When is the vaccine coming to the Villages?

Closed Thread
Old 12-21-2020, 09:52 AM
Veteran member
Default When is the vaccine coming to the Villages?

I noticed on the Florida government page tracking vaccines that 49 vaccines were given in Sumter County last week. I also noticed this week, in the list of hospitals getting the shipment of Moderna vaccines, UF Leesburg and Shands were on the list, but The Villages hospital was not.

Has anyone heard when our medical personnel here in the Villages will be getting vaccinated?
Old 12-21-2020, 02:17 PM
Sage
Thanked 14,050 Times in 5,337 Posts

Our primary care physician got hers last Friday at the Village hospital
Old 12-21-2020, 05:34 PM
Sage

I would guess that's a rhetorical question since this is a social media/conversation site. IF you would want to know---maybe call your clinic and they can give you some sort of diffiniative answer. Also, I'd venture our local paper will have something in it telling folks about it.
Old 12-21-2020, 05:51 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,477 Times in 548 Posts

I am not expecting anything for at least a few months. I saw my doctor last Friday, and he hadn’t heard anything yet.
Old 12-22-2020, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by charmed59 View Post
I noticed on the Florida government page tracking vaccines that 49 vaccines were given in Sumter County last week. I also noticed this week, in the list of hospitals getting the shipment of Moderna vaccines, UF Leesburg and Shands were on the list, but The Villages hospital was not.

Has anyone heard when our medical personnel here in the Villages will be getting vaccinated?
I saw the Villages was getting the Moderna on the first 179 hospitals they are shipping. It was listed under specialty hospital
Old 12-22-2020, 01:04 PM

Do you mean the villages hospital?
Old 12-22-2020, 02:11 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,085 Times in 2,746 Posts

I had my annual physical with my primary care provider today. She told me even the primary care physicians don’t yet know when they will get vaccinated since the anticipated shipments have been much less than originally anticipated. She told me she has no idea when the general population will finally get the shots. Since my wife and I are still under 65, and not front line workers, we fall into the general population category. Her best guess of when our turn will come would be June or July. At this point, nobody really knows?
Old 12-22-2020, 02:17 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,480 Times in 713 Posts

The Moderna vaccine does not need the ultra freeze requirement that the Pfizer vaccine requires. And it can be shipped in smaller quantities. So I guess that's what we'll get. Both are like Coke and Pepsi. Remember that the second shot has to be from the same manufacturer as the first.
Old 12-22-2020, 02:31 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,085 Times in 2,746 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi-Town View Post
The Moderna vaccine does not need the ultra freeze requirement that the Pfizer vaccine requires. And it can be shipped in smaller quantities. So I guess that's what we'll get. Both are like Coke and Pepsi. Remember that the second shot has to be from the same manufacturer as the first.
The Moderna vaccine will be a priority for more rural areas that do not have the necessary facilities and equipment to keep the Pfizer vaccine at the required storage temperature. I am kind of scratching my head trying to figure out how two vacancies with substantially the same effectiveness have such different storage requirements?
Old 12-22-2020, 08:19 PM
John41

Quote:

According to Governor DeSantis the vaccine will be available to the 1b group beginning in January, 2021. As far as I know you don't have to get it where you live, so you could go anywhere in Florida.
Old 12-23-2020, 08:02 AM

Quote:

Not any medical personnel but the unmentionable news source ("rag" according to some) had pics yesterday of several District supervisors/PWAC people getting them. I guess its who you know!
Old 12-23-2020, 09:00 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thumbs down Outrages

It s OUTRAGES that among the first in The Villages to get the vaccine were some political hacks, friends and appointments of the Developer and Family This while the medical workers and those on the list of high risk go without. If this does not anger you then you have become numb to the abuses going on around you! We have a son who is with a high risk medical rehab and must wear masks, robes, eye protection and tested each week while these abusive bu%$ who have no feelings jump to the front of the line and to hell with those who really need the vaccine. Please don't give me any excuses for these people. In the rehab there have been approximately 5 struck with the terrible Virus while the other's live in the fear of being the next and yet continue to treat the patients who are terribly ill. This while these hacks are jumping in front of line and without regards to others. It is truly OUTRAGES.
Old 12-23-2020, 09:38 AM
Sage

The PBS News Hour last evening had a very short clip of the governor observing some "elderly" people in The Villages getting the vaccine. I thought they looked too young and strong to be pointed out as old. I'm disappointed that essential workers will not be given more consideration.
Old 12-23-2020, 10:50 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,254 Times in 425 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HIgolfers View Post
Not any medical personnel but the unmentionable news source ("rag" according to some) had pics yesterday of several District supervisors/PWAC people getting them. I guess its who you know!
This doesn't surprise me at all.
Old 12-23-2020, 03:39 PM

Theses are a few of the "Seniors" that received the vaccine during Desantis' visit:
Steve Printz, who voters recently ousted from the Sumter County Commission;
Diane Spencer, a director on the North Sumter County Utility Dependent District Board;
Peter Moeller, chairman of the Project Wide Advisory Committee and a Community Development District 6 supervisor;
Rich Cole, a Republican Party leader and head of The Villages Amputee Support group; and
Doug Tharp, who serves on the Village Center Community Development District Board of Supervisors and is a former president of The Villages Homeowners Association.
I wish they had offered open signups for the vaccine or at least tell us how to get in the line.

Tags
vaccines, villages, list, week, noticed

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.