Layoffs Starting

Old 05-17-2024, 07:58 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PugMom View Post
my daughter found RL box mixes @ the grocery store, can't remember if it was publix or wynn-dixie
Always at Wal-Mart....imo, nothing like in store. Probably the only thing I liked there! Kinda like the ppl that go to Olive Garden just for salad/breadsticks!
Old 05-17-2024, 08:04 AM
Sage
Thanked 14,290 Times in 5,456 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shipping up to Boston View Post
Always at Wal-Mart....imo, nothing like in store. Probably the only thing I liked there! Kinda like the ppl that go to Olive Garden just for salad/breadsticks!
Olive garden soup is good. love the soup salad combo
Old 05-18-2024, 04:09 AM
Veteran member

Attachment 104156
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoRedSox! View Post
There is very little objective economic information to support this statement.

The stock market, all three indices, is at an all-time high. Corporate profits in the aggregate are the highest they have been for years. How can this happen in a terrible economy?

It is a fact that the unemployment rate has been under 4% for the most consecutive months in history. This is not indicative of a terrible economy. There are millions more job openings than unemployed workers. The employees of any restaurant that goes out of business will have no trouble finding new work in the restaurant industry as there has been a shortage of workers. McDonald's was selling for about $175 a share right before the pandemic struck. Today, it sells for about $273 a share.

The CEO's of both Costco and Walmart said that their grocery prices are lower than they were 1 year ago.

This is not spin. It's all factual data. There certainly is challenges in the economy, it's not perfect. If you need a mortgage, no one wants to pay close to 7% interest. But it is absolutely true that our economy is the best in the world. It's not terrible. It's been so much worse so many times in my life.
The U.S. national debt is rising by $1 trillion about every 100 days.

This is an economy on crack. Both parties are complicit but obviously one is more so than the other.

CNBCAccess Denied

It is not only the politicians fault but ours as well. We all know how this will end but the voters don't care. If you are complaining about Medicare now, just wait.

I wonder what happened in 2023?
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	us debt.png
Views:	60
Size:	28.0 KB
ID:	104157  

Last edited by ithos; 05-18-2024 at 04:17 AM. Reason: add gif
Old 05-18-2024, 07:47 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,682 Times in 3,172 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shipping up to Boston View Post
Maybe he meant the $18 Big Macs in Connecticut or large scale ground beef recalls at WalMart....thats always an igniter of stock activity
I'm looking at my McDonald's app and just switched the location to North Haven, CT on Washington Ave (a few blocks away from where I used to live). A Big Mac is regularly priced at $6.59, a meal with medium fry and soda is $11.69. If you have the app you can select a Big Mac at the regular price and a second one for only 29 cents.

I checked the Norwalk, CT McDonald's location and it's a dollar cheaper, at $5.59.

Here in Summerfield, on 441, it's $5.69.

It's still more than I'd want to pay for a substandard burger on an air-infused bun, but hubby like it, so I usually get the WAY overpriced 1.5-ounce fish sandwich that comes with only 1/3 of a slice of cheese, and steal a bunch of his fries from his box. Then I have a salad an hour later from the fridge.

Long, long gone are the days of 50-cent cheeseburgers and $1.29 for a 3-oz Fishwich.

Tags
layoffs, starting, red, lobster, closed

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.