lawn signs

Closed Thread
Old 03-19-2014, 09:35 AM
Default lawn signs

One of the reasons I moved here is that I so much disliked the yard/lawn signs plastered over our old neighborhoods and TV was devoid of all this cluter. I just noticed two FSBO home For Sale signs in Gilchrist - is that allowed per TV ordinances? I understand about contractor signs which come down after a few days.
Old 03-19-2014, 09:44 AM
Veteran member

You can find the deed restrictions using the link below. Most of the newer areas can have a 12"x12" sign in the window.
VCDD Deed Compliance - Sumter County
Old 03-19-2014, 11:24 AM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

Simple answer, no. (Signs in windows are allowed.) Many do put put out signs when they're having an open house and those seem to be okay even if not in covenants, so long as they're removed the same day. However, some will place signs as long as they can and those will stay until you complain.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 03-19-2014, 04:19 PM
Veteran member

In newer neighborhoods you see a lot of 14 inch by 14 inch signs permanently placed in shrub borders that advertise for Deans and Zoysia Green lawn service companies. These companies give discounts off their yearly service if homeowners agree to have an advertising sign in their yard. My neighbor told me he got a 10 percent discount for displaying a Deans sign in his yard. You see many of them south of 466A in newer neighborhoods as newcomers are signing lawn care contracts when they move in. These signs must be allowed as some of them have been up for over a year in Pinellas. I also see them in the new Lake Deaton area. I know you can't have large landscaper signs up as Home Watch asked me to take mine down even though it was up for only a week. These smaller lawn company advertising signs must be OK as they are all over the place. They have nothing to do with a pesticide treatment warning. These are permanent signs.
Old 03-19-2014, 04:38 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happydaz View Post
In newer neighborhoods you see a lot of 14 inch by 14 inch signs permanently placed in shrub borders that advertise for Deans and Zoysia Green lawn service companies. These companies give discounts off their yearly service if homeowners agree to have an advertising sign in their yard. My neighbor told me he got a 10 percent discount for displaying a Deans sign in his yard. You see many of them south of 466A in newer neighborhoods as newcomers are signing lawn care contracts when they move in. These signs must be allowed as some of them have been up for over a year in Pinellas. I also see them in the new Lake Deaton area. I know you can't have large landscaper signs up as Home Watch asked me to take mine down even though it was up for only a week. These smaller lawn company advertising signs must be OK as they are all over the place. They have nothing to do with a pesticide treatment warning. These are permanent signs.
I think such an agreement with a company is rude and defies the rules, and the neighbor who agrees to do it is enabling it.

Their big trucks, trailers and mechanical equipment parked in front of the houses for hours and days, while doing a job, is more than enough advertising.

The way they park and sometimes clog up the narrow streets tells us whether to hire them or not.

The next best way to know whether to hire them is to watch and see how often they show up while the snowbird homeowner is gone for the season. Then see if they actually mow or trim or whatever is contracted, or if they sit in the truck on the phone and write up an invoice for "work done"....without even getting out of the truck.
Old 03-19-2014, 05:22 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,461 Times in 2,436 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happydaz View Post
This is the place to call, this is a deed restriction violation.
Community Standards
Phone: 352-751-3912
Old 03-20-2014, 07:33 PM
Default Deed restriction violation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
This is the place to call, this is a deed restriction violation.
Community Standards
Phone: 352-751-3912
Some people say that "they don't like to complain", but Village residents need to understand that the enforcement of the rules by the Community Standards department is complaint driven. Simply put, if no one complains, our deed restrictions will not be enforced.
Old 03-20-2014, 07:54 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,943 Times in 796 Posts

These permanent signs sound like something that should be stopped pronto. Call the number Bogie gave, and keep calling, and get the neighbors to call. How trashy that must look.
Old 03-20-2014, 09:35 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
These permanent signs sound like something that should be stopped pronto. Call the number Bogie gave, and keep calling, and get the neighbors to call. How trashy that must look.
Speaking of "trashy" signs,
I find the ones that the lawn service people leave in the grass,
at the end of driveways are an eyesore.

While I realize that it's their form of free advertising,
homeowners seem to leave the signs in until they either blow away or are run over.
They only need to be there when the grass is still wet from whatever it is that they sprayed -- maybe an hour??!?

Homeowners: Please remove them!

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.