Legal Help for roof insurance claim rejection

Old 03-14-2024, 04:55 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,046 Times in 731 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by villageuser View Post
I am not sure if you had roofers come and look at your roof, or if you had an inspector do so. It’s the old story of, if you ask a surgeon, you will be told you need surgery, if you ask a chiropractor,they’ll say you need an adjustment, and on and on. As a REALTOR, I would recommend you ask an inspector that does a 4-point inspection. They will let you know if you need to replace or repair. Their report carries weight with the insurance companies. If it needs replacement, you may want to reach out to the shingles manufacturer and see what they say.
Why ask a Roofer? Or a Public Adjustor? Or an Attorney or Insurance expert?

Ask a real estate broker, they're experts at everything.
Old 03-14-2024, 07:23 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,045 Times in 536 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianL99 View Post
Why ask a Roofer? Or a Public Adjustor? Or an Attorney or Insurance expert?

Ask a real estate broker, they're experts at everything.

“ There are those who believe something, and therefore will tolerate nothing; and on the other hand, those who tolerate everything, because they believe nothing.” - Robert Browning
Old 03-14-2024, 07:49 AM
Default Contact FL insurance board

Quote:
Originally Posted by len84pa View Post
I am currently insured with Farmers, which to my understanding is leaving the Florida area. I had 3 different roofing companies inspect my roof and they all indicated my roof needed replaced because of lifted shingles, creased shingles, loss of "grit" and end tabs broken .

The adjuster from Farmers inspected the roof and indicated that with the exception of a few shingles being creased (20) the roof was in good shape.

I have absolutly no leverage since Farmers is leaving FL and my policy expires in August 2024.

I'm asking for advice, legal help, to appeal the claim rejection with Farmers.
Contact the State insurance board.
Old 03-14-2024, 10:03 AM
Default Roof

Quote:
Originally Posted by len84pa View Post
I am currently insured with Farmers, which to my understanding is leaving the Florida area. I had 3 different roofing companies inspect my roof and they all indicated my roof needed replaced because of lifted shingles, creased shingles, loss of "grit" and end tabs broken .

The adjuster from Farmers inspected the roof and indicated that with the exception of a few shingles being creased (20) the roof was in good shape.

I have absolutly no leverage since Farmers is leaving FL and my policy expires in August 2024.

I'm asking for advice, legal help, to appeal the claim rejection with Farmers.
Of course the roofers are going to say you need to replace the roof, they want your business, more than likely your roof is fine. How old is it? Asphalt shingles are made to last 25 years. Roofing scams are out of control, which is the main reason insurance rates skyrocketed and insurance companies are leaving Florida. Consumers need to wise up. Look into Sling insurance.
Old 03-15-2024, 10:42 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Dozer View Post
What is the meaning of /// ???
It means the poster typed something he didn't mean and that he wants to retract. The way to do that is to type something meaningless in its place, like "///" or "\\\."
Old 03-15-2024, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carla B View Post
It means the poster typed something he didn't mean and that he wants to retract. The way to do that is to type something meaningless in its place, like "///" or "\\\."
Thanks. I wondered that as well. lol
Old 03-15-2024, 12:44 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,739 Times in 5,253 Posts

Quote:
Note you cannot delete a post, and the post must contain at least 3 characters, hence ///.
Old 03-15-2024, 09:00 PM
Sage
Thanked 14,051 Times in 5,337 Posts

Quote:
Hmm think I have seen a meaningless post or two on here.

Tags
roof, farmers, shingles, creased, leaving

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.