Laundry tub, how important is it to YOU?

Closed Thread
Old 07-16-2012, 11:30 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joaniesmom View Post
Wert's a wert?

Anyway, maybe we should start a thread about all the uses for a laundry sink.

I scrub mine out real good, fill it with cold water, and immerse my Thanksgiving turkey to defrost it.
Actually, it's spelled wort but pronounced "wert". It's unfermented beer.
Old 07-16-2012, 01:37 PM

Mine, in Kennesaw,currently has 2 shipments of wine in it ... No need to unpackaged as we hope to move them to the TV real soon!
Old 07-16-2012, 03:52 PM
Location: Too many to mention, then Loveland, OH; Poinciana then Fernandina!

We didn't have a utility sink at all when we first moved into our resale - so after we mopped the floor there was no place to empty the bucket of dirty water but down the kitchen sink...we also have dogs and I didn't really like washing out their bowls in the kitchen sink either, so we added a sink to our garage and I am grateful every day it is there!
"Dogs come into our lives to teach us about love, they depart to teach us about loss. A new dog never replaces an old dog; it merely expands the heart. If you have loved many dogs your heart is very big " Erica Jong
Old 07-16-2012, 04:29 PM
Default Sink in Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee Quilter View Post
We are thinking tub in garage and wine ref in laundry room! Come on by!

During the design process of our Lily, we had the utility sink moved to the garage right outside of the door from the garage to the house. We had a utility closet built in the space. We ended up with a $65 credit. Nice closet for my upright vac, mops, ironing board, step stool and extra laundry hanging pole. The shelf at the top is great to store rags or really big bottles of Tide. I hung a bar across the back wall to hold the broom, mops etc. Hung an over the door hanger to hang a cloth bag which holds all my plastic bags from shopping. We put the wine/beverage center in the cafe/nook next to the pantry. I have the washer and dryer with the pedestals and I find the storage in the pedestals and the cabinets above the washer and dryer to be ample space for laundry stuff, light bulbs, batteries and vases and other stuff.
Fyi, I am 5/3 and can reach the stuff on the bottom shelf of the cabinets over the washer dryer, but must use a step stool for anything higher.
Old 07-16-2012, 04:29 PM
Default Vote for Sink in Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee Quilter View Post
We are thinking tub in garage and wine ref in laundry room! Come on by!

During the design process of our Lily, we had the utility sink moved to the garage right outside of the door from the garage to the house. We had a utility closet built in the space. We ended up with a $65 credit. Nice closet for my upright vac, mops, ironing board, step stool and extra laundry hanging pole. The shelf at the top is great to store rags or really big bottles of Tide. I hung a bar across the back wall to hold the broom, mops etc. Hung an over the door hanger to hang a cloth bag which holds all my plastic bags from shopping. We put the wine/beverage center in the cafe/nook next to the pantry. I have the washer and dryer with the pedestals and I find the storage in the pedestals and the cabinets above the washer and dryer to be ample space for laundry stuff, light bulbs, batteries and vases and other stuff.
Fyi, I am 5/3 and can reach the stuff on the bottom shelf of the cabinets over the washer dryer, but must use a step stool for anything higher.
Old 07-16-2012, 06:01 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC and John View Post
During the design process of our Lily, we had the utility sink moved to the garage right outside of the door from the garage to the house. We had a utility closet built in the space. We ended up with a $65 credit.
How did that get you a credit?
Old 07-16-2012, 06:12 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbo2012 View Post
How did that get you a credit?
My Design Team Meeting was February 28th, 29th and March 3rd of this year. The price of the storage cabinet was less than the laundry sink. They didn't give me a credit. The price of my home was lowered by the difference in the price.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.