Latest On IRS Bond Issue

Closed Thread
Old 12-17-2012, 02:28 PM
Email Reported As Spam
Default Taxiation without Represntation

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdV View Post
All 40,000 of them? Come on.

What transfer. Those two special districts belong to the developer and his family's real estate holdings, now and for the foreseeable future.

It means she continues to be confused about the bond on each residence and the ones issued to build the amenities that are part of two special districts. I’m telling you, the woman is clueless and quite frankly dangerous to the peace of mind of TV residents.

Well if you’re that bothered by this hanging over your head, why not make an appointment with your attorney and go over it with him/her as your legal expert. Better still, why not organize an interest group of twenty or so residents to kick in 100 bucks each and get a written opinion. Problem with that is that most people tend to have short arms and deep pockets and would rather whine about the problem and wait for someone else to take the lead.

Just saying.
1. It isn't 40,000 contracts, its one contract written 40, 000 times.

2. Its not the two special district I address but the transfer of the individual districts once they are finished being developed (ie. the basis for the bond dispute now underway,)

3. I can't address Lauren Ritchie's knowledge as respects this issue. I assume she is having discussions with the IRS?

4. Your suggestion that I hire a personal attorney was well a cheap shot since neither I or residents in general had no control or knowledge over this. You were well aware when you wrote this that my point was we (residents of The Villages) have no one to represent us in, otherwords Taxiation without Representation, if we did then The Villages government would have appointed an attorney to represent residents'interest.

I'm just saying!
Old 12-17-2012, 04:01 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon View Post
1. It isn't 40,000 contracts, its one contract written 40, 000 times.
Which the developer would have to break 40,000 times.

Quote:
2. Its not the two special district I address but the transfer of the individual districts once they are finished being developed (ie. the basis for the bond dispute now underway,)
The transfer of control of the boards of the individual numbered districts has absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with the IRS/bond dispute. Whatever gave you that idea?

Quote:
3. I can't address Lauren Ritchie's knowledge as respects this issue. I assume she is having discussions with the IRS?
Ms. Ritchie does not and never will be privy to IRS inside information. When the IRS needs to disclose information about a case they issue a public statement.

Quote:
4. Your suggestion that I hire a personal attorney was well a cheap shot since neither I or residents in general had no control or knowledge over this. You were well aware when you wrote this that my point was we (residents of The Villages) have no one to represent us in, otherwords Taxiation without Representation, if we did then The Villages government would have appointed an attorney to represent residents'interest.
In post #53 above, your opening paragraph complained that you and the other residents of TV had no legal expert to advise you of your potential financial exposure regarding this whole thing. Since when does suggesting that a person(s) seek legal advice on an issue become a cheap shot?
Old 12-17-2012, 04:10 PM
Sage
It's amazing that people will spend half a million dollars on a house, but don't want to spend a few thousand to have an expert investigate the IRS investigation. IMO, the documents on the CDD website are so confusing that only a trained professional can interpret them.
Old 12-17-2012, 04:35 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by janmcn View Post
It's amazing that people will spend half a million dollars on a house, but don't want to spend a few thousand to have an expert investigate the IRS investigation. IMO, the documents on the CDD website are so confusing that only a trained professional can interpret them.
Investigate what and then do what?
Old 12-17-2012, 04:43 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

///
Old 12-17-2012, 04:44 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickey100 View Post
You've made that abundantly clear. You have 12,518 posts on TOTV and the bulk of them are telling everyone how wonderful the Developer is along with "selling" The Villages.
So, what is wrong with that?
Old 12-17-2012, 05:03 PM
Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
Investigate what and then do what?
Investigate, interpret, advise.
Old 12-17-2012, 05:08 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickey100 View Post
You've made that abundantly clear. You have 12,518 posts on TOTV and the bulk of them are telling everyone how wonderful the Developer is along with "selling" The Villages.
Whoa, hold on there. Yes, Gracie may be an ardent supporter of TV but she certainly is not naïve enough to think that it is perfect for everyone. And she has made that clear numerous times in the past.

Last edited by TOTV Team; 12-17-2012 at 08:42 PM. Reason: Edited comment directed at user.
Old 12-17-2012, 05:22 PM
Sage

Quote:
EdV has already done that.
Old 12-17-2012, 05:27 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
That’s all well and good Jan, but only the IRS can truly investigate, only lawyers can truly interpret, and as far as advise goes...have you seen any logical advise here, except “wait and see”? Certainly, no advise is helpful until the investigation and interpretation is completed.

I’m all for “being informed” but I’ve read every article that I’ve found in newspapers and in POA bulletins and I think I’ve read just about every post on TOTV about the investigation. And I still don’t have much more than a very basic understanding about it. I learned about it before I ever moved here, and it concerned me a bit. Thankfully, it didn’t concern me enough to not buy here. Otherwise I would have missed out on the past two years and hopefully many future years of unbelievable happiness in TV.
Old 12-17-2012, 06:00 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Is EdV licensed to practice law in the state of Florida, and what does EdV say will be the resident's liability in this issue?
Strange question. Why would I advise Rubicon to get a lawyer if I was one? I and many other veteran TOTV members have been debating this for a couple of years now. Just use the search feature on this forum and you can see everything I have posted on this "IRS" subject.
Old 12-17-2012, 06:17 PM
Sage

Quote:
Is EdV licensed to practice law in the state of Florida, and what does EdV say will be the resident's liability in this issue?
Nah, my point was to investigate and investigation would be a waste of money even if you could get a lawyer that would even try. And at this point the most skilled lawyer would shy away of saying what the residents liability might be.
BTW Edv has posted some very good posts on this topic.............they would be worth your reading.
Old 12-17-2012, 07:29 PM
Sage

I stand behind and beside Gracie, and re-iterate that the developer has captured a piece of heaven. Neither of us works for or is associated with the developer. That being said, IMHO, the ones likely to suffer any consequences from an adverse opinion from the IRS, would be the ones who directly benefited from the tax-exempt status. I do believe, however, that the issue will never be resolved.
Old 12-17-2012, 08:06 PM
Gold member

Quote:
It's interesting that the forum's expert on the IRS VS The Villages case elects to live elsewhere. That's disconcerting at best.
Disconcerting. Really?

The only thing that separates Stonecrest from TV is a 3 foot high chain link fence. If the gloom and doom that some people fear would result from the IRS issue were to actually happen, it could affect me.

I enjoy all the wonderful public restaurants, retail stores , and medical facilities that this area provides. Anything that could have a negative effect on this would affect me.

And FWIW I'm no expert on the subject but I have followed it closely and tried to help members understand the issues.
Old 12-17-2012, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdV View Post
FWIW I'm no expert on the subject but I have followed it closely and tried to help members understand the issues.
Thank you EdV for being a voice of reason on the subject. Anyone who is losing sleep over the IRS debate should re-read all of your posts.

Last edited by bike42; 12-17-2012 at 08:18 PM. Reason: clarify
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.