Living in the modular villages homes

Closed Thread
Old 07-02-2011, 10:22 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkcunningham1 View Post
All I'm saying Russ, is you can't bring in your own builder or contractor and build a home by your own design. TV gives you a limited number of choices of designs; be it a courtyard villa, a cottage style, a patio villa, designer or premier. Lovely and plentiful choices but you can't draw up your own blueprints and have your own general contractor select materials and build your home.

Regardless of what you pay or where you build your home in TV, you are buying the lifestyle. To me, it is worth every penny.
bk, I believe what you're stating is correct when applied to the new lots and the associated new builds. But on the historic side, it seems that the "out with the old and in with the new" construction doesn't have that same restriction, at least from what I've observed. Ex.: There is a new home being built (might be done by now) on Paradise, just south of the Boone gate, I believe. It didn't seem like it was being constructed in the same fashion as any other home I've seen in TV, from both an appearance and a construction methodology standpoint.

Seems like there might be more leeway on those types of "new builds".

Bill
Old 07-02-2011, 10:38 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill-n-Brillo View Post
bk, I believe what you're stating is correct when applied to the new lots and the associated new builds. But on the historic side, it seems that the "out with the old and in with the new" construction doesn't have that same restriction, at least from what I've observed. Ex.: There is a new home being built (might be done by now) on Paradise, just south of the Boone gate, I believe. It didn't seem like it was being constructed in the same fashion as any other home I've seen in TV, from both an appearance and a construction methodology standpoint.

Seems like there might be more leeway on those types of "new builds".

Bill
I think so too, Bill. The restrictions seem to be only with building code and setbacks. From my understanding, that particular home is being completed by the homeowners. Construction has stopped because the owners aren't in TV for the summer.

There is another home on Aloha on the lake that is beautiful. A huge home that the owners had built themselves when they razed an older home.
Old 07-02-2011, 12:26 PM
Sage

This might also happen outside of the Historic side many years from now. It will be some time though.

BK - I just wanted to clarify the situation since the original poster may not be as familiar with the process as we are. Thanks.
Old 07-02-2011, 02:55 PM
Sage

Oh, you are welcome Russ. Thank you for clarifying my remarks. Have a great Fourth of July weekend everyone.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.