OWN the house, you can use any contractor and can design the interior any way you want. The contractor takes your design through the Architectural Review Committee process, where they look at the exterior only. They do not care what you do inside as long as it is structurally sound (i.e, you need a concrete footer under the base of the cage.)

We built a large birdcage with a beautiful garden inside, along with paving. Our dogs love it and so do we.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.