Living in Lake Denham

Old 04-17-2024, 01:46 PM
Default Living in Lake Denham

We are thinking of buying in Lake Denham. Question for the current residents of that area.

Do many people have driveway get togethers?

Does it seem too far to drive a golf car to Publix or anywhere else? It currently seems like it is too far from everything except Sawgrass until Eastpoint opens.
Old 04-17-2024, 02:21 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,311 Times in 824 Posts

Well if you can't get there from here might as well have a driveway party.
Old 04-17-2024, 02:27 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,390 Times in 2,403 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyp View Post
Well if you can't get there from here might as well have a driveway party.
Do you live in Denham?
Old 04-17-2024, 04:28 PM
Veteran member

I'm part time in Lake Denham. There is a Lake Denham social club that is/was trying to make room for more members (need a bigger rec center room). There are driveway parties. At least one is supposed to be every month or close to that. It was huge when I went (first one back in February). Everyone is ready to mix and mingle and get together. That is part of a Lake Denham Facebook group. There are 2 groups on Facebook. I know at one time they tried to combine but it seems it didn't happen.

Anyhow, for shopping there is a Publix and Winn Dixie down 470 about 10 minutes. No golf cart obviously but not a bad drive. Publix at Brownwood is about a 30 minute cart ride from Lake Denham. I enjoy that ride. To be honest, the drive to Brownwood in a car isn't much faster, maybe 10 minutes, because of the route you have to take. It's more direct going Megisson all the way.

Stuff in Eastport and Middleton will be open before you know it, probably very early next year if not sooner. They are a 19 minute cart ride from Lake Denham going 20 MPH.
Old 04-17-2024, 05:46 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,800 Times in 1,258 Posts

Magnolia Plaza will be about 20 min away when they open Bexley/Corbin - maybe 2-3 mo.
Old 04-17-2024, 07:43 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by frayedends View Post
I'm part time in Lake Denham. There is a Lake Denham social club that is/was trying to make room for more members (need a bigger rec center room). There are driveway parties. At least one is supposed to be every month or close to that. It was huge when I went (first one back in February). Everyone is ready to mix and mingle and get together. That is part of a Lake Denham Facebook group. There are 2 groups on Facebook. I know at one time they tried to combine but it seems it didn't happen.

Anyhow, for shopping there is a Publix and Winn Dixie down 470 about 10 minutes. No golf cart obviously but not a bad drive. Publix at Brownwood is about a 30 minute cart ride from Lake Denham. I enjoy that ride. To be honest, the drive to Brownwood in a car isn't much faster, maybe 10 minutes, because of the route you have to take. It's more direct going Megisson all the way.

Stuff in Eastport and Middleton will be open before you know it, probably very early next year if not sooner. They are a 19 minute cart ride from Lake Denham going 20 MPH.
The amenities in Eastport will be open on day one. Commercial stores will take years to open. Brownwood commercial is still not 100% occupied. To the best of my knowledge, no stores have opened near Middleton. It has been nearly one year since construction of that area began.
Old 04-19-2024, 05:36 AM
Veteran member

Yes there are or will be driveway parties as it is so remote there is nothing near. If you are interested in golf forget it.
Old 04-19-2024, 05:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randall55 View Post
The amenities in Eastport will be open on day one. Commercial stores will take years to open. Brownwood commercial is still not 100% occupied. To the best of my knowledge, no stores have opened near Middleton. It has been nearly one year since construction of that area began.
remember the world is in a recession, many stores/companies are closing around the country, stores will open when the economy is better .. for now enjoy what you do have without wanting more and more...
Old 04-19-2024, 06:20 AM

The Lake Deaton Publix is about a 20 minute cart ride from Franklin Rec Center. I live across the street from there in Lake Denham. I make that trek often, and often as a part of other activities that take me to rec centers that get me closer to there. There is a gas station, a pizza restaurant, and my bank there as well as a number of other retail stores I never use. Like someone else mentioned, the options are only gonna grow over the years as Eastport comes online. One of the nice things that may happen is that traffic might always be lighter over by us given that there is currently no reason to come our way other than as a route to get onto the turnpike. I'm very new here (10 days) and that is speculation. But retail shopping is night and day compared to up by 466. I find myself driving up there (30 minutes) as I get things for my home. Haven't started golfing yet but it does seem like many courses will be 30-60 minute cart rides for me.
Old 04-19-2024, 06:40 AM
TOTV Moderator

OP in asking for Lake Denham residents, and their neighborhood activities. Please be respectful, giving firsthand experiences, living in a new area.
Old 04-19-2024, 07:56 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,800 Times in 1,258 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrFitness View Post

Haven't started golfing yet but it does seem like many courses will be 30-60 minute cart rides for me.
In case unaware, lots of new golf in various stages of completion just south of the Turnpike.

Laural Oak just over the bridge is in final stages. There's "talk" the High School golf team will help break it in soon and potentially open in the June timeframe.

Continuing The Dream: Volume 15
Old 04-19-2024, 08:25 AM
Default Left Fenney

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrFitness View Post
The Lake Deaton Publix is about a 20 minute cart ride from Franklin Rec Center. I live across the street from there in Lake Denham. I make that trek often, and often as a part of other activities that take me to rec centers that get me closer to there. There is a gas station, a pizza restaurant, and my bank there as well as a number of other retail stores I never use. Like someone else mentioned, the options are only gonna grow over the years as Eastport comes online. One of the nice things that may happen is that traffic might always be lighter over by us given that there is currently no reason to come our way other than as a route to get onto the turnpike. I'm very new here (10 days) and that is speculation. But retail shopping is night and day compared to up by 466. I find myself driving up there (30 minutes) as I get things for my home. Haven't started golfing yet but it does seem like many courses will be 30-60 minute cart rides for me.
There was too much driving for me from Fenny, and not much happening in terms of driveway parties. I love living in Duval, which is six minutes to lots of shopping and 10 minutes to even more shopping consider the heart of The Villages here in the central part.
Old 04-19-2024, 09:48 AM
Default Golfers Should Buy Pre-Owned Home in North & Middle of TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus View Post
We are thinking of buying in Lake Denham. Question for the current residents of that area.

Do many people have driveway get togethers?

Does it seem too far to drive a golf car to Publix or anywhere else? It currently seems like it is too far from everything except Sawgrass until Eastpoint opens.
Golfers shopping for homes in The Villages should NOT purchase a New Home in the Southern Areas. Rather, they should buy a pre-owned home in the Middle or Northern areas which have plenty of golf courses nearby.
Old 04-19-2024, 03:41 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altavia View Post
Magnolia Plaza will be about 20 min away when they open Bexley/Corbin - maybe 2-3 mo.
You figure 20 min by car or cart? I was just looking at the map and glad you posted this. I hadn’t made the connection before but I can see where it will be now.

Oh and question: which is lake deton plaza? Is that the Brownwood Publix? I still get confused but then I’m part time so haven’t had months to explore yet.
Old 04-19-2024, 04:50 PM
Sage
Thanked 8,287 Times in 4,302 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by frayedends View Post
You figure 20 min by car or cart? I was just looking at the map and glad you posted this. I hadn’t made the connection before but I can see where it will be now.

Oh and question: which is lake deton plaza? Is that the Brownwood Publix? I still get confused but then I’m part time so haven’t had months to explore yet.
Lake Deaton Plaza is on the corner of Morse and 44, just east of Rohan Rec Center. Go over the Chitty Chatty bridge and there you are. There is a Publix there, as well.

The Brownwood Publix is west of Buena Vista, just off 44, west of Brownwood...

-Tom Petty

Tags
lake, denham, sawgrass, drive, golf

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.