Wild Grandchildren in golf cart

Closed Thread
Old 04-20-2013, 06:57 AM
Default Wild Grandchildren in golf cart

As we were finishing the 9th hole at Mira Mesa last evening, a golf cart with children driving (no adult in cart) were driving all over the golf course at Mira Mesa then went over to Chula Vista golf course and rode all over the course. Where are these grandparents? How dare they let these kids do this. I stopped at Chula rec center when I saw a community watch truck and told them. They were on it already. I hope they were caught and the parents and grandparents scolded.
Old 04-20-2013, 07:03 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by crummybuttons View Post
As we were finishing the 9th hole at Mira Mesa last evening, a golf cart with children driving (no adult in cart) were driving all over the golf course at Mira Mesa then went over to Chula Vista golf course and rode all over the course. Where are these grandparents? How dare they let these kids do this. I stopped at Chula rec center when I saw a community watch truck and told them. They were on it already. I hope they were caught and the parents and grandparents scolded.
I agree.

Good for you to report it.

Were they on the paths or running around tearing up greens?
Old 04-20-2013, 07:20 AM
Sage

I so agree with you!!!! Carts are NOT toys or some kind of ATV !!!! Glad you reported it===so hopefully it was taken care of expediously!!!
Old 04-20-2013, 07:58 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts

If the kids were over loaded with energy, I think the grand parents were just pleased to get them out of the house and did not worry too much what they were doing. Where I came from, they would have had a bill for damage to the course.

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 04-20-2013, 05:56 PM

Glad you reported them. Dangerous to say the least...for everyone!

After a lifetime of adventures, the adventure of a lifetime.
Old 04-20-2013, 06:19 PM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,313 Times in 546 Posts
Default Right thing to do

Quote:
Definitely the right thing to do.
Old 04-21-2013, 06:38 AM

Whom should we report them to? We had an incident where some teenagers were coming at us head on where the golf cart path is divided. We were returning home after dark after visiting friends. There was a second cart of kids on the correct side of the path and no doubt, they were racing. It was a close call.
Old 04-21-2013, 06:55 AM
Veteran member

Wouldn't you like to know the details about it?

I wonder if the situation was: grandchildren of a renter with cart privileges or grandchildren of an owner's cart?

Old 04-21-2013, 07:20 AM
Email Reported As Spam

Were these the grand children of residents or renters?
Where was the ambassador?
There seems to be more and more of this bad behavior which I believe falls directly on the irresponsibility of adults.
A golf cart is an attraction and you can expect it to draw the attention of youngsters in mischevious ways. Unsupervised use of a golf cart is a tragedy waiting to happen
Old 04-21-2013, 07:29 AM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

Sure are a lot of assumptions going on here. Sadly, it wasn't necessarily a TV resident's grandchild; the "child" may have been not been visiting -- either lives here or lives in a neighboring town; the carts could have been "borrowed". Has happened more than once here. I remember a couple of years ago two carts were stolen, driven around and then driven into Silver Lake. I am glad that the OP cared enough to call someone to stop them. Here's hoping they were caught and held accountable.

As to whether it was a homeowner's or renter's grandchild, does it matter? (BTW, statistically, it is usually a homeowner who allows their grandchildren to drive the cart -- renters don't want the risk of damaging a cart that is not theirs.) Either way, it is a reckless act and one that put these idiot kids in grave danger and could get them in a lot of trouble.

TV is a great place for kids to visit but once they hit mid to late teens, TV is a place of boredom for them unless they're avid golfers -- they're stuck swimming with little kids; the music isn't even geared to their parents' age, it was way too old-fashioned for their taste; golf cart rides aren't fun unless they're driving; activities are geared to old folks' abilities; too young to drink, so the town rolls up at 9:00 pm. If they go alone somewhere in TV, they are looked at with suspicion. There really is little to entertain them for long periods of time. Personally, I would make sure that a teeenager wasn't stuck here for more than three days -- the rest of the visit would be off campus.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 04-21-2013, 07:34 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwitch View Post
----
As to whether it was a homeowner's or renter's grandchild, does it matter?

---
If you were a landlord and provided cart privileges as part of the rental agreement it might!

Unexpected consequences.
Old 04-21-2013, 07:56 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Sure are a lot of assumptions going on here. Sadly, it wasn't necessarily a TV resident's grandchild; the "child" may have been not been visiting -- either lives here or lives in a neighboring town; the carts could have been "borrowed". Has happened more than once here. I remember a couple of years ago two carts were stolen, driven around and then driven into Silver Lake. I am glad that the OP cared enough to call someone to stop them. Here's hoping they were caught and held accountable.

As to whether it was a homeowner's or renter's grandchild, does it matter? (BTW, statistically, it is usually a homeowner who allows their grandchildren to drive the cart -- renters don't want the risk of damaging a cart that is not theirs.) Either way, it is a reckless act and one that put these idiot kids in grave danger and could get them in a lot of trouble.

TV is a great place for kids to visit but once they hit mid to late teens, TV is a place of boredom for them unless they're avid golfers -- they're stuck swimming with little kids; the music isn't even geared to their parents' age, it was way too old-fashioned for their taste; golf cart rides aren't fun unless they're driving; activities are geared to old folks' abilities; too young to drink, so the town rolls up at 9:00 pm. If they go alone somewhere in TV, they are looked at with suspicion. There really is little to entertain them for long periods of time. Personally, I would make sure that a teeenager wasn't stuck here for more than three days -- the rest of the visit would be off campus.
An excellent and common sense post.

Last edited by Moderator; 04-21-2013 at 10:41 AM. Reason: edited out off-topic comment
Old 04-21-2013, 08:02 AM
Sage
Location: Summer at the Jersey Shore, Fall in New England [Maine], Winter in TV!

Quote:

couldn't have said it better myself, redwitch!

Old 04-21-2013, 08:32 AM
Exclamation Golf Carts

Quote:
I Agree GrandParents I do not find it Cute nor entertaining when I see your Grand Children by themselves driving the Carts. You might think it is Great but they are not TOYS and Can Cause Injury to themselves and others. Chances are they are no better Drivers than any one elses grand kids and you probably get upset when you see someone elses kids driveing. I am not an Ole Scrooge and I Love Kids but come on Safety first> Thanks
Old 04-21-2013, 08:33 AM

I think it is more a novelty for the teenagers and younger kids to drive a golf cart and either not be of driving age or have fun in little "carts" racing around. We all know too well and can attest to numerous cases of seeing grand kids driving even under the legal age, or teenagers racing/joy riding. It does not matter who the owner is it is still wrong. We too get annoyed by the recklessness. We have had incidents in our neighborhood of teenagers in rental carts spinning out with wet pavement after rains, racing down the streets, and more. But, we all recall our days when we also thought we were invinsibleand did some crazy things. In no means it makes it right, and it is sad when something happens. In reality, there is no where you can call and report it. Sure you can try to call the police, but by the time they get there, they are gone, the rental company (we have done that and neighbors have also and provided the cart number), but they really won't do anything either unless there is damage. Than they will use the information. Community Watch's hands are tied. As long as there are grandparents, they will let their little darlings play and hope for the best since they always say "what...my little Johnny/janie couldn't have done that!" Lol
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.