Let's Get Real

Closed Thread
Old 01-16-2022, 06:12 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitsee View Post
BLAH, BLAH, BLAH...Well I'm offended by the drunk people in the squares, I'm offended by the stinking cigarette smokers, AND I'm offended by the stinking gas golf cart fumes !!!
Where's my consideration ??
This kind of attitude is why the dogs get a bad rap!
Old 01-16-2022, 06:21 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by billethkid View Post
MOST dog owners do what is right.
And just like all other "reporting" these days the isolated or minority (not race) incidents are presented as if a general condition (not inferring that is what the OP has done).
Your statement just does not equate with reality,
but nice try!
Old 01-16-2022, 06:30 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilyclub View Post
Dogs are not allowed in restaurants, including outside seating in Sumter County.
Not true.
FL - Restaurant - 509.233. Public food service establishment requirements; local exemption for dogs | Animal Legal & Historical Center
and
https://www.bringfido.com/restaurant/city/sumter_sc_us/
Old 01-16-2022, 06:32 PM
Sage
Thanked 8,276 Times in 4,296 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcrazorbackfan View Post
And here it freaking goes again.

Some of you just like hearing yourself .
Oh, stop complaining...

We haven;'t had a good "dog poop bitchfest" for what, 2 weeks now?

-Tom Petty
Old 01-16-2022, 06:37 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,094 Times in 1,336 Posts

Quote:
Dogs are not allowed in restaurants, including outside seating in Sumter County.
That MAY or may not be true according to this article. I am only GUESSING that these local places did NOT apply for permits, but maybe they did? I also doubt they are aware it is required unless Sumter or The Villages has a blanket permit but I kind of doubt that.

No Dogs Allowed, Mostly - Brewers' Law

FOR SOME RESTAURANTS AND BARS, DOGS NOT EVEN ALLOWED ON THE PATIO
Florida laws and regulations, and their enforcement, are fairly consistent for restaurants and bars when it comes to prohibiting live animals inside the dining area. Things get much less consistent when it comes to the patio.

For restaurants, there is a clear statutory path to allowing dogs onto their patios. Florida Statutes Section 509.233 specifically authorizes local governments to allow dogs (but no other pets) in the outdoor portions of public food service establishments. Under this statute, several Florida municipalities–including the City of Orlando, the City of St. Petersburg, and Sarasota County–have created “Doggy Dining” programs. Restaurants that apply for a permit (and pay the requisite permit fee) are thus allowed to invite dogs (and their owners) onto the patios. Taprooms and tasting rooms that have a Public Food Service (PFS) license issued by the Division of Hotels and Restaurant should check with the permits office of their local government to determine whether a dog-friendly dining program exists in that community.

__________________________________________________ _______

This is Florida Statute 509.233
Statutes & Constitution
:View Statutes
:

Online Sunshine

(b)In order to protect the health, safety, and general welfare of the public, the local exemption procedure shall require participating public food service establishments to apply for and receive a permit from the governing body of the local government before allowing patrons’ dogs on their premises. The local government shall require from the applicant such information as the local government deems reasonably necessary to enforce the provisions of this section, but shall require, at a minimum, the following information:
Betty White (1922-2021) R.I.P.
Old 01-16-2022, 06:43 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,094 Times in 1,336 Posts

Your second link is to SUMTER COUNTY SOUTH CAROLINA. Your text is correct though but read the entire law linked above this post
Betty White (1922-2021) R.I.P.
Old 01-16-2022, 06:47 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,203 Times in 569 Posts

I could not find any laws or codes for Sumter County that allow an exemption for dogs, or any language for issuing the required permits.

#1 I have not seen the requirements being met along with the proper signage in any restaurants here. Out of curiosity I will start asking restaurants if they allow dogs and if they have the permit.

#2 Your link is for Sumter County South Carolina.

Last edited by Bilyclub; 01-16-2022 at 06:58 PM.
Old 01-16-2022, 06:57 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,371 Times in 817 Posts

Quote:
They are allowed in Sumter County and I will continue to take my dog to outside seating at restaurants! There are several Sumter restaurants that have dog menus!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-16-2022, 07:34 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,203 Times in 569 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSR22 View Post
They are allowed in Sumter County and I will continue to take my dog to outside seating at restaurants! There are several Sumter restaurants that have dog menus!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Can you cite the Sumter County ordinance exempting it from Florida Law? Florida Health will be open tomorrow with the definitive answer.

I found this in a thread from 2013:
Permits for dogs on outdoor patios. Presently, Cody’s Road House in Lake Sumter Landings in The Villages is the only restaurant in Sumter County permitted under Section 13-735 of the Land Development Code. If you have visited Cody’s Road House and believe they are not complying with the requirements of their permit, please also let me know and I will assign an inspector to review their compliance.

Also Florida 13-653 states the following:
h.A sign or signs reminding employees of the applicable rules shall be posted on premises in a manner and place as determined by the local permitting authority.i.A sign or signs reminding patrons of the applicable rules shall be posted on premises in a manner and place as determined by the local permitting authority.j.A sign or signs shall be posted in a manner and place as determined by the local permitting authority that places the public on notice that the designated outdoor area is available for the use of patrons and patron's dogs.

Last edited by Bilyclub; 01-16-2022 at 09:36 PM. Reason: add
Old 01-17-2022, 06:49 AM

Walks are normal...for exercise. No need to be in other peoples' yards.
Old 01-17-2022, 06:55 AM
Default There's a simple solution

Allow your dogs to only "go" on lawns where it seems like no one is home.🤫👌🏾
Old 01-17-2022, 07:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djean1981 View Post
I don't have an issue with dogs, but in the grocery store...? I don't think dogs need to be in stores or restaurants. Maybe I'm just old fashioned.
Dogs in restaurants are the worst.
Old 01-17-2022, 07:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSR22 View Post
I do take my dog to restaurants with outside seating. Never to the supermarket.
May I ask why?
Old 01-17-2022, 07:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
Who in their right mind would give permission for any pet to use their property as the pet's private bathroom? I'm like the OP......owned a dog for over 34 years (two different dogs) and not once ever let them relieve themselves on anyone's property. We had a potty area on our property and that was where the dogs relieved themselves 99% of the time. If ever I was walking with them in the street and they gravitated towards someone's property to do their business, I would pull them back into the street to poop or pee. I always picked up after the dogs. Why can't all dog owners respect other people's property like I always did?
I wish you were my neighbor
Old 01-17-2022, 07:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PennBF View Post
Lets get real. The Villages is also the world leader as the largest "Dog Park" in the world. It seems like every where you go in the villages you are subject to dogs and their relieving themselves. They are at the Mail Stations which is used as a Dog Park. They are also in all of the Squares using whatever bush or tree is available. Lets not forget everybody's lawn, and god forgive the area's around the Shuffle Boards, just outside swimming pools and the open spaces around club houses. I am sure I am leaving some out but this is a start. We are dog lovers and in fact had one for years and would never think of allowing him to relieve himself outside our own property or at a self in closed dog park. When we see someone allowing their dog to use a private property (lawn, etc.) we are amazed there are people who are so within them selves that they totally disregard the other person rights and privacy. At Lake Sumter we watched a dog relieve itself in a small area of shrubs and a little while later two workers from the Villages get down and weed the
same area without gloves. Dog's do carry bacteria and can spread or create infections.
Now, I know that every dog lover will be outraged that anyone would challenge the right
for them to use other people's property for a outhouse for dogs. As I said we owned dogs
for many many years and always considered the other person. Since there is no law which protects the general and private property of others this behavior will most likely
not change and we must endure the behavior in the future. All those dog owners who respect other THANKS, those that don't SHAME.
We totally agree with everything you said. As Long as there are people that will own dogs they will let them go to the bathroom any place that they want Is whether it be a neighbor's yard or a venue where children would walk or play. And then they sheepishly pull out their little plastic bag and pick up the oozing warm substance. Just because they pick up where the dog went to the bathroom doesn't mean that this stuff left over. We used to own a dog also. Just because you own a dog doesn't mean that you're privileged to let it go any place that it wants.
Closed Thread

Tags
dog, dogs, property, park, villages

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.