30 amazing days in The Village of Fernandina.

Closed Thread
Old 08-01-2020, 01:29 PM
Default 30 amazing days in The Village of Fernandina.

Well our month of July spent in TV is over and we arrived back home yesterday. Another amazing experience even under a pandemic related environment. We never thought of The Village of Fernandina being a prime location for us but we are certainly considering it now. We met the Village Newcomers of YOUTUBE fame on one of our evening golf cart rides. They were gracious and kind so any of you who are not subscribed to their channel should be. We met very nice neighbors John and Kay whom just moved in and were busy working on their new home. We enjoyed their first voyage in their new golf car with them as they followed us up to Sumter. Go Southern Miss. I am an Ohio state fan that was for John. I golfed many country clubs including Arnold Palmer $9 after 4PM who knew. So much more to talk about but enough for now. What a beautiful place. Thanks to Packer fan for renting us his amazing home.
Old 08-01-2020, 01:32 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Vernon View Post
Well our month of July spent in TV is over and we arrived back home yesterday. Another amazing experience even under a pandemic related environment. We never thought of The Village of Fernandina being a prime location for us but we are certainly considering it now. We met the Village Newcomers of YOUTUBE fame on one of our evening golf cart rides. They were gracious and kind so any of you who are not subscribed to their channel should be. We met very nice neighbors John and Kay whom just moved in and were busy working on their new home. We enjoyed their first voyage in their new golf car with them as they followed us up to Sumter. Go Southern Miss. I am an Ohio state fan that was for John. I golfed many country clubs including Arnold Palmer $9 after 4PM who knew. So much more to talk about but enough for now. What a beautiful place. Thanks to Packer fan for renting us his amazing home.
I love to hear my long time opinions validated. WE are as happy here as our first day and we are in our second home here. Hurry back so we can welcome you home. Go Bucks.
Old 08-01-2020, 05:18 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,152 Times in 1,326 Posts

glad to hear that you you enjoyed your visit and are looking to return....

I will say though...that you ain't seen nothing yet

TV is basically in shut down...all the clubs are on hold, the nightly dancing in the squares is on hold...may of the rec center's gyms are closed....there are no special weekend events at the squares, no polo games, no shows, concerts at The Sharon or Savannah Center...when all this returns living here is truly like living the dream
Old 08-01-2020, 07:02 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,682 Times in 632 Posts

When we were looking to buy a house four years ago, we did not even consider any house that would require us to turn left onto a 4-lane road without the help of a stoplight or a roundabout to control the traffic. Since Pinellas, Hillsborough, and Moyer are 4-lane roads, that left out a lot of homes. We found a nice lot in Osceola Hills and had a house built.

Maybe turning left onto Pinellas is not bad in July. January and February could be a different story.
Old 08-02-2020, 06:34 AM
Default Always positive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
I love to hear my long time opinions validated. WE are as happy here as our first day and we are in our second home here. Hurry back so we can welcome you home. Go Bucks.
Gracie,

You're always so positive.

Thank You,
Craig
Old 08-02-2020, 07:13 AM
Veteran member

Where did you get the "kool-aid"
Old 08-02-2020, 07:29 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan the man View Post
Where did you get the "kool-aid"
Old 08-02-2020, 09:04 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Glad you enjoyed your stay, Craig. The Villages needs more people like you. Hurry up and find your way here! Good Luck!

Without the Pandemic, you will be beside yourself with happiness that this place oozes from the time you wake up until 8.55 PM!
Old 08-02-2020, 10:58 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Vernon View Post
Glad you had a great visit. Lucky that you got to meet Linda and Jerry of The Villages Florida Newcomers You Tube Channel. The Villages Florida Newcomers has a great You Tube Channel, as does Gold Wingnut, Skip Smith and Scott and Dawn Cammack.
Old 08-02-2020, 02:13 PM
Default We follow the same people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schaumburger View Post
Glad you had a great visit. Lucky that you got to meet Linda and Jerry of The Villages Florida Newcomers You Tube Channel. The Villages Florida Newcomers has a great You Tube Channel, as does Gold Wingnut, Skip Smith and Scott and Dawn Cammack.
Very nice I follow all these folks on YouTube also.

Tags
amazing, home, village, golf, fan

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.