Lantana owners

Closed Thread
Old 04-23-2012, 11:49 AM
Veteran member
Default Lantana owners

We have a year to build but I have a question.

We would like to put sliding doors on the back of the house by the kitchen nook. We were told the only way to do this is to extend the lanai to 12 ft and extend it to the end of the house. As our lot cannot handle the 2 ft lanai extension (we are going to use the 2 ft to extend the house), we could not have a sliding doors.

This seems very weird. Is our sales agent mis-informed?
I would like sliders by our kitchen table so I can easily go out and BBQ.

Will getting the sliders be a problem?
Old 04-23-2012, 01:36 PM
Eternal Member

I have a Lantana built in 2004. I have sliders in my nook. I didn't add on to my house. My lanai goes to the corner of my house.
Old 04-23-2012, 01:50 PM
Email Reported As Spam

We have a Lantana. We have a bird cage adjacent to the kitchen nook. We also have a sliding glass door and as you suggest we use it so we can use it when we BBQ. Our home was built in 2006. I believe your sale rep is correct.
If it is your preference you may want to add to the lanai and add a summer kitchen. We donothave one but use the grill hroughout the year. I am trying to talk my spouse into re-modeling the lanai and bird cage .
Old 04-23-2012, 01:57 PM
Sage

My lantana was built in 2006 and I have a slider out to the lanai in my kitchen eating nook. My lanai goes to the end of the house and the slider is under the lanai. Doesn't the plan include lanai to the end of the house at the kitchen end? I've seen the lanai smaller than the entire length of the rear of the house, but it's the bedroom end not covered. On my house, lanai and cage enclose all the rear of the house. Not exactly sure what your agent is talking about. Have yet to see a lantana where the kitchen area doesn't have lanai directly outside, but I've not seen all the lantanas in TV..
Old 04-23-2012, 02:11 PM
Veteran member
Default Lantana

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooh View Post
My lantana was built in 2006 and I have a slider out to the lanai in my kitchen eating nook. My lanai goes to the end of the house and the slider is under the lanai. Doesn't the plan include lanai to the end of the house at the kitchen end? I've seen the lanai smaller than the entire length of the rear of the house, but it's the bedroom end not covered. On my house, lanai and cage enclose all the rear of the house. Not exactly sure what your agent is talking about. Have yet to see a lantana where the kitchen area doesn't have lanai directly outside, but I've not seen all the lantanas in TV..
My agent showed us the plan that they use to make sure the house sits on the lot with the set backs. For some reason if you only have a 10 ft lania you cannot extend it to the kitchen side of the house. The agent also advised they cannot put in sliders unless the lania coveres it. That's the strange part. Anyway, we now have designers to meet with and I'll appeal to their good sence.

Lastly, did you know that we share the same birth month and day? s
Old 04-23-2012, 02:13 PM
Sage
Default Lantana

When we bought our house there was a cage at the bedroom end of the house. We added a cage off of the lanai and it was joined to the cage at the end of the house. My slider off the kitchen area is under the roof as you can see.
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	lanai1.jpg
Views:	181
Size:	35.2 KB
ID:	2497   The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	lanai 2.jpg
Views:	169
Size:	43.5 KB
ID:	2498  
Old 04-23-2012, 02:36 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by aljetmet View Post
My agent showed us the plan that they use to make sure the house sits on the lot with the set backs. For some reason if you only have a 10 ft lania you cannot extend it to the kitchen side of the house. The agent also advised they cannot put in sliders unless the lania coveres it. That's the strange part. Anyway, we now have designers to meet with and I'll appeal to their good sence.

Lastly, did you know that we share the same birth month and day? s
My sister is the 28th and my friend was the 30th, my cousin, the 31st. My brother is the 4th It was birthday month in our neighborhood, for sure. I also share the same birthdate with my friend's husband! So do you!!! .....

Now, just the year....45? Probably later for you....
Old 04-23-2012, 05:06 PM
Sage

I was just checking Lantana models on TV website and see what you've described. There is one elevation that has a very small lanai, it doesn't go as far as the kitchen window and doesn't cover both bedroom windows.

Do you have enough room to use a different elevation for the home you will be building? Maybe different elevations come with different features.
Old 04-23-2012, 05:29 PM
Veteran member
Default Lantana

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooh View Post
I was just checking Lantana models on TV website and see what you've described. There is one elevation that has a very small lanai, it doesn't go as far as the kitchen window and doesn't cover both bedroom windows.

Do you have enough room to use a different elevation for the home you will be building? Maybe different elevations come with different features.
We had a choice of one lot to build a Lantana that could be stretched (that is on a non golf course lot). In fact we stretched the garage by 4 ft on the side. (Our sales agent sent it to the CAD dept to double check)
We can stretch the length of the house but that's it. No more stretches can be made.

Like your lanai and bird cage. Is the birdcage after market? Maybe if we add a birdcage, then they will allow the sliders. I'm hoping that TV will be more receptive to accommodate their customers now more then the last several years. I can dream, right?
Old 04-23-2012, 05:57 PM
Sage

Quote:
We had a choice of one lot to build a Lantana that could be stretched (that is on a non golf course lot). In fact we stretched the garage by 4 ft on the side. (Our sales agent sent it to the CAD dept to double check)
We can stretch the length of the house but that's it. No more stretches can be made.

Like your lanai and bird cage. Is the birdcage after market? Maybe if we add a birdcage, then they will allow the sliders. I'm hoping that TV will be more receptive to accommodate their customers now more then the last several years. I can dream, right?
Thank you. There was a cage over the spa that came with the house. We added 10 feet to the lanai and had another cage installed and connected to the one over the spa. We have a large lot, but it slopes towards the house and if we had wanted to make the cage larger, we would have had to install a wall. Don't like sitting out in the sun anyway so the extra ten feet gave enough extra space.
Old 04-23-2012, 06:24 PM
Default New lot?

Have you spoken to your agent about getting a little bigger lot? They let us change lots even after we had signed the contract.
Old 04-23-2012, 07:00 PM
Veteran member
Default Bigger lot

The only bigger lots available was a golf course view.
Our agent showed us how she checked for lots for the Lantana.
They have an icon which brings up all the lots that a Lantana can fit.
It showed lots over $100 K except for one.

You can change your lot for no penalty except you have to build within 90 days.

So when we are close, then we can ask our agent if a larger lot at a reasonable price is available.
Old 04-23-2012, 07:02 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
The only bigger lots available was a golf course view.
Our agent showed us how she checked for lots for the Lantana.
They have an icon which brings up all the lots that a Lantana can fit.
It showed lots over $100 K except for one.

You can change your lot for no penalty except you have to build within 90 days.

So when we are close, then we can ask our agent if a larger lot at a reasonable price is available.
There will be so many new lots open soon. Get what you want in the size lot so you can build the Lantana the way you want it.
Old 04-23-2012, 07:07 PM
Veteran member
Default Lantana

GG
Our agent showed us lots for new locations that are not even online yet. ie adjacent to Bradenton Family rec center in Fernandina.
We committed so we're stuck until we are ready to build within 90 days.

I have a high tolerance for risk but we both did not want to chance what we found. We'll see.

Al
Old 04-23-2012, 09:10 PM
Sage

Our Lantana was built on a 70' x 110' lot.. We selected a 12x29' lanai and added a birdcage of 5' after market. We could have built a 10' deep birdcage and still met the setback requirements. We don't have the 2' extension to the house as it was not offered at the time.

The kitchen nook has the slider under roof. Is the depth of your lot the problem? Under 110'?
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.