Lockdown Index

Closed Thread
Old 04-20-2020, 07:57 AM
Location: Chicago, Gillingham UK, San Francisco, Tokyo, Hong Kong, London UK, Washington, DC
Default Lockdown Index

I've been watching the Presidential Coronavirus briefings daily for weeks. In fact, I don't think I've ever missed one. They're at times puzzling, often entertaining, but always informative - yes, opinions vary based on one's political perspective but I'm not going there - however, after a determined attempt to understand the multiple re-opening criteria, entry gates, state statistics, infection and recovery rate etc. I've determined it's all a bit much and more importantly, nearly impossible to track on a daily basis.

I therefore propose a much simplified "Lockdown Index" - a number reported daily on scale from 10 to 0 perhaps depicted as a giant thermometer with a clear vertical scale indicating our level of personal freedom - with 10 - at the most restrictive (don't even look outdoors) to nought - the least restrictive (life at we once knew it).

It would need to be calculated at the State level, of course, but could be summarised at the country level too. It would (importantly) show our progress towards normality and could shorten the Daily Briefing from two hours to a few minutes: "It's 8.4 today. Thanks for tuning in". To whom in the Gov't could I propose this morning's stroke of brilliance?

Last edited by michaelUK; 04-20-2020 at 02:12 PM. Reason: Too Old
Closed Thread

Tags
daily, level, scale, propose, determined

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.