Looking for a Church Home for Traditional Conservative Values

Closed Thread
Old 06-14-2023, 04:59 AM
Default Looking for a Church Home for Traditional Conservative Values

We are looking around for a church home that supports our traditional conservative values. As a couple, we are looking for open, patriotic, God fearing, folks that still know how to get things done while having a sense of humor. What we don't want is head in the sand let's ignore the reality of our country's desperate situation. If you are happy with your church and it fits this description please let me know.
M.D. Murrell
Marsh Bend
Old 06-14-2023, 05:57 AM

St. Mark's on 42, a traditional Catholic Church with rock solid preaching and great music.
Old 06-14-2023, 06:03 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,128 Times in 1,351 Posts

First Baptist Church of The Villages. Don't take my word for this check it out for yourself.
Old 06-14-2023, 06:38 AM
Veteran member

If you want a church that follows the bible - in it's entirety - and don't need fancy bells and whistles, Open Bible Lutheran Church in Oxford is fantastic. It's a very friendly congregation, and the pastor is amazing!

Services at 4:00pm on Saturday and 9:30am on Sunday. The Sunday service is far more heavily attended than the Saturday service.
Old 06-14-2023, 05:01 PM

Freedom Fellowship in Wildwood. Under the big white tent

Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the votes decide everything.

Joseph Stalin
Old 06-14-2023, 06:29 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,696 Times in 455 Posts

I can sorta relate to your question - though churches are many here in The Villages, most do not line up with my doctrinal requirements, and many don’t include doctrinally rich hymns in their worship services, but pop-like choruses that are shallow and sound like something you’d hear on the radio. (More entertainment-oriented than reverence worship of God). Also, most churches do not have pastors that preach expositionally (verse-by-verse from the Bible), but more topical and self-help type messages (think Joel Osteen), that refrain from such use of words like “sin” “repentance” “hell” etc.

I found an excellent church (in the John MacArthur vein), in Winter Garden, but the drive is just a bit too far, especially if I want to return for mid-week Bible studies and other weekly church functions. I have attended Faith Presbyterian in Oxford a few times. They are part of the smaller ARP denomination, and not the very liberal Presbyterian- USA. It is a smaller, but conservative congregation. Though I’ve never been a Presbyterian, I line up with this conservative branch of Presbyterianism on all major doctrinal areas, taking issue with a few very minor points of secondary doctrine.

Please feel free to message me if you would like to talk further.
Old 06-14-2023, 07:27 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,554 Times in 3,124 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdmurrell View Post
We are looking around for a church home that supports our traditional conservative values. As a couple, we are looking for open, patriotic, God fearing, folks that still know how to get things done while having a sense of humor. What we don't want is head in the sand let's ignore the reality of our country's desperate situation. If you are happy with your church and it fits this description please let me know.
M.D. Murrell
Marsh Bend
What denomination?
Old 06-14-2023, 07:29 PM

Don't know churches. I left the church a long time ago. Hope you found a decent one.
Old 06-14-2023, 10:37 PM
Platinum member
Location: Here, there, a lot of time in the Caribbean and keys, not much time spent in cold climates
Thanked 1,762 Times in 759 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael 61 View Post
I can sorta relate to your question - though churches are many here in The Villages, most do not line up with my doctrinal requirements, and many don’t include doctrinally rich hymns in their worship services, but pop-like choruses that are shallow and sound like something you’d hear on the radio. (More entertainment-oriented than reverence worship of God). Also, most churches do not have pastors that preach expositionally (verse-by-verse from the Bible), but more topical and self-help type messages (think Joel Osteen), that refrain from such use of words like “sin” “repentance” “hell” etc.

I found an excellent church (in the John MacArthur vein), in Winter Garden, but the drive is just a bit too far, especially if I want to return for mid-week Bible studies and other weekly church functions. I have attended Faith Presbyterian in Oxford a few times. They are part of the smaller ARP denomination, and not the very liberal Presbyterian- USA. It is a smaller, but conservative congregation. Though I’ve never been a Presbyterian, I line up with this conservative branch of Presbyterianism on all major doctrinal areas, taking issue with a few very minor points of secondary doctrine.

Please feel free to message me if you would like to talk further. ������
You seem to have a handle on the more "typical" churches in the V's. Many many churches, but, when we began to visit different ones, found exactly as you described. I do think the move to more contemporary music and services are an attempt to draw back younger people, and probably rightly so as church attendance was abysmal before the "pandemic", and now the number of people who profess no religion at all, is frightening. We became much less denominational when we moved into the V's.
Old 06-15-2023, 04:25 AM
Default Seven Rivers Villages Church

Quote:
M.D. Murrell
Marsh Bend
We found exactly what you describe at Seven Rivers Villages church on Powell Road meeting in the Wildwood Community Center at 1030 am on Sunday. It is a PCA Presbyterian denomination and you will not be disappointed.
Old 06-15-2023, 04:58 AM

Try North Lake Pres. Pastor Hosmer is just what you are describing. Searched several churches until we found him.
Old 06-15-2023, 04:58 AM
Default Check out Family Church

Quote:
M.D. Murrell
Marsh Bend
Family Church Sumpter meets at 9 and 1030 Sunday mornings at the adult education extension campus down the 301 in sumptervill. Great congregation that is active in the community.
Old 06-15-2023, 05:03 AM
Default New Bethel Church

Quote:
M.D. Murrell
Marsh Bend
I’d highly recommend this church 5 minutes outside the villages in Summerfield. This is a group of friendly, compassionate people led by fabulous Pastor Isaac
Old 06-15-2023, 05:08 AM

I would recommend to stop attending church as they no longer have a place in society for the intelligently aware individuals looking for spiritual direction. Look within for calm and do the things that bring peace and stability to your mind.
Old 06-15-2023, 05:35 AM

First Baptist Church of Leesburg on 466A. Three Sunday Morning services and great messages
Closed Thread

Tags
church, home, traditional, conservative, values

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.