Leaving or Staying in TV

Closed Thread
Old 07-09-2018, 07:58 AM
theruizs

No real reason to leave, but I do agree it is getting too big. When we moved here six years ago the TV Sales rep told us TV would be done building in abt five years. That is one of the reasons we decided to buy. Six years later and they are not even close to build out and I doubt if they ever will be while I’m still alive. That said, TV has all of the amenities and activities it does because of its size and I wouldn’t want to change that.
Old 07-09-2018, 08:55 AM

It is getting too big but there are soooo many activities to keep me busy and happy!
Old 07-09-2018, 09:34 AM

Ditto to all the good stuff
Old 07-09-2018, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioBuckeye View Post
Reasons I've heard for people leaving: Getting to big, Going back to there old job
I have no experience with this so I find it interesting as it's been mentioned a few times. Can people generally just go back to an old job? Like you can quit, move cross country and then decide to go back and bam, sure, you can work here again.

What happens to the person who was hired to replace you? Or getting over how you quit one time already etc??

Not the company I worked for.....When it was over, it was over.
Old 07-09-2018, 10:10 AM

I can’t wait to be living the good life in The Villages. Grandkids can come visit. I cannot stay home and be bored to wait for children just to visit me. Let them visit me in The Villages where I can be happy also.
Old 07-09-2018, 10:20 AM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to eweissenbach

"It's too big" Every area is virtually self-contained and provides shopping, entertainment, golf, recreation, medical etc. No need to go anywhere else unless you want to - for example, I couldn't care less about the happenings in Fenny, Del Mar, or Springdale - doesn't affect me.

"Traffic is too congested" Again, see above! I have to question whether anyone suggesting this has ever driven in, or close to, a major metropolitan area.

"They told us 'build out' would be years ago" I, for one, never believed that an entity with the obviously fabulously successful formula they had, with the resources they possessed, would simply walk away. There may be a build out at some point but not as long as contiguous land is available.

"Have to get back to grandkids" Can't argue with that one.

Everybody has their own needs, desires, and preferences and TV, like anywhere else, doesn't answer everyone's idea of perfection. If you think it's too big, too congested, or just not your cup o tea, that is a legitimate reason to not come, or to leave -for you. Just know that there are a ton of people who are anxious to overlook those issues and move, or stay, here.
Old 07-09-2018, 10:30 AM
Send a message via Skype™ to Matzy

Reason for leaving: Leaving just for a certain time to travel around the world. Not getting too big because my home does not expand, I'm
living in my house. All others are outside, and as bigger it gets as more you can learn and discover.
Reason for staying: What could be better - I am the creator of my own daily life and when I have the condition(s) which I like to have I
enjoy my life. It is always on each person HOW to live, and everybody can make it as perfect as possible. I do my best.
Old 07-09-2018, 11:03 AM
Default Stay

Been here 17 years still love it, no place like it anywhere. Bigger just means better. Stay in your part of the villages and enjoy everything you know and love or go explore the new sections. It's up to you, more options to have fun. Kids want me to move back home since their dad died, I visit but stay here because I love it here. If you're happy, stay here, if not, you never will be happy here, so go.
Old 07-09-2018, 12:40 PM
Gold member

Hit the jackpot finding this place!
Old 07-09-2018, 01:41 PM
Sage

If we could handle a boat again--we would really think about moving aboard--living on a boat was magical-- this is OK
Old 07-09-2018, 01:54 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatbrat View Post
If we could handle a boat again--we would really think about moving aboard--living on a boat was magical-- this is OK

You don’t have to leave the dock. Go for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-09-2018, 02:33 PM

Makes sense to me
No one is moving here because it's getting too crowded????
Old 07-09-2018, 02:56 PM
Sage

Being on a boat at a dock is like jail--time--unless you're moving and experiencing something new every day--its not boating--the sense of adventure & accomplishment is beyond compare--the most amazing thing is we followed the paths of giants--who did it without GPS,Rader depth finders & communications
Old 07-09-2018, 03:26 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemalloy View Post
Makes sense to me

No one is moving here because it's getting too crowded????

Kinda like, you can’t get to there from here.

Old 07-09-2018, 03:41 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatbrat View Post
Being on a boat at a dock is like jail--time--unless you're moving and experiencing something new every day--its not boating--the sense of adventure & accomplishment is beyond compare--the most amazing thing is we followed the paths of giants--who did it without GPS,Rader depth finders & communications

Obviously you didn’t follow too close.

Closed Thread

Tags
reason, leaving, staying, duplicate, add

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.