Less snarkiness with names

Closed Thread
Old 03-10-2020, 10:19 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,019 Times in 1,745 Posts

My real name is Oprah and I live in Maui part time ....

But seriously, if we could get together for lunch or coffee or something, I’m game. Love to meet posters’ names I recognize.
Old 03-11-2020, 11:00 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Default Ohiobuckeye

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovinganimals View Post
I know I am going to get blasted with this post, just as all posts do but I wonder if there would be less people being snarky and rude and downright mean if we had our names and village as our username instead of hiding behind a made up username.
Well, I’m not going to Blast you for you voicing your opinion, but you’re right because if you look at online Newspapers & read comments that people make there, they use their names (at least most of them do) & most of the time they do say what’s on their minds but at least they try to be nice & they get their point across. Don’t live in TV anymore but where I live now you better not make a neg. comment or a neg. joke because the people here call you a a$$hole, p_ _ _ k or about every other 4 letter word they can think of. The funny thing is you can get your point across without all the cursing. Like some guy that worked with troubled kids told me one time it’s called P.P.P. (**** poor parenting) & they didn’t learn language like that in school. So now you got my input on the subject & I never cursed at you or said anything Neg. to you. Have a great day & God Bless. PS: Am I allowed to say GOD!
Old 03-11-2020, 02:57 PM

You mean there are snarky people living in Floridas Friendliest Hometowm. Can't be.
Old 03-11-2020, 03:40 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

This idea sounds good, but it's not. I post on the Facebook websites "Villages, Florida", "Villages Talk", "Villages World of Mouth" and "Village Insider". Those who don't know, your entire facebook page is available, photo, name, everything on your FB page and yet posting there is not much different than here. The big difference is there are more non-Villagers than TOTV, local residents from Wildwood, Fruitland Park, Summerfield and Lady Lake. Most every subject discussed here is discussed there, sometimes first before here.
Closed Thread

Tags
username, names, hiding, village, made

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.