The least desirable areas in The Villages

Closed Thread
Old 10-01-2020, 10:28 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,513 Times in 3,106 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
OR. The least desirable areas are written about by people who do not live here, some who live nearby and don't like us, or who by those who are promoting other areas, or are just plain envious of those living in this wonderful place that even in lockdown is beautiful and wonderful.
Well sure, there's probably some of that too. But most of THOSE people wouldn't be active members of ToTV.

Meanwhile, back in the thread, most of us who have posted, live here either part or full time. Some of us know exactly what the poster is talking about with regards to the dog park, but have an actual explanation for why it appears as it does (the grass won't grow in the shade of the tree canopy overhead).

And most of us have expressed our preferences - showing that we do in fact live here, and are not envious of anything, and aren't promoting other places. However, most people don't spend their time with rose-colored contact lenses glued to our eyeballs.
Old 10-01-2020, 11:56 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,707 Times in 557 Posts

Both this one and the "most desirable area to live" threads have been interesting and informative for us.
Old 10-02-2020, 06:33 AM

How is this question any different than anyone of us have asked ourselves when renting or buying a home during our lifetime?
Old 10-02-2020, 07:15 AM

That's a clown question, bro.
Old 10-02-2020, 07:34 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
Well sure, there's probably some of that too. But most of THOSE people wouldn't be active members of ToTV.

Meanwhile, back in the thread, most of us who have posted, live here either part or full time. Some of us know exactly what the poster is talking about with regards to the dog park, but have an actual explanation for why it appears as it does (the grass won't grow in the shade of the tree canopy overhead).

And most of us have expressed our preferences - showing that we do in fact live here, and are not envious of anything, and aren't promoting other places. However, most people don't spend their time with rose-colored contact lenses glued to our eyeballs.
Don't talk like that to me or I will tell my mother and she is a lady wrestler.

Last edited by graciegirl; 10-02-2020 at 08:33 AM.
Old 10-02-2020, 12:54 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,682 Times in 632 Posts

You gotta decide for yourself what makes an area undesirable.

To me, it would be very undesirable to live someplace where I had to turn left on a 4-lane road without a traffic light just to get out. There many areas in The Villages like that and I would hate to live in one.

In Osceola Hills, we leave at a roundabout where it is easy to go left or right.
Old 10-02-2020, 02:00 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to eweissenbach

IMHO there are no “undesirable” neighborhoods in TV. There are many diverse areas that will appeal to different people’s needs, desires, and finances. Look around, hopefully you’ll find the one that is most desirable for you!
Old 10-02-2020, 02:47 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,513 Times in 3,106 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by VApeople View Post
You gotta decide for yourself what makes an area undesirable.

To me, it would be very undesirable to live someplace where I had to turn left on a 4-lane road without a traffic light just to get out. There many areas in The Villages like that and I would hate to live in one.

In Osceola Hills, we leave at a roundabout where it is easy to go left or right.
That's an actual fair point. It's true, having to wait for the trip to activate before being able to take a left can be annoying. Especially if you have ice cream melting in the car, and you get to the light RIGHT after it turned red - and the trip activator hasn't reset and therefore doesn't know you're there.

I've had to wait two cycles of the light changes before the left turn light finally engaged. And one time, I waited for a fourth one - and it never came, so I said to hell with it and made the left turn illegally. It was obviously not working correctly.
Old 10-02-2020, 06:01 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

On a golf course about 180 to 200 yards from the tee on the right hand side.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 10-03-2020, 05:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FG111 View Post
Greetings-
The other day I asked about which areas here in The Villages where considered the most exclusive / desirable areas in The Villages and I received many positive responses.

I'm also interested in learning about the least desirable areas in The Villages.

I "personally" was not impressed with the dog park near Spanish Springs. It appeared neglected and most of the grass in the dog-park playing area is gone and only dirt remains which makes it a terrible area especially when the dirt turns to mud after a heavy rain. Not sure why The Villages cant spent a few bucks and re-sod and clean the area.

Any suggestions appreciated.
Repulsive!
Old 10-03-2020, 05:16 AM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoMar View Post
The most desirable is where you live, the most undesirable is where everyone else lives
Sort of like grandchildren?
Old 10-03-2020, 05:47 AM
Sage
Thanked 7,371 Times in 2,517 Posts

Wife and I have overwintered in TV for past 20+ years.
Never been in a 'bad area' as the standards are uniform, high and in 99.9% cases, well upheld
A few observations on where we would not buy are:
Backing on a golf course. Early morning mowing noise.
On a through route, cars or golf cart. Too much traffic. A cul de sac location is best.
Anywhere with vacant land adjoining. Development is innevitable.
Near the railway line.
Near the school.
Next door to us. Miserable old git insitu!!
Closed Thread

Tags
villages, areas, area, desirable, dirt

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.