Lanais are useless

Closed Thread
Old 01-30-2014, 10:26 AM

I've lived in Florida all my life. So I really don't feel one way or the other about a lanai. I just see a lot furniture that's not used as much as it could be. In the summer it's hot, and days like today aren't really good to sit outside. Some people love to out on the lanai, I do too when the weather is right.

I have an all weather lanai and i'm a fair weather lanai user.

U.S. Immigration and Naturalization Service

Senior Firearms Instructor,
Federal Law Enforcement Training Center (FLETC)
Glynco, GA
Old 01-30-2014, 03:38 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wing-nut2 View Post
People spend a lot of money on lanais. I offered my neighbor a deal, we drive around and for every empty lanai, he gives me a dollar. For every lanai with someone on it, I would give him five dollars. He ask to stop after he lost 50.00.

There nice, but under used here in Florida.

My 2 cents.
I expect you could make the same type of money betting on home pools being unused, lol.

My 2 cents.
Old 01-30-2014, 03:46 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,526 Times in 1,918 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

A long time ago, Villages Kahuna, the original one with the beard, made a statement that he thought that since this is Florida and the weather is so nice most of the time, that he thought adding to your lanai space was a good thing and that thought stuck with me.

I know a lot of people who enjoy their enclosed lanai, but I am one who likes the breeze and watching the rain from a screened area and eating outdoors with the screen. I think Swimdawg has an excellent lanai for both.

I feel so blessed to have the nice screened lanai that we have and I don't think either of us want to enclose it.

We face neighbors in the back but were lucky to have some space between us. We have a fountain just outside of the lanai that is so pleasant to hear and the roses blooming. EVEN today when we are cozily tucked inside.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.