Locked out

Closed Thread
Old 03-30-2020, 07:13 AM

We are being told to stay at home by Feds and Locals...not so much by "their own choice".

But it is also your choice to continue ignoring the "experts" and to play golf.

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
In fact, I am getting sick of the holier-than-thou chicken littles of TOTV who stay at home of THEIR OWN CHOICE, then accuse everyone else of being an "idiot", a "spreader", and "unpatriotic". I wish they would be afraid of contracting CV-19 from their own keyboards.
Duck, incoming---but I don't care because I won't be home
Old 03-30-2020, 07:32 AM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by roob1 View Post
We are being told to stay at home by Feds and Locals...not so much by "their own choice".

But it is also your choice to continue ignoring the "experts" and to play golf.
There is an ADVISORY for those over 65 to stay at home, NOT A MANDATE. I'm under 65. And show me an "expert" who said golf with social distancing is high risk.

If you're over 65, stay at home. If you're paranoid, stay at home except to hoard toilet paper. But do not criticize others who are following the current recommendations and call them names or question their patriotism.
Old 03-31-2020, 01:45 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,167 Times in 1,928 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lrvalley View Post
Yes, we do. Every pool has chlorine (unless it is a UV pool... but that is a BAD idea).

It's a common misconception that a "salt water" pool does not have chlorine. It does. A salt water pool has a salt water chlorine generator (SWCG). Salt is added to the water at a fraction of the salinity of ocean water. The SWCG converts the salt to chlorine.

As the chlorine kills off algae, bacteria, etc, it converts back to salt. It's a self replenishing process.

The only difference is that with an SWCG you get constant chlorine addition as opposed to chlorine adds once a day or every several days, keeping the pool at a safer level of chlorine - it also allows you to keep chlorine at a lower ppm.
I know I have posted this in another thread but I'll post it again here.

The concentration of chlorine is no where near what it is in pools that are treated only with chlorine. Chlorinated pools ruin my bathing suits and bleach them out. That is the problem I always have when I wear my suits in the hot tubs on cruise ships. I can be guaranteed my suit will look bleached out within a few wearings in a chlorinated pool.

The sports pools in The Villages have never ruined a bathing suit and I swim all the time and have worn the same bathing suits for years. (lucky I can still fit in them. LOL) My suits look brand new when I swim in the pools here in The Villages. What ever filtration system is used in these pools, it is great for not ruining bathing suits.
Old 03-31-2020, 02:39 PM

Pools are closed because people are selfish..
Old 03-31-2020, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastbasser View Post
Pools are closed because people are selfish..
Pools are closed because it is dangerous to be in them.
Old 03-31-2020, 03:36 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,751 Times in 1,386 Posts

The pools are closed due to folks simply not keeping social distances. The pool decks just had too many people conducting themselves business as usual.
Old 03-31-2020, 05:10 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

It's for the best. I'm a Poolaholic so it hurt me a whole lot. There were well over a hundred people at our pool the last time we went before they were closed. Everybody can cipher it out but the minute someone of authority isn't looking the rules will be shattered. How are they gonna check your I.D. ??
Closed Thread

Tags
players, ball, contact, pools, adult

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.