Locked out

Closed Thread
Old 03-28-2020, 12:36 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,663 Times in 941 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy&Connie1103 View Post
The adult pools are closed indefinitely. I suppose chlorinated water and sunshine are bad for you.

Please explain why Pickle Ball courts are still open. Large groups of people gathered around talking waiting for a court. Not to mention the players handling a sweating ball being handled by multiple players.

The Villages should be consistent and close CONTACT SPORTS. There is no contact in the adult pools.
Who makes up these rules?
Have you contacted the Rec Dept and given your opinion?
Old 03-28-2020, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy&Connie1103 View Post
The adult pools are closed indefinitely. I suppose chlorinated water and sunshine are bad for you.

Please explain why Pickle Ball courts are still open. Large groups of people gathered around talking waiting for a court. Not to mention the players handling a sweating ball being handled by multiple players.

The Villages should be consistent and close CONTACT SPORTS. There is no contact in the adult pools.
Who makes up these rules?
RJV Rule for Pools- Open at 50% capacity. 2 hour shifts of people. Chlorine/water bottle spray scattered around all tables and chairs. No one within 6 ft of another or asked to leave by attendants. Chlorine water and sun kills the virus. Let's go Villages Pools. Open so we can exercise and get some sun.
Old 03-28-2020, 12:51 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,371 Times in 817 Posts

I have not read anywhere chlorine and the sun kills the virus.
Old 03-28-2020, 12:54 PM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,777 Times in 3,645 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wamley View Post
I find it interesting that there are always some people that, after having lost something they enjoy, they seek out something else that should be taken away from others. I guess it makes them feel better.

Old 03-28-2020, 01:27 PM

because they are salt water pools
Old 03-28-2020, 01:59 PM

not for nothing folks, but living in a senior community what are the chances that no "senior" p**s in any of the pools (I don't because I don't go in the pools but one day/one hour out of the year when I have company). can totally understand the closures of the pool.
Old 03-28-2020, 03:03 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,094 Times in 1,336 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oneiric View Post
The virus is killed by dryness, heat, and ultraviolet light. Players use wipes on their hands, paddles, and ball after every game. They do not touch other players or their faces with their hands. The virus is not able to be transmitted airborne.
WOW, JUST WOW! So much false information.

Quote:
The virus is thought to spread mainly from person-to-person.
  • Between people who are in close contact with one another (within about 6 feet).
  • Through respiratory droplets produced when an infected person coughs or sneezes.
These droplets can land in the mouths or noses of people who are nearby or possibly be inhaled into the lungs.

How else would it get there? By telepathy?
Old 03-28-2020, 03:04 PM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdFNJ View Post
WOW, JUST WOW! So much false information.

How else would it get there? By telepathy?
telekinesis
Old 03-28-2020, 04:34 PM

They all met at the Square by the ice cream store at Sumter Landing. Forget it people with people acting like that we’re going to be in this for a long time
Old 03-28-2020, 04:48 PM

You see this at ALL of the pickle ball courts in the Villages??? I know PB players and there is no way they do this...not ANY of it!
Old 03-28-2020, 04:49 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,168 Times in 1,929 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rsullbishop View Post
It's not the pool, chlorine kiils micro,s it's the closeness of people chatting. If one person does there laps or exercises that is great,but alas congradation in a no no
Lap swimmers do not congregate. They stay in their lane and do not "chat" with anyone. I would like to see the sports pools open to lap swimmers only.
Old 03-28-2020, 05:21 PM

Are they salt water? I don't think so.
Old 03-28-2020, 06:04 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,663 Times in 941 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oneiric View Post
The virus is killed by dryness, heat, and ultraviolet light. Players use wipes on their hands, paddles, and ball after every game. They do not touch other players or their faces with their hands. The virus is not able to be transmitted airborne.
This is a perfect example of why the virus spreads. People believe what they want to believe rather than get the facts. They continue doing what they want to do, and justify it by citing the false information that they cling to.
Old 03-28-2020, 06:30 PM

My fear is going to the grocery store with stupid and/or ignorant people who insist on sharing ill-informed opinions regarding topics they do not understand - like how the COVID-19 virus is spread, how the COVID-19 virus reacts in different environments, what a contact sport is, the difference between a rule and a recommendation, or how a salt water pool works. I fear such people are ill-informed regarding personal hygiene; thereby, putting everyone at risk. However, such people have likely mastered the art of social distancing, albeit via default, due to others not wanting to be around them.

With that stated, I would wager whatever logic The Villages utilized to justify closing the pools, recreation centers and dog parks could be applied to close every activity in The Villages including golf, pickle ball, tennis, archery, etc.

FYI - "Saltwater swimming pools draw on dissolved salt in the water to generate chlorine. The salt cell or generator utilizes a process called electrolysis to break down or separate the salt also known as sodium chloride or NaCl in the water. The chemical reaction created by electrolysis produces chlorine in the form of sodium hypochlorite and hypochlorous acid. These sanitizing / disinfecting / oxidizing agents are the same as chlorine commonly used in swimming pools in solid and powdered form. This means a saltwater pool is not actually chlorine free. It simply utilizes a chlorine generator instead of being dependent on chlorine added in other forms."

GOOGLE!
Old 03-28-2020, 06:43 PM
Veteran member

Wrong, it can spread 3-4 ft away, that’s why 6 ft distance
Closed Thread

Tags
players, ball, contact, pools, adult

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.