Lifestyle preview

Closed Thread
Old 10-17-2010, 10:42 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Ah...I love to read all of you.

Going to bed now, reassured that you are all as silly as usual.

Love you guys.
Old 10-17-2010, 10:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Ah...I love to read all of you.

Going to bed now, reassured that you are all as silly as usual.

Love you guys.
Goodnight Gracie,

I'm new here but I just had to say that. : ) Hope you don't think I am too forward.

Last edited by Ajack; 10-18-2010 at 07:48 AM.
Old 10-18-2010, 06:44 PM
Smile

Hi everyone! We started our Lifestyle Preview on 10/1 - the first day of the new coupons. We found out by talking with other LSP people at the Creekside pool that our "freebies" weren't as good as theirs. I asked our sales rep and was told that what we were given (discounts for the retailers, one booklet per couple) were worth as much as the previous coupons. OK. Well, the Daily Sun had 15% off Johnny Rockets, our coupons gave us 10% off. 'Nuff said. But, as my better half (who is always the voice of wisdom) asked, "Will that keep us from living in The Villages". NO, of course not. We'll be there without question. New people coming in will still see the tremendous value in living the TV lifestyle - the place really does sell itself. Coupons, while nice, aren't what will sway anyone's decision. See ya next June.
Old 10-18-2010, 07:43 PM
Sage
Location: Summer at the Jersey Shore, Fall in New England [Maine], Winter in TV!

in addition to the economics of the times and the grandeur of the villages might it also be that the "season" is changing? it is much easier to recruit potential buyers when it is warmer in the villages than it is at home! recruiting when florida is hotter than blazes might require more freebies! just a thought.

Old 10-18-2010, 08:21 PM
Default Lifestyle Preview

Our friends called today and stated that a rep. from The Villages called about the new costs of a Lifestyle visit from a meeting held last night and the new cost is $150 per night.
Old 10-19-2010, 03:28 PM
Sage

Junior Member Join Date: Feb 2009

Lifestyle Preview

Our friends called today and stated that a rep. from The Villages called about the new costs of a Lifestyle visit from a meeting held last night and the new cost is $150 per night.

If this is true, it is still a reasonable charge for the accommodations you receive on a LSV but there might be some people who might stay at the Marriot in Spanish Springs ot the Waterfront Inn if they get a real good rate.

I have been on 2 LSV's and the first one came with all the goodies and the second had a 10% reduction in restaurants and stores. Free movie pass, a bucket of balls at the driving range and a golf cart if I remember correctly.

I was informed up front the LSV had changed and the goodies would not be the same. It didn’t make a difference to me as being in TV is what I wanted.
My first visit was to see fiends and that used up most of my time. It wasn't a wasted trip as TV blew me away. The second I viewed a as a necessary investment to my future happiness.

TV or bust. Still a wannabe.
Old 11-17-2010, 06:21 AM
Veteran member
Default LSP Restrictions?

Our friends tried to book a LSP, their 2nd, and were told they already had a LSP. Now they are restricting to only 1 LSP per family?

We are coming in March to buy a home on the LSP.
Old 11-17-2010, 07:35 AM
Default Intent is key, IMO

Quote:
Originally Posted by hedoman View Post
Our friends tried to book a LSP, their 2nd, and were told they already had a LSP. Now they are restricting to only 1 LSP per family?

We are coming in March to buy a home on the LSP.
I believe TV has always said you are allowed just 1 Lifestye Preview visit - however if your friends are working with a TV real estate agent, I would ask them to intervene on their behalf to see if they can get another visit. They might not get any perks, but they may still be able to get a nice place to stay (GREAT!) and use of the residents only amenities (golf, Katie Belle's, etc)

IMHO TV is just being more careful in allocating space in the villas to either those who are first timers (especailly at this busy time of year with the snowbirds beginning to arrive) or those who show a REAL interest in buying in TV. We worked though our agent to get the second visit and met with her at length (Sharon Crenshaw) during our 2nd visit. We did not buy then but when we left she knew exactly what we wanted and she was able to find our little piece of heaven for us. We bought the lot sight unseen (scary! ) and on our next visit several months later we finalized all our choices. Our home now waits for us to see it "in person" for the first time in a few weeks!
Old 11-17-2010, 08:03 AM
Sage

I think cherylncliff is right on the money - it might have to do with the time of the year. Sandy and I came to TV about a year ago for a LSV and were invited back again recently (sans 'perks') when our TV representative knew we were starting to get more serious about buying.

As cnc stated, have your friends check with their TV sales rep.

Bill
Old 11-17-2010, 08:26 AM
Bosoxfan

[QUOTE: Our home now waits for us to see it "in person" for the first time in a few weeks![/QUOTE]

Welcome to a great life!!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.