Lawn ornament trolls

Closed Thread
Old 02-08-2019, 08:11 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,782 Times in 3,648 Posts

Sometimes I just stand very, very still in my neighbor's yard to see if I get reported.
Old 02-08-2019, 09:09 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,480 Times in 713 Posts

Interesting lawn sculpture dilemma. Wonder how it turned out.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/dinosaurs-...ry?id=33330576The Villages Florida

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
Old 02-08-2019, 09:16 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,310 Times in 824 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
Where is a good place to buy lawn ornaments?
From your neighbor after you blow them in.
Old 02-08-2019, 09:21 AM

Comply and quit wasting our time...
Old 02-08-2019, 09:39 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,751 Times in 1,386 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gqd7806 View Post
Comply and quit wasting our time...
We must be...haven't heard anything......
Old 02-08-2019, 09:46 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Chelly, by no means did I mean to disrespect your views but only to correct a very common rumor. You can remain anonymous if you report someone who you think has ignored the deed restrictions.

FW...I do not mean to disrespect you either, but....Tattletale? Whistleblower? Some lawn ornamentation is not pleasing to many people. And some is just plain trashy.

I think some people don't notice lawn ornamentation, and some do. I love the whole "look" of The Villages. I like when you drive down a street here, you see miles and miles of well kept homes and lawns.
Gracie girl i took no offence we all have our opinions.
I just wanted everyone to know some people give their names and the practice of the villages is to give there name to the person that got complained against, which i am not sure that is a good idea. the first time someone retaliates against the complainant violently there will be a lawsuits.
Just fyi.
Stay well Everyone.
P.S. we all read the restrictions hopefully before we built, but no one can be prepared for the nonsense that goes along with it.
Old 02-08-2019, 04:08 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chellybean View Post
Gracie girl i took no offence we all have our opinions.
I just wanted everyone to know some people give their names and the practice of the villages is to give there name to the person that got complained against, which i am not sure that is a good idea. the first time someone retaliates against the complainant violently there will be a lawsuits.
Just fyi.
Stay well Everyone.
P.S. we all read the restrictions hopefully before we built, but no one can be prepared for the nonsense that goes along with it.
Don't understand nonsense comment. Person buys property knowing existing restrictions. If they don't it is ,by definition, their fault, as they are of public record. Someone alerts enforcement authority of a possible violation. Authority investigates and if appropriate begins action to eliminate violation. What is the nonsense?
Old 02-08-2019, 07:27 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,682 Times in 632 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chellybean View Post
The easiest way to "be prepared for the nonsense" is to follow the rules.
Old 02-08-2019, 08:26 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,668 Times in 529 Posts

My God! 18 pages?
Steve
Old 02-08-2019, 09:07 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,533 Times in 3,113 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NatureBoy View Post
On the point that "it hurts nobody; if the neighbors are happy, keep your nose out of our business":

People tour the Villages, they visit exploring places to live. If they see various lawn ornaments - or whatever other things that violate the deed restrictions - they will think they can have a house that looks like that. Then they buy and discover they really can't have/do whatever. Now they are grumpy customers/residents. That hurts The Villages' image.

And as has also been pointed out, selective enforcement becomes a weapon that can be used against "undesirables". That sets up an environment of mob rule, not rule of law.

There's a quote out there somewhere that I couldn't find that essentially says: ignoring one law weakens respect for all laws.

So if the lawn ornament rule is so widely ignored & unenforced, it probably ought to be modified. But I doubt it will be. The books have many laws that get selectively enforced, they are political weapons at the ready. Many people like it that way.
If they see lawn ornaments they might be seeing them in areas of the Villages that ALLOW them. Some areas do allow them afterall. Also as I've said, there's been lawn ornaments in spots throughout the Villages, in areas that don't allow them. And - those are actually homes for sale, on the official Villages Homefinder page. So even The Villages, corporation, has no problem with these decorative touches and uses them to sell homes on their website.

This is why it's a problem. The restrictions aren't the same from one section to the next, and even the restrictions in one spot, aren't enforced universally within that section. It's only enforced if someone complains. If no one is complaining, AND if no one is enforcing the rule even without a complaint, then the rule is no longer valid and should be replaced or reworded.

It seems pretty clear to me, based on this one thread alone, that the current deed restrictions would benefit from revisiting by the boards of whatever is in charge of making them.
Old 02-08-2019, 10:10 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazuela View Post
It's only enforced if someone complains.
And if everyone followed the deed restrictions, complaining would be unnecessary.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally Posted by Chellybean

Response posted by VApeople
The easiest way to "be prepared for the nonsense" is to follow the rules.

Last edited by Barefoot; 02-08-2019 at 10:17 PM.
Old 02-09-2019, 06:55 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,343 Times in 519 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fw102807 View Post
I have no problem with the restrictions. I have a problem with how they are enforced.

That's what they say about ICE
Old 02-09-2019, 07:29 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,508 Times in 1,908 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazuela View Post
If they see lawn ornaments they might be seeing them in areas of the Villages that ALLOW them. Some areas do allow them afterall. Also as I've said, there's been lawn ornaments in spots throughout the Villages, in areas that don't allow them. And - those are actually homes for sale, on the official Villages Homefinder page. So even The Villages, corporation, has no problem with these decorative touches and uses them to sell homes on their website.

This is why it's a problem. The restrictions aren't the same from one section to the next, and even the restrictions in one spot, aren't enforced universally within that section. It's only enforced if someone complains. If no one is complaining, AND if no one is enforcing the rule even without a complaint, then the rule is no longer valid and should be replaced or reworded.

It seems pretty clear to me, based on this one thread alone, that the current deed restrictions would benefit from revisiting by the boards of whatever is in charge of making them.
There are few restrictions about lawn art in the beginning three areas; Country Club Hills, Silver Lake and Orange Blossom Gardens. Those are the three Villages Northeast of 441/27.

In the others Deed restrictions are on. You cannot place a for sale sign or a political sign in your yard etc.

It is pretty clear to most of us who live here that we are happy with the deed restrictions the way they are. If you should choose to buy here it is a good idea to go to the free workshop to explain just how a CDD works.
Old 02-09-2019, 08:03 AM
Veteran member

And everyone lived happily ever after. The society was perfect and no one ever questioned the system they lived under. Everything ran smoothly and nothing was ever changed.
Old 02-09-2019, 08:23 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,508 Times in 1,908 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happydaz View Post
And everyone lived happily ever after. The society was perfect and no one ever questioned the system they lived under. Everything ran smoothly and nothing was ever changed.
I think there are good reasons to effect change in Orlando, but not here. Not all change is good. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. Here take a golf cart ride around this paradise;

youtube. golf cart ride in the villages, florida - Bing video

Tags
restrictions, eves, deed, district, trolls

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.