Lithium Golf Carts: No Rave Reviews Anywhere

Closed Thread
Old 01-15-2022, 03:14 PM
Default Lithium Golf Carts: No Rave Reviews Anywhere

When I go on YouTube looking for a rave review of anyone's lithium golf cart I have yet to find one. I have found negative reviews of the range. For instance, one said when he drives two mile to the golf course and then plays 36 holes in the day and then wants to go have dinner before heading home, the cart battery will not last the trip.

I find it highly suspicious that a huge platform like YouTube would be devoid of people letting everyone know that lithium golf carts are the bee's knees.

I'd love to buy a lithium cart but I also don't see unqualified value without limits. By example, Nissan Leafs were everywhere for a while. Then people realized that the "BATTERY MANAGEMENT SYSTEM" caused the batteries to diminish in range dramatically. Now I seldom see a Leaf.

I also have not met a salesman yet who can explain what the battery warranty actually means. Does it mean we won't replace it if the cart continues to move 5 feet before stopping?
Old 01-15-2022, 03:52 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,786 Times in 1,248 Posts

Lots of positive reviews here.

Love both mine, 70mi range, quiet, no exhaust smell, strong acceleration, virtually no maintenance.

People tend to only take time to post on YT when they have problems.
Old 01-15-2022, 04:34 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by triflex View Post
When I go on YouTube looking for a rave review of anyone's lithium golf cart I have yet to find one. I have found negative reviews of the range. For instance, one said when he drives two mile to the golf course and then plays 36 holes in the day and then wants to go have dinner before heading home, the cart battery will not last the trip.

I find it highly suspicious that a huge platform like YouTube would be devoid of people letting everyone know that lithium golf carts are the bee's knees.

I'd love to buy a lithium cart but I also don't see unqualified value without limits. By example, Nissan Leafs were everywhere for a while. Then people realized that the "BATTERY MANAGEMENT SYSTEM" caused the batteries to diminish in range dramatically. Now I seldom see a Leaf.

I also have not met a salesman yet who can explain what the battery warranty actually means. Does it mean we won't replace it if the cart continues to move 5 feet before stopping?
Have heard a lot of good reviews on the EZ Go 4 series Lithium Cart. After all it is a golf cart which is designed to go 20 MPH and has a range of about 50 Miles. I am not going to RAVE about something which is closer to Normal.
Old 01-15-2022, 04:52 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,445 Times in 580 Posts

Quote:

Let me help you might challenged in your search description.
lithium golf cart reviews youtube
Old 01-15-2022, 05:56 PM

This produced a lot of 'reviews' by people who sell golf carts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dana1963 View Post
Let me help you might challenged in your search description.
lithium golf cart reviews youtube
Old 01-15-2022, 07:21 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,949 Times in 2,463 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbie0723 View Post
Lots of positive reviews here.

Love both mine, 70mi range, quiet, no exhaust smell, strong acceleration, virtually no maintenance.

People tend to only take time to post on YT when they have problems.
Let’s us know when batteries get few hundreds charges on them. Let’s see how much for replacement ? $$$$.

Last edited by Topspinmo; 01-16-2022 at 05:23 PM.
Old 01-15-2022, 08:15 PM
Platinum member

I was reading a review on a Lithium Battery retailer’s website. The poster was “very happy” with that 48 volt 96 ah lithium battery got the same range as their old lead acid batteries. Uh what, you are getting the same range and paying twice the cost. I am not sold on lithium batteries. Need to see other benefits of paying twice the cost.
Old 01-16-2022, 06:06 AM
Veteran member

Quote:

When I got my first eBike, it had a useful range of about 90 miles (that's with me assisting the battery). Two years later, my range is down to about 50 miles and falling. I don't see why it would be any different with a golf cart.
Old 01-16-2022, 06:13 AM

Enjoying lithium batteries so far, been about a year. Have left them idle for the summer, don't feel they have been diminished in any way.
Old 01-16-2022, 07:31 AM

70 miles is a standard electric cart. Not a Lithium battery cart. You wouldn’t pay the additional money for the same 70 miles.
Old 01-16-2022, 07:36 AM
Default Atomic GC

Had mine close to 3 years and still getting 80 miles per charge.
Old 01-16-2022, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kgcetm View Post
70 miles is a standard electric cart. Not a Lithium battery cart. You wouldn’t pay the additional money for the same 70 miles.
The best reported range I have seen for a standard 48V golf cart with 8 x 6 volt batteries is 50 miles. My cart with 4 x 12 volt batteries got 20 miles when the batteries were new. When I replaced with 105AH lithium it jumped to 65 miles. I haven't tested it lately but it's still about that. I added a rear seat so the extra 120 pounds might reduce the range. I'll do an accurate range test in November when it's 2 years old.

This is my original review. I'm still quite happy.

Roypow S51105 Lithium Battery Review
Old 01-16-2022, 07:56 AM

Retrofitted my Club Car Precedent with Lithium a year ago when it was time to change the original lead acid batteries for the fourth time. Absolutely thrilled with the result. The cart goes way further, is faster, handles and rides better. (Lithium battery pack is considerably lighter) It needs to be charged way less often and is easier to do because the charger is onboard. Had it done at the factory Club car store in Tampa and they guarantee the battery for 5 years.
Old 01-16-2022, 08:19 AM

Quote:

My lithium battery operated gift cart is awesome. It’s a 2020 and can go from Sumter to Lopez, play 9 holes and back and the meter still shows over 1/2 charge is left.
Old 01-16-2022, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyboyl39 View Post
Retrofitted my Club Car Precedent with Lithium a year ago when it was time to change the original lead acid batteries for the fourth time. Absolutely thrilled with the result. The cart goes way further, is faster, handles and rides better. (Lithium battery pack is considerably lighter) It needs to be charged way less often and is easier to do because the charger is onboard. Had it done at the factory Club car store in Tampa and they guarantee the battery for 5 years.
I’m researching doing this for my ClubCar Onward . Could you please give us the cost of your swap?
Closed Thread

Tags
lithium, golf, cart, battery, range

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.