Let's start something new! Helping not hiring.

Closed Thread
Old 04-20-2012, 01:08 PM
Default Let's start something new! Helping not hiring.

I wanted to share this post of mine and this message about helping others.
(See below)
I loved the offer to help me free of charge. What a neighborly thing to do.
I told Matt I would pay it foward and share this idea with everyone.
We are all neighbors, no matter what village we live in.
Thank you Matt!

Matt03-31-2012, 11:37 AM
Matt and Gail
Member Join Date: Feb 2011

Lets starts something new! Helping not hiring!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billyg

We can't figure out how to set up our home fax/scanner. Is there anyone who could help us?
Thx

I would be happy to assist you (yes without any cost) if you are in the Villages! Please PM me with your contact information if you still need help.

Matt

Village of Hadley
Old 04-20-2012, 02:09 PM
Sage

What a great idea. Maybe they can make a section for people who need help with something. Everyone pay it forward!
Old 04-20-2012, 02:32 PM
Soaring Eagle member

There is a forum here on TOTV called Helping Hand.
Old 04-21-2012, 07:15 PM

Great Concept...I plan to be added to the Helping Hand once we relocate and somewhat settled. Not sure what I have to offer but one never knows..
Its very nice to see when someone has a problem or dilema and instead of sending them the costly route we can all lend a hand. Not saying we should penalize the working mom and pops but Helping the Good Neighbor is just a Priceless part of ones integrity.
Ebsmom
Old 04-21-2012, 07:52 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to eweissenbach

An example of what this is about perhaps, and please, I don't want any kudos. My neighbor owns a lakefront lot he bought about six years ago, intending to build on it. He currently lives about 4 hours away, and retired right before he bought the lot. About four years ago his wife got cancer and they had to put off building, as she couldn't retire because they needed health insurance from her employer, and she was in her early 60s. He then went back to work because he needed something to do. Because of the distance he seldom gets up to maintain the lot, much less enjoy it. Every Memorial Day, July 4th, and Labor Day, if he has not been able to come up lately, I mow his lot. I do it so that when he comes for those holidays with his family, he won't have to spend his time grooming the lot. It is no big deal for me, I have a lawn tractor, and it takes me maybe an hour -- I'm retired!! He is always very appreciative and wants to give me something for my trouble, but my response is always - I'll need help sometime when you build here and I'll count on you. That is the way the world works, or should.
Old 04-21-2012, 09:26 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Helping a friend and/or neighbor in need is one thing, but I prefer to invest in local contractors and vendors that have been struggling to make ends meet.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.