Lindsey at SalonJaylee Southern Trace

Closed Thread
Old 06-11-2016, 07:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madelaine Amee View Post
It seems to be their modus operandi. I "found" my hairdresser when he was a very young student at the Academy. When he graduated they put him into their salon in the Target shopping area and then after a couple of years he disappeared! Luckily, he knew their method of doing business and had made sure he had phone numbers and email addresses for his clients.

This should be a lesson to all hairdressers. Make sure you have the details of your customers on an index card for later use. Not just their telephone #, but information on their hair. I have never used a salon that does not have this information on file.
I discussed this with my hairdresser at Salon Jaylee. She said they have no access to customers information and they would be in trouble if it was discovered that they were collecting phone numbers and email addresses. I used to go to Color Me. When my hairdresser left they called me and let me know where she went. What a better way of doing business! Salon Jaylee will probably lose most of Lindsey's clients anyway so why not give the customer the choice of following her?
Average minds discuss events.
Small minds discuss people.

Eleanor Roosevelt
Old 06-11-2016, 08:39 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

sorry. deleted.

I sound like a know it all.
Old 06-11-2016, 09:30 AM

I actually found a stylist that cuts my hair better than anyone at Jaylee.
I was surprised to find her at Hair Cuttery.
$18 for wash and cut.
Old 06-11-2016, 10:23 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madelaine Amee View Post
It seems to be their modus operandi. I "found" my hairdresser when he was a very young student at the Academy. When he graduated they put him into their salon in the Target shopping area and then after a couple of years he disappeared! Luckily, he knew their method of doing business and had made sure he had phone numbers and email addresses for his clients.

This should be a lesson to all hairdressers. Make sure you have the details of your customers on an index card for later use. Not just their telephone #, but information on their hair. I have never used a salon that does not have this information on file.
Better yet, don't sign the non-compete agreement. How dare they impose such ridiculous on a person who has paid for their education and who isn't paid a lot for their work.

I have been in The Villages 8 years and I have yet to find someone who can cut my thick wavy hair....no matter what they charge. I very carefully explain what I want and they cut it how they want it. I leave every salon with a mullet! I would love to meet Lindsey!
Old 06-11-2016, 10:25 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deseylou View Post
I actually found a stylist that cuts my hair better than anyone at Jaylee.
I was surprised to find her at Hair Cuttery.
$18 for wash and cut.
Are you going to share her/his name?
Old 06-11-2016, 01:00 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,179 Times in 835 Posts

For those of you starting with a new stylist, perhaps asking the business if they require their employees to sign a non-compete agreement and refusing to use the salon if they do have such a requirement will decrease the practice. It is true that the business provided the opportunity for you to meet the stylist, thus it should own the goodwill. But if consumers simply say, in enough numbers, I will only use salons that do not require non-compete clauses, perhaps they will disappear from the industry. Maybe Gracie's posse can post the results of asking at all the local establishments to determine how widespread this may be.
Old 06-11-2016, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by big guy View Post
Are you going to share her/his name?
Her name is Dusty.
She is at Grand Traverse.
I have very fine hair, she texturizes the roots, razor cuts and layers the top.
She is the only person that will razor cut my roots. It gives lift and volume.
Love her
Old 06-20-2016, 07:32 AM
Default Lindsey Glen House

I've been with Lindsey for 8 years. She's become another daughter. I drove to Salon Vo in Inverness last week. It took 45 minutes door to door from Sabal Chase. Easy peasey drive. I love Lindsey. She's a doll, and she's great with my hair. She'll be back in this area in two years. That's only 12 haircuts. Nancy Simmons
Old 09-15-2016, 11:34 AM

Lindsey is at Salon Vo in Inverness. Due to the no compete contract signed with Salon Jaylee she was forced to go to Citrus county.
Old 09-15-2016, 12:42 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

People are in business to make money. If you work hard then you can be the one to own the salon and demand your employees sign a non compete clause. It's the American way.

Last edited by graciegirl; 09-15-2016 at 09:21 PM.
Old 09-15-2016, 06:44 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotrodgirl View Post
She is indeed at Salon Vo in Inverness.352-341-2992������
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alr12 View Post
Lindsey is at Salon Vo in Inverness. Due to the no compete contract signed with Salon Jaylee she was forced to go to Citrus county.
Apparently Lindsay is at Salon Vo in Inverness. To bad that she is no longer accessible by golf cart!
Closed Thread

Tags
lindsey, salon, hair, trace, decent

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.