Lani Wall Fan

Old 05-08-2024, 04:35 PM
Default Lani Wall Fan

I have a small lani that I had enclosed with thermal pane windows and lani ceiling insulated. We keep the sliding door open to maintain a comfortable temperature in the lani. I would like to move more of the temperature controlled house air into the lanai with a wall fan. Has anyone had experience installing a wall fan through an internal wall and through an external stucco block lani wall? If so any issues?

Last edited by dcianciolo; 05-08-2024 at 08:08 PM.
Old 05-08-2024, 05:00 PM
Sage
Thanked 6,369 Times in 2,319 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcianciolo View Post
I have a small lani that I had enclosed with thermal pane windows and lani ceiling insulated. We keep the sliding door open to maintain a comfortable temperature in the lani. I would like to move more of the temperature controlled house air into the lanai with a wall fan. Has anyone had experience installing a wall fan through an internal wall and through an external lani wall? If so any issues?
You do not mention the type of construction of your house, stick, concrete block, poured concrete, etc. In any case locating the fan in the area of the slider may be problematic, also areas to either side may have 120 VAC wiring, I know ours does. Concrete block walls are thick and there are locations that are solid concrete with steel rebar installed.
I would suggest an oscillation floor fan close to the slider opening I have seen many models some with remote controls.
Old 05-08-2024, 05:22 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,996 Times in 770 Posts

Since you insulated and thermopane glass any A/C company could install ductwork to extend A/C into lanai.
Old 05-08-2024, 05:56 PM
Sage
Thanked 6,369 Times in 2,319 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keefelane66 View Post
Since you insulated and thermopane glass any A/C company could install ductwork to extend A/C into lanai.
Not true, check building codes, the AC company would need to report the work and then there maybe tax implications. Be very careful on this option.

Tags
wall, lani, fan, temperature, internal

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.