Lisiting our home for sale- Seems like we need to do it twice

Closed Thread
Old 06-23-2018, 02:50 PM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,340 Times in 1,448 Posts

[QUOTE=CFrance;1555745]Whatever the reason, I believe the TV sales agents are now very interested in showing pre-owned homes. Basically, there is a "build-out," if you will, between 466 and a little south of 466A. Nothing new available south of 44 (maybe in Pine Ridge? But they have higher taxes.)

I think you might have your route numbers mixed up just a bit.
Old 06-24-2018, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
Speaking as a retired real estate broker, the purpose of an open house is for the agent to pick up new clients.
If the home sells during an open house, it's a bonus!
I'm so glad you posted this! In the future if I market my home I will insist that the realtor NOT solicit new clients! If my "open house" is nothing but a lure then I expect some form of compensation, say a reduction in the commission for each head that walks thru the door, serious buyer or not!
Old 06-24-2018, 04:20 PM

[QUOTE=vintageogauge;1555759]
Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
Whatever the reason, I believe the TV sales agents are now very interested in showing pre-owned homes. Basically, there is a "build-out," if you will, between 466 and a little south of 466A. Nothing new available south of 44 (maybe in Pine Ridge? But they have higher taxes.)

I think you might have your route numbers mixed up just a bit.
"Build out" is a myth!
Old 06-24-2018, 05:34 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by tagjr1 View Post
I'm so glad you posted this! In the future if I market my home I will insist that the realtor NOT solicit new clients! If my "open house" is nothing but a lure then I expect some form of compensation, say a reduction in the commission for each head that walks thru the door, serious buyer or not!

It’s the price you pay along with the commission to sell a house. You could always opt not to have any open houses. It’s your call.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-24-2018, 10:52 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by tagjr1 View Post
As Wiotte wisely states:
It’s the price you pay along with the commission to sell a house.
You could always opt not to have any open houses. It’s your call.
Old 06-24-2018, 10:56 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
As Wiotte wisely states:
It’s the price you pay along with the commission to sell a house.
You could always opt not to have any open houses. It’s your call.

Hey, how’s the pizza in the North country ? Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-24-2018, 11:12 PM
Sage
Default Lisiting our home for sale- Seems like we need to do it twice

///
Old 06-25-2018, 02:50 AM

I have sold two homes here by owner! Put a sign in the window, took good pictures and posted on Zillow. Advantage Trust is so easy to work with. Saves a lot of money. You do not need a realtor!!!
Old 06-25-2018, 02:54 AM

Liability and lawsuits
Old 06-25-2018, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysunshine1948 View Post
I have sold two homes here by owner! Put a sign in the window, took good pictures and posted on Zillow. Advantage Trust is so easy to work with. Saves a lot of money. You do not need a realtor!!!
What was your price range?
Old 06-25-2018, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOTV Newbie View Post
What was your conversation with them the entire six months? Didn't you ask for more open houses, different marketing strategies or out of your contract? What did they say?
Yes we constantly asked why it wasn't selling, did we need to lower the price etc. They said open houses didn't do that much good, however there are a lot of them in the paper. Ask to be out of contract, they said that we signed the contract for 6 months. The representative was not doing a good job, left most everything and communications to his assistant. Most all the Villages representatives have an assistant. It is also my understanding the Villages sales reps do not need a real estate license, they are not realtors just sales agents for the developer. We were not very happy with the Villages selling our house. However when we moved back after 4 years away we bought from a Villages sales rep and were very happy with them.
Old 06-25-2018, 11:00 AM
Veteran member
Location: MI, LA, IN, IL, MI (2), MA, NC, CA (2)A, FL, VA, RI, NH, OR (2), FL (2), WI (2), MN

Quote:
Originally Posted by TraceyMooreRN View Post
Why not list your house yourself and save yourself tons of money? I did, sold my house in two days. Priced right. Put in the paper and on Zillow. Hire a Attorney for contract/deposit holding and closing. It really is not that hard to sell a house in The Villages if it is priced right!!
Agreed! We listed our house in Viera, FL by ourselves in Zillow and sold it the same day. We paid only $1.00.

But if you decide to go with a realtor, don't pay the 6% commission. Instead on the listing agreement you agree to pay 4% if they sell within 30 days or before they post at MLS.

However I see from Zillow that there is a lot of houses for sale in TV. So if you post at Zillow, you need to take good pix and write enticing descriptions.

For example at Zillow I wrote our property had so much privacy that we could go outside in our birthday skins. It worked.
Old 06-25-2018, 12:28 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to eweissenbach

Quote:
Originally Posted by EPutnam1863 View Post
However I see from Zillow that there is a lot of houses for sale in TV. So if you post at Zillow, you need to take good pix and write enticing descriptions.

For example at Zillow I wrote our property had so much privacy that we could go outside in our birthday skins. It worked.
Ahhh, marketing to nudists! Great idea!
Old 06-25-2018, 12:45 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,661 Times in 727 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by EPutnam1863 View Post
Agreed! We listed our house in Viera, FL by ourselves in Zillow and sold it the same day. We paid only $1.00.

But if you decide to go with a realtor, don't pay the 6% commission. Instead on the listing agreement you agree to pay 4% if they sell within 30 days or before they post at MLS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eweissenbach View Post
Ahhh, marketing to nudists! Great idea!
Did they say "good descriptions" and "enticing pix"?
Old 06-25-2018, 04:21 PM

UPDATE: I posted a note that the load times were excessive if not never-ending. I was viewing the site from work and we have a VERY RESTRICTVE firewall in place. When I went home, and was routed thru my home router and connection, it was quick. Sorry for the confusion and angst.
Closed Thread

Tags
villages, list, service, home, vls

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.