Water Bill and Sewer Bill

Closed Thread
Old 06-27-2017, 09:57 PM
Default Water Bill and Sewer Bill

Hi all, can someone tell me how often you have to pay the water and sewer bill? How expensive is it? Is it higher in different villages?? I was reading something and it says it is about $235.00 a month?

Thanks!
Old 06-28-2017, 03:15 AM
Veteran member
Location: Reading, Pa, The Villages, Reading, Pa, The Villages until the end.

Water / Sewer are billed as part of monthly Amenity fee ($150.00), & Trash ($17.90).
Old 06-28-2017, 03:41 AM
Email Reported As Spam

The only charges on that monthly bill that have not increased in the 11 years that I lived here is the cost for trash.

My observation is that while the amenity fees continue to increase so does the population and hence an increase on competing demands for tee times, court times, etc. (ie less bang for your buck)
Old 06-28-2017, 05:53 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,742 Times in 703 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackSheep View Post
Hi all, can someone tell me how often you have to pay the water and sewer bill? How expensive is it? Is it higher in different villages?? I was reading something and it says it is about $235.00 a month?

Thanks!
You pay them monthly. The cost will vary, depending on your water usage, of course. The size of your lot also becomes a factor, when it comes to irrigation, if you have a pool, etc.
Old 06-28-2017, 06:04 AM

The monthly water/sewer bill includes potable water for the house, non-potable water for irrigation and the sewer bill. Irrigation usage depends on the size of the lot and the settings on the irrigation control. The outside water spigots also are potable water same as inside the house.

The bill comes monthly along with the amenity fee (around $150) and trash pick-up ($17.90). Our total monthly CSU bill runs $250-260 for our designer with an average size lot.
Old 06-28-2017, 06:46 AM

Thank you all! I am looking at a house in Osceola Hills, a designer for around $265,000 We live in RI right now and our condo is up for sale as we are trying to get to TV. Are there lots of fees? Some people have told us different things and I have asked my real estate agent and other real estate agents and they all say something different lol. I'm not sure what to expect for monthly bills, so a rough idea for electric, gas, water/sewer, amenity fee, trash pick-up is ???????? Grass and Pest control you pay separate???

Thank you so much!
Old 06-28-2017, 07:06 AM
Sage
Thanked 12,914 Times in 4,142 Posts

Quote:
Thank you all! I am looking at a house in Osceola Hills, a designer for around $265,000 We live in RI right now and our condo is up for sale as we are trying to get to TV. Are there lots of fees? Some people have told us different things and I have asked my real estate agent and other real estate agents and they all say something different lol. I'm not sure what to expect for monthly bills, so a rough idea for electric, gas, water/sewer, amenity fee, trash pick-up is ???????? Grass and Pest control you pay separate???

Thank you so much!
First of all, compared to RI, I think you will find it much cheaper here. I own a designer on an average lot and here's an approximation of fees:

Amenity fee: $150
Average water/irrigation/sewer $ 77
Trash $ 18
Electric (we use a lot) average $ 190

Taxes:
Sumter Co. millage rate for county/school/fire
is 11.70, so on $265K that's $3100/year. Lake Co. may be different
Our Villages fire dept. tax is $83/year
Bond---varies by Village and unit, as does the interest rate if you don't pay it off---check with realtor or county assessor
Homeowner's insurance will probably be about 6-700/year, probably only need flood insurance for peace of mind
Make sure your homeowners policy has sinkhole coverage---not just the catastrophic kind. Yes, there's a 10% deductible, but better than getting the whole bill
Golf cart insurance is about $110/year
Nothing else comes to mind at this time
Old 06-28-2017, 07:28 AM

Thank you all soooo much. Your answers are so helpful while I am trying to make my decisions it gets confusing. Could you tell me what CSU stands for?
Old 06-28-2017, 07:37 AM

Here's an estimate of our utilities and other expenses that I think you may be interested in. Except for the utilities you have options and can select providers that may be higher or lower.

$260 - Amenities, water, irrigation, sewer, sanitization
$180 - Cable, internet, home phone bundle
$125 - Electricity (actual bills ranged from $92 - $172)
$50 - Monthly lawn mowing
$615 - Paid annually for bi-monthly lawn and pest treatment
$150 - Annual termite treatment
$430 - Annual flood insurance
$732 - Annual Maintenance (on tax bill)
$81 - Annual Fire Department (on tax bill)
Gas is not available in our area.

Of course your property taxes and home owners insurance are dependent on your home value.

Every new house has a bond that can be paid (with interest) with their property taxes. Ours was approximately $22K. Interest rate was 5.5% so we elected to pay it off rather than pay the interest. This saves you money if you don't plan to sell your house, but if there's any chance you will want to sell, this may not be a good idea. Most people don't pay it off for that reason. The interest is not tax deductible.

Hope this helps. I remember trying to plan a budget before moving. Hard to compare when moving to a new area. Because we down sized so much our utilities were considerably lower automatically.
Old 06-28-2017, 07:38 AM
Veteran member
Location: The Villages - Formerly Atlanta Endicott and Syracuse NY

Outside yard maintenance - separate or bundled services to include: grass cutting, weed treatment, weed pulling, hedge trimming, termite treatment, .. these blogs are filled with praises and complaints from the myriad of services different companies provide .. and whether oyu need termite protection on block houses etc .. but unless you plan on doing all this yourself, the combination can easily run 1500-2000 per year. I originally believed the under 100 / month water bill, but after my grass started looking like Arizona, now have budgeted in the 125-200 range for the dry season .. and of course, you need some version of cable and internet, which also has ongoing debates on who to select and not select ..
Old 06-28-2017, 09:55 AM
Soaring Eagle member

You may also have a bond and if you do their is annual charges for maintenance of the items the bond was used for. The maintenance goes on even after the bond is paid.
Old 06-28-2017, 10:02 AM

Oh Wow, you all have been so helpful!! Thank you so much!! Just trying to get ideas before moving. Our condo is up for sale now so as soon as it sells we will there in TV!! Hey, here is another question for you all, do you have lots of snakes there?? lol I know it sounds crazy but I DO NOT like snakes lol I was reading that you have black racers, YIKES!!
Old 06-28-2017, 10:19 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Oh Wow, you all have been so helpful!! Thank you so much!! Just trying to get ideas before moving. Our condo is up for sale now so as soon as it sells we will there in TV!! Hey, here is another question for you all, do you have lots of snakes there?? lol I know it sounds crazy but I DO NOT like snakes lol I was reading that you have black racers, YIKES!!
We have seen a snake around our house this year for the first time, but not often. I think he is afraid of us.

We haven't had any close encounters with alligators either. Or Palm rats. We do see and enjoy the four foot tall birds called Sandhill Cranes. They mate for life and have sweet little kids.

The developer used to issue in their packet, a reasonable assessment of living expenses here. I haven't ever heard anyone disagreeing with it.

If you plan to eat out a lot, buy a lot of alcoholic drinks and take a lot of vacations and cruises, then you will spend more than if you didn't.

I think it fair to remind you that there are a lot of people here older than fifty. I don't want you to be unhappy with us. Some look it and some don't.

We all have sixteen year olds hidden inside.
Old 06-28-2017, 12:13 PM
Sage

Quote:
Thank you all soooo much. Your answers are so helpful while I am trying to make my decisions it gets confusing. Could you tell me what CSU stands for?
Central Sumter Utilities---It's the entity that bills amenity fees, trash, water and sewer. I also forgot to mention lawn pest and termite treatment---$127 every other month. I had them mowing the lawn and trimming bushes for $85/ month, but fired them after 3 years because they sub contracted out to a company that SUCKS--now I just do it myself.
Old 06-28-2017, 12:16 PM
Sage

Quote:
I could give an answer about snakes, but your best reply will be from a TOTV member with the screen name "NUCKY". He was also afraid of snakes before moving here. Send him a PM and he'll put your fears to rest.
Closed Thread

Tags
bill, sewer, water, reading, villages

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.