Lisiting our home for sale- Seems like we need to do it twice

Closed Thread
Old 06-21-2018, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crash View Post
MLS sells about 30% of the resales and the VLS sells 70%. The VLS agents will not show a MLS listing and vice a versus.
That is very informative data. Can you provide a source, so I can research it some more? This would make our choice so much more pleasing. Thx much!
Old 06-22-2018, 10:30 AM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to eweissenbach

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOTV Newbie View Post
That is very informative data. Can you provide a source, so I can research it some more? This would make our choice so much more pleasing. Thx much!
That sounds about right, but my observation would imply that those percentages reflect the number of listings each entity gets. The Villages RE has a number of advantages - Every new home was sold by TV so when the initial buyers want to sell they have an established relationship with a TV salesperson - The Villages website is the go to resource for most people investigating purchase in TV, so it is natural for them to begin researching homes by going to the homes tab on the website first - The best real estate (front and inside front page) on the Daily Sun classifieds section is reserved for Villages resales and the back two pages of the front section for Villages new sales. - Everyone who comes for a lifestyle preview is assigned a TV agent, who has the first chance to develop a positive relationship - The radio station advertises the Villages open houses each day.
These advantages don't assure the Villages Sales will sell quicker or at all, but they do give them a head start with many people.
Old 06-22-2018, 11:54 AM
Veteran member

So what percentage does the VLS charge and what does the MLS realtors charge? I assume MLS asks for 7 but takes 6%?
Snow Flake until I retire
Old 06-22-2018, 12:33 PM

We listed our house years ago with The Villages. They had the listing for the length of the contract which was 6 months and only showed it two times and had one open house. Needless to say it did not sell for 6 months, then we listed it with Re-Max and it sold in 3 weeks. I think The Villages was using second hand homes to convince people to buy a new one instead. They had ours listed a little high I feel also. When we bought another home in The Villages we ended up buying from a Villages representative. What we were doing was going to open houses of both MLS realtors and Villages realtors.

So that is my experience.
Old 06-22-2018, 02:16 PM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,394 Times in 1,458 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 427dave View Post
We listed our house years ago with The Villages. They had the listing for the length of the contract which was 6 months and only showed it two times and had one open house. Needless to say it did not sell for 6 months, then we listed it with Re-Max and it sold in 3 weeks. I think The Villages was using second hand homes to convince people to buy a new one instead. They had ours listed a little high I feel also. When we bought another home in The Villages we ended up buying from a Villages representative. What we were doing was going to open houses of both MLS realtors and Villages realtors.

That is odd as TV sales agents sold abut 30% more re-sales last year than the MLS agents sold, about 2200 to about 1650 if i'm not mistaken.
Old 06-22-2018, 02:19 PM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,394 Times in 1,458 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TidalWalkers View Post
Our home is now for sale in Pinellas. Putting it on Zillow was not difficult. It helps to add photos on Zillow. We also chose to have it listed in MLS for a lessor commission rate. PM me for info on our listing agent or if want to see a great premier home in Pinellas.
The problem with listing for a lower commission is that the agents will show homes paying the max commission before showing the discounted ones. I learned that the hard way years ago. The agent that gives the lower rate is counting on just that so he/she can sell the house and get the full list/sale commission instead of just the listing commission. I'm sure there are exceptions to this but for the most part it is true.
Old 06-22-2018, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packer Fan View Post
So what percentage does the VLS charge and what does the MLS realtors charge? I assume MLS asks for 7 but takes 6%?
VLS 6% period.

MLS asks 6%, but but will deal to 5% when you say you have decided to go with TV.
Old 06-22-2018, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 427dave View Post

What was your conversation with them the entire six months? Didn't you ask for more open houses, different marketing strategies or out of your contract? What did they say?
Old 06-22-2018, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom C View Post
me again ... I have found (now) that sometimes the photos NEVER load. When this happens, you can not backup to recover. You must start your search from scratch again. This is enough to make a saint talk like a sailor.
My pictures load pretty quick (from Villages website, not the app)
Old 06-22-2018, 03:57 PM
Send a message via AIM to newgirl

Where is it ? Bed? bath ? I am going to be seriously looking after my June 29th closing on my house... I would like to be within 3 miles of Parr rd , Super Walmart , library area.. under $225.000
Old 06-22-2018, 04:39 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to eweissenbach

Quote:
Originally Posted by newgirl View Post
Where is it ? Bed? bath ? I am going to be seriously looking after my June 29th closing on my house... I would like to be within 3 miles of Parr rd , Super Walmart , library area.. under $225.000
Check the Villages website, An MLS website (Lyle Gant has a good one), Zillow, and VillageRsfsbo.com
Old 06-22-2018, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newgirl View Post
Off Moyer Loop Over $450,000
Old 06-22-2018, 05:04 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by crash View Post
MLS sells about 30% of the resales and the VLS sells 70%.
Buyers these days use the internet and know the value of homes.
A lot of people who sell privately make the mistake of listing their home for an unrealistically high price.
Old 06-22-2018, 09:41 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOTV Newbie View Post
VLS 6% period.

MLS asks 6%, but but will deal to 5% when you say you have decided to go with TV.

VLS charges 5% if they handle both the sell and the buy whether it be used or new.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-23-2018, 07:16 AM
Sage

It could be that VLS is paying more attention to resale listings now that some new buyers want to live closer in vs. out in Fenney.
Closed Thread

Tags
villages, list, service, home, vls

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.