A Lesson Learned

Closed Thread
Old 05-25-2021, 06:51 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,922 Times in 1,111 Posts
Default I think the thread was about

Quote:
Originally Posted by thevillages2013 View Post
I am just curious as to what the reason is for this post. Very strange . Bragamonial or what? Dude be real if you bought the wrong house for you then right now is the perfect time to sell it to someone that doesn’t know better.
We are so smart about the perfect house and because of that, those of lesser intelligence need counseling , to save us from the terrible mistakes we are all making . I’m glad he’s happy but after living in 23 countries and 15 homes and condos since retiring. 14 years in the same house sounds like a prison sentence for me lol , having just moved again at 82 I’ve got at least one more move back to Boston at 85 , That was always the plan from the day I came to Florida a long time ago
Old 05-25-2021, 07:01 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,019 Times in 1,745 Posts

Different people, different preferences. In my native European country we had Gypsy caravans, in Ireland there are the Travelers. They are always on the move.
Old 05-25-2021, 07:28 PM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,340 Times in 1,448 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvet View Post
Different people, different preferences. In my native European country we had Gypsy caravans, in Ireland there are the Travelers. They are always on the move.
That's why God created Motorhomes.
Old 05-25-2021, 07:38 PM

With few exceptions, it always seems that folks love where they live in TV. North, central or south.
Old 05-26-2021, 04:50 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,903 Times in 915 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PennBF View Post
Reviewing the many problems some of the current and potential future residents of the Village's illustrates the true importance of the LOCATION,LOCATION,LOCATION consideration when buying a home site in the Villages.
Thanks for your personal pontification! alot of personal projection about "many" when all locations "can" be said to have many "potential future" problems. Using potential makes it a grandiose statement, using future makes it open to anything possible, including a future meteor strike, as if you want to make a claim that you predicted it

a perfect trolling post. . .

needs to have a category on the posts you dislike the most
Old 05-26-2021, 08:24 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,019 Times in 1,745 Posts

With regards to future problems...IF they develop you move.
Old 05-26-2021, 08:41 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,922 Times in 1,111 Posts

Short and to the point!!!!!
Old 05-26-2021, 10:05 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,513 Times in 3,106 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PennBF View Post
Reviewing the many problems some of the current and potential future residents of the Village's illustrates the true importance of the LOCATION,LOCATION,LOCATION consideration when buying a home site in the Villages. There are the problems of the Florida Turnpike and the noise it may brings to the home site. There is the risk the Developer may/will build apartments very near the home site and that brings a whole new set of problems for those residents near the apartments. Or you have the train going through some area which are close to the tracks. You can test the quality of the new buildings and are they of the same or equal to those of the past? There is the bond that will be applied to the homes, the risk that once you sign up for a home the Developer decides to change the profile of the area. I am sure there are many more things to consider when buying in The Villages and this is just a few to think about. We did extensive investigations of the risks about 13-14 years ago and today we think about the many risks that are involved and appreciate we made the right decision and that our decision led to a great hopefully protected location. In today's world there are more things to worry about than when we bought like future traffic flow, closeness to markets, banks, drug stores and time to get there in a cart ? The old adage that plans change is never more true than when purchasing in The Villages, as being demonstrated in today's world!
But let's not forget about the potential risk of moving into a neighborhood where there are old people. Old people are more likely to die than young people. That means more homes are likely to be sold to new neighbors, who might smoke stinky cigars and drive really loud motorcycles that they start up at 7 in the morning. Or have driveway parties with hired singers who sing really badly every patriotic song they know through crusty old speakers on full blast, and can't even remember the words right. Or who knock on your door every day that you don't step out of your house no later than 9AM to ask if you are going to take your newspaper inside, because it's unattractive there on the edge of the driveway.

And so on.

You can't plan for everything. Pick the most obvious "can't live with this" items, then pick a couple more, and start looking.
Closed Thread

Tags
villages, home, problems, site, todays

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.