Lately there have been LOTS of negative....

Closed Thread
Old 11-15-2010, 10:15 AM
Sage
Default Lately there have been LOTS of negative....

statements posted, poor drivers, cars and carts, poaching, wealth, business practices, speed traps...what about hearing some of the positive things that helped make our decisions to move here. How about posting some of the things that you like about living here in TV...

1. This time of year, the weather is wonderful.
2. The community is absolutely beautiful, all throughout
the year.
3. The people are friendly, caring and there when
needed.
4. Driving around in a golf cart is like having a convertible
5. Feel free to continue on....................

Last edited by pooh; 11-15-2010 at 01:28 PM.
Old 11-15-2010, 10:22 AM
Sage

We like the commonality. Seems like everyone is in TV for the same thing - to enjoy the community, environment, "atmosphere", fun, good times, etc. People are more known for the person they are and not for whatever job they hold/held. It's a rather different......and positive......feeling, at least from our viewpoint. Very refreshing.

Bill
Old 11-15-2010, 10:26 AM

I consider The Villages as one big health facility. It is such a pleasure to walk in sunshine by beautiful golf courses., manicured lawns, oak trees with Spanish moss. Did I mention the sunshine? People will look you in the eyes and not be afraid of conversation. Everybody is helpful when you need it.

Ya gotta luv it!!!
Old 11-15-2010, 10:56 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

I like the opportunity to learn here. I enjoy the art classes at the LifeLongLearning College and at the rec centers. Incredible talent teaching incredible talent. What a climate of inspiration!
Old 11-15-2010, 11:25 AM
Sage

Great posts thus far - let's hear more!

My take:

The ability to just get on my bike and travel in a safe environment!

The option to get into my golf cart and play 9 holes with three strangers at 7AM and then to not be surprised when I make a permanent friend of at least one of the three!

The chance to work at a beautiful new hospital (and another one on the way) and get there by bike or golf cart!

The choice to do nothing today or the opportunity to do it all!

Russ
Old 11-15-2010, 11:58 AM

How about all the free clubs, interest groups, cards, dominos, swimming pools, entertainment on the squares, billiards, aerobics? I could go on and one!!!!
Old 11-15-2010, 12:20 PM
Taltarzac

Great weather most of the year, have been able to see space shuttle and rocket launches, most of the Villagers seem to like dogs, very friendly people for the most part, safe places to walk dog at 10 p.m., well taken care of golf cart paths and other areas, etc.

Meet people from Mexico, the Philippines, Germany, England, and many other places at-- of all places-- a local private dog park.
Old 11-15-2010, 12:24 PM
Sage

I love the cleanliness and beauty. Driving through The Bubble in a Golf Cart ... priceless.
Old 11-15-2010, 12:32 PM
Platinum member
Send a message via Skype™ to SALYBOW
Default Here is a neat story of what happened to Little Gracie and I

My dog is named Gracie Girl also. One day, on the way back from the groomers, she decided she wanted to go for a walk. Since we had just taken her collar off to be groomed, her tags were off also. She left, on her own, as I was unloading the groceries. I was frantic and went calling around the neighborhood. I finally called Community Watch and they told me to call the radio station. When I did I was told that Reggie had my dog and she was in good shape. It seems that the three ambassordors at Bonita Pass saw her bouncing around the golf course and heading toward the pond. They caught her since we have two alligators in that pond. I finally hooked up with them with the help of the radio station. FYI, if you lose or find a pet call the radio station. The ambassodors had called right before I did and we were connected.
Needless to say, it was a tearful reunion. She has never strayed from my side before, and I didn't even know she liked golf.
Where else would a whole community pull together to reunite a girl and her dog

When God made me he said Ta Da!
Old 11-15-2010, 12:33 PM
Sage

I love that we esteem each other for our characters, not our resumes.

That we experience the birds and the bees and the flowers and the trees not from inside our hermetically sealed cars but as guests to the party, in our carts and bikes and walking shoes. It's a bit like the difference between seeing the POTUS on the tube or shaking his hand, isn't it?

That in TV one day can be rich and full and fresh, the next quiet and serene and that each day I can choose anew.

I love the golf and evenings on the squares. I love seeing the daily parade of golf carts on the side of the streets. I love the climate, the pristine air and grounds, the beauty, the beasts (wildlife) and the cool refreshing drink of many flavors.

Get me back to The Villages!
Old 11-15-2010, 12:34 PM
Bosoxfan

Everything thing here is done for the enjoyment & safety of the residents.From the beautiful landscaping to the abundance of activities & social gatherings.Where else can someone have some many choices on what to do with their day! If you choose to you can be very active (softball,pickle ball,walking,jogging,bike riding etc...)or you can sit on your lanai & do nothing.We leave the "bubble ' occasionally but by the end of our journey outside we can't wait to get back!! There was apost not long ago about how we villagers are insulated .It went something like this: The Village Folks Are insulated from High crime rates;

getting mugged while going for a walk in the evening, on your own street

...gloomy, depressing cloud cover for months

ice storms and deadly driving conditions

dirty, desolate urban areas

sitting in stopped traffic, taking an hour to go 3 miles

Insulated from unhappy people stuck in a rut, who don't have the nerve to take a chance and try something different!

I could list much more of what makes this place "paradise" but above all I think the friendly reception you get from almost everyone you meet.

Last edited by Bosoxfan; 11-15-2010 at 12:37 PM.
Old 11-15-2010, 12:35 PM
Default Bravo, Pooh!!

I agree with you completely!! Lately I've seen so much negativity that I wonder why some people came to TV at all!!

I love the beauty of all Villages, particularly ours in the Historic District!! Incredible people, great activities, pools, tennis courts, golf, bocci (sp?). It is such an incredible place to grow younger instead of older!!!

Just call me a cockeyed optimist, but I just cannot wait to become a FROG!!!
Old 11-15-2010, 12:36 PM
Default The good news is.....

THAT'S the way we two optimists would have titled this thread, with the utmost respect for the concept and initiative, for which we thank you too pooh!

We came for the ability to ride the bicycles and trikes in a safe

Linda is even getting a tad more tolerant of the political atmosphere

L and L

Still overworked in Rural Md......
......visiting our TV homes when possible
Old 11-15-2010, 01:00 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,167 Times in 439 Posts
Default Could not have said it better pTurner

But I must add, I LOVE my LaZamora Village friends BUT ALL the villages are filled with wonderful friends I can't WAIT to meet!!!!!

[QUOTE=Pturner;308434]I love that we esteem each other for our characters, not our resumes.

That we experience the birds and the bees and the flowers and the trees not from inside our hermetically sealed cars but as guests to the party, in our carts and bikes and walking shoes. It's a bit like the difference between seeing the POTUS on the tube or shaking his hand, isn't it?

That in TV one day can be rich and full and fresh, the next quiet and serene and that each day I can choose anew.

I love the golf and evenings on the squares. I love seeing the daily parade of golf carts on the side of the streets. I love the climate, the pristine air and grounds, the beauty, the beasts (wildlife) and the cool refreshing drink of many flavors.

Get me back to The Villages!
Old 11-15-2010, 01:28 PM
Gold member
Default Where Else Can you..?

This week I played golf and made Par on three holes (I'm sight impaired), we enjoyed a rousing party at FishHawk Rec center where our neighborhood welcomed 170 original and newbies" with food, fun, a DJ, dancing and door prizes Sat I met the President and can be seen at the end of the Fox News clip covering the event, we went with friends and enjoyed a sumptious meal, on Sunday we joined the fund raising golf cart parade, then onto our bowling league where we bowled our vest ever game, using our new bowling balls. All these things accomplished in beautiful weather, lovely surroundiings and smiling faces. Its Vacation every day

PS I did not get paid to print this!!!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.