Line Dance Question

Closed Thread
Old 06-11-2020, 09:37 AM

Great question and thanks for the list of dances. We can certainly learn them at home with youtube and be ready to dance whenever the virus is gone!
Old 06-11-2020, 09:43 AM

I have been line dancing regularly since moving to The Villages. This is the site recommend by the line dance teachers rather than YouTube.

CopperKnob - Linedance Stepsheets
Old 06-11-2020, 09:55 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keysers View Post
I have been line dancing regularly since moving to The Villages. This is the site recommend by the line dance teachers rather than YouTube.

CopperKnob - Linedance Stepsheets
This looks really good. (See, Curtisbwp, there are sites other than youtube. Well, maybe not in Boston. )

And thanks everybody else for the help...including the youtube directions. I'll be going there too. And keep the songs and thoughts coming!!
Old 06-11-2020, 11:32 AM

Agree
Old 06-11-2020, 02:39 PM

My husband and I tried following a few videos for east coast swing. It was helpful, but my husband has no rhythm and we argued each time because I WOUND UP LEADING! LOL When I make my permanent move to TV I gotta find me a fella to dance with!! HAHA
Old 06-11-2020, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barborv View Post
My husband and I tried following a few videos for east coast swing. It was helpful, but my husband has no rhythm and we argued each time because I WOUND UP LEADING! LOL When I make my permanent move to TV I gotta find me a fella to dance with!! HAHA
When they get back to normal go to Bradenton on Thursday evenings. The Shag club meets there. Shag, east coast, west coast and other. You’ll find lots of people to dance with.
Old 07-18-2020, 10:46 AM

Update to my question...

There appears to be line dancing going on every night at LSL and it appears to be sort of like a class. Can anybody tell me if there are days/times that are better for somebody at about an beginner plus (if that's such a level...heheh). I'm not a total beginner, but I'm probably not quite intermediate either. I'm thinking of going some time and just trying blend in the best I can, but if there are specific days/times that are best for my level, of course that would be good to know.

Thanks for your help.
Old 07-21-2020, 12:26 PM

Not trying to be a nag, but I may go to LSL landing tonight and try to join in with the line dancers. Nobody knows if there is a "good" time to go for maybe advanced beginners or so? Or are people are even allowed to just walk up and join in? Could it be a club that requires membership or something like that?
Old 07-21-2020, 01:44 PM
Veteran member

Line dancing on the squares is open to anyone. People often do different steps to the same song or a group who goes to classes together may do something else. There are no rules and no experience levels. You can do specific choreography with others, try to pick up the steps and follow along, or do your own thing!
Old 07-29-2020, 05:09 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Choro&Swing View Post
#
I’m so out of touch with reality. I thought line dancing was about country music and Western swing. I guess I’d better cross it off my list of things to try.
This is R&B line dancing they also have country western line dancing if you prefer things like boot slapping boggie.
Old 08-01-2020, 08:14 AM

Here are some popular COUNTRY line dances.

Electric Slide

Boot Scootin' Boogie

Good Time

Watermelon Crawl

Wagon Wheel

There are many more. I'll add them as I think of them.

There are also many Country Couples dances. As the name implies, this is where you dance with a partner (spouse, friend, whatever). I like the couples dances better because they tend to offer more variety and style. The drawback is that you need a willing partner and not everyone has one.

There are many easy-to-learn Country Couples dances so no one should feel that they can't learn them if they're willing to put forth just a little effort. Country songs tend to offer a better beat to dance to, IMO, plus it gives you a chance to put on your boots and jeans and scoot, kick, slide, and all kinds of steps from fast to slow to in between. LOTS of variety for every taste and energy level.
Old 08-02-2020, 11:49 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barborv View Post
There is a gentlemen's R&B line dance class for men with 2 left feet. It is the only mens only class and is great to get guys dancing who don't normally dance.
Old 08-02-2020, 12:21 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,513 Times in 3,106 Posts

Just a minor correction: The Electric Slide is NOT a country line dance. It's a reggae line dance, that corresponds with the song that birthed the dance, called the Electric Boogie by Bunny Wailer. Wailer was the "...and the Wailers" part of the Bob Marley band.
Closed Thread

Tags
line, dances, classes, frequently, learn

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.