Looking for a Church Home for Traditional Conservative Values

Closed Thread
Old 06-15-2023, 07:38 AM
Default First Baptist of Wildwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary33844 View Post
Try First Baptist Wildwood.
Great Church that's been there for a long time and has always been great, and never waivered from the teaching from the Bible. Lots of great people and a Wonderful Pastor.
Old 06-15-2023, 07:41 AM
Default Checks all your boxes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdmurrell View Post
We are looking around for a church home that supports our traditional conservative values. As a couple, we are looking for open, patriotic, God fearing, folks that still know how to get things done while having a sense of humor. What we don't want is head in the sand let's ignore the reality of our country's desperate situation. If you are happy with your church and it fits this description please let me know.
M.D. Murrell
Marsh Bend
Trinity Baptist Church Wildwood
Welcome to Our Web Site
Old 06-15-2023, 07:45 AM

Patriotic? Personally, I view church as spiritual and not a place for any political agendas. Thus, the whole reason for the 200+ years separation of church and state.

Thankfully, my relationship with God is only based on love and compassion. I don’t fear God, but I’m sure there are some churches out there that still want you to fear the devil AND God (God-fearing). Personally, that just doesn’t make sense to me. Good luck.
Old 06-15-2023, 07:49 AM

Is there any church near the Villages that provides some good, old fashion bigotry? I like to hide my hatred behind the cloth of a church's preachings! That way I can say its my religion, not my intolerance of others.
Old 06-15-2023, 07:52 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
We are looking around for a church home that supports our traditional conservative values. As a couple, we are looking for open, patriotic, God fearing, folks that still know how to get things done while having a sense of humor. What we don't want is head in the sand let's ignore the reality of our country's desperate situation. If you are happy with your church and it fits this description please let me know.
M.D. Murrell
Marsh Bend
BRAVO!!!! Did everybody see this… I sure did. You essentially touched every single dog whistle in your post. This may be the first TOTV post that essentially talks politics... Without talking politics.
Old 06-15-2023, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fcgiii View Post
Check out Lake Deaton United Methodist Church on 44A.
Did they elect to stay with the United Methodist or are they moving to the new Global Methodist organization?
Old 06-15-2023, 07:53 AM

Your request for a church sounds just like Live Oaks Community Church. There are 2 campuses. One (Southern Oaks) is at 44 and Buena Vista. The other (Woodridge) is located behind Walmart on 466. Official address is 12070 CR 103, Oxford, FL 34484. Would love to have you come by either and check us out.
Old 06-15-2023, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenpoboy View Post
I would recommend to stop attending church as they no longer have a place in society for the intelligently aware individuals looking for spiritual direction. Look within for calm and do the things that bring peace and stability to your mind.
Interesting you would feel the need to post this. If I read a post title of "Looking for a Church" and had no interest in church, I wouldn't even open it, much less read and comment. Sort of like when I see a post titled "Where can I get my cat groomed", not owning a cat myself.

And maybe some people find that going to church helps provide that calm, peace and stability to their minds? To each his own, right?
Old 06-15-2023, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougjb View Post
Is there any church near the Villages that provides some good, old fashion bigotry? I like to hide my hatred behind the cloth of a church's preachings! That way I can say its my religion, not my intolerance of others.
I believe the "Sisters of Perpetual Indulgence" are always in search of new members. No hatred of others there.

If they don't have a chapter here I'm sure you can open one. All you need is an outfit and a few videos that mock others' strongly held beliefs that have been around for over 2000 years.

Last edited by Battlebasset; 06-15-2023 at 08:02 AM. Reason: Additional info
Old 06-15-2023, 08:05 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,074 Times in 538 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayak View Post
When it comes to patriotic you can't do better than Freedom Fellowship in Wildwood. I've been watching their services online and it's all about God and country and they are not silent about their conservative political views.
fftv
You know the Constitution wants the church and state kept separate right? Or is your religion more important than the Constitution?
Old 06-15-2023, 08:09 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,544 Times in 3,119 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by airstreamingypsy View Post
You know the Constitution wants the church and state kept separate right? Or is your religion more important than the Constitution?
Pretty sure all the genuine Christian religions and sects remind parishioners to "give unto Caesar his due" - which refers to both tithing and respecting the laws where you are. So even the Church wants you to keep both state and church separate.
Old 06-15-2023, 08:23 AM
Default Church@TheSprings

If you or anyone is interested in a Bible preaching, Spirit filled, Gospel teaching, church planting, small group dedicated, Jesus exalting above *EVERYTHING* church, then Church@TheSprings is for you..... literally.....for you and your life!! Right now The Village campus is closest to TV but a new campus is being built in Middleton and preview services start in late September at Ezel rec.
Old 06-15-2023, 08:25 AM

Check out New Life Christian Church in Wildwood. Excellent Bible-based teaching sermons and Bible study. Beautiful church.
Old 06-15-2023, 08:25 AM

Quote:
M.D. Murrell
Marsh Bend
Village View Church. Summerfield. Everything you want or need.
Old 06-15-2023, 08:26 AM
Default Trinity Baptist on 301

We love Trinity Baptist on 301 just south of Warm Springs. We go to the 9am service. They also have an 11am and bible study at 9. A small very warm and inviting congregation.
Closed Thread

Tags
church, home, traditional, conservative, values

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.