Looking for Euros

Closed Thread
Old 07-07-2023, 05:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachKandSportsguy View Post

the euro is strengthening slowly so buy now versus waiting.
So *that's* how that works. . .
Old 07-07-2023, 06:02 AM

I travel to Europe yearly. ALWAYS get my euros upon arriving from a European Bank, not a private ATM using my ATM card. My bank provides me a better exchange rate, only pay for the ATM transaction. Also, remember to select euros when using your credit card, let YourBank do the exchange. When they Give you the option at the store or restaurants they do get a commission right there for conducting transaction in US dollars.
Old 07-07-2023, 06:09 AM

Wells Fargo on 466A was able to get them for me the next day.
Old 07-07-2023, 06:14 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjbakke View Post
Any ATM in airport. Easiest way just let your bank know.
I know right? I travel all the time to Europe and have never gotten euros in advance. The best rate is a bank ATM in the country you’re in.
Old 07-07-2023, 06:31 AM

I have 20€ here. I find I don't need a lot upon landing. If for some reason I can't use my CC, or want to tip a porter. If you want to buy them let me know.
Old 07-07-2023, 06:38 AM
Default Euros Left over

I have some left over that we don’t need
Old 07-07-2023, 06:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kcarbfaith View Post
I am looking to purchase Euros for an upcoming trip. Can anyone advise me as to who might have them..most banks I have tried and no longer carry them, nor does AAA. I can purchase any that anyone has leftover. Thank you!
I just bought them from AAA in MA in September, April and a few weeks ago for a trip to France. The Southeast AAA doesn’t offer Euros? That’s crazy. I did use an ATM for some in France- pretty easy transaction with minimal fees
Old 07-07-2023, 06:50 AM
Default Revolut for Euros

Quote:
I am looking to purchase Euros for an upcoming trip. Can anyone advise me as to who might have them..most banks I have tried and no longer carry them, nor does AAA. I can purchase any that anyone has leftover. Thank you!
My wife and I exchange Euros for US$ at a minimal cost through the Revolut app. I assume that you can do the reverse.
Old 07-07-2023, 06:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelevision View Post
Is there a reason you can’t get euros from an ATM in the airport when you land? Or any ATM once you get there.
That’s what we do when going to a foreign country whether it’s Mexico, the UK or Europe, just find an ATM. The exchange rates are usually very good, if not good at the airport, just get enough to get you to your hotel and find an ATM in town. In Cancun, the hotel ATM had a very high exchange rates… walked down the street to a local bank and rates were very good plus a small $3-4 service charge.
Old 07-07-2023, 07:01 AM
Default Euros

Quote:
Truist. $20 flat fee for any amount over $200.
Old 07-07-2023, 07:05 AM

Quote:
I ordered 900 pounds Sterling last summer preparing for a 19 day trip to the UK and came back with over 700 pounds. Since COVID every place including a cab driver was cashless. If I was do it again, I would take minimal euros and use a charge card that doesn't charge a transaction fee. Many of the major CC companies no longer charge. You get screwed on the exchange rate bringing back any foreign currency.
Old 07-07-2023, 07:09 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,912 Times in 918 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelevision View Post
I know right? I travel all the time to Europe and have never gotten euros in advance. The best rate is a bank ATM in the country you’re in.
When you are experienced and know the landscape, its much easier to be efficient.
For some who have never been where they are going, the uncertainty of efficient locations and availability has an uncertainty that makes the pre purchase comforting, for a small amount of transactional fee.

Therefore, the inexperienced always appreciates the advice and helpfulness of the experienced

no different than carrying lots of cash in the US and using all credit cards all the time in the US.
Old 07-07-2023, 07:33 AM

CXI exchange in Orlando. If you order online they deliver small bills also. Last time I ordered it was 20 dollars I received them the next day
Old 07-07-2023, 07:39 AM

I woul like just a couple hundred to go with. My problem is that the banks do it for their customers only.
Old 07-07-2023, 07:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catesmarilyn View Post
I have some left over that we don’t need
Might I buy them from you?
Closed Thread

Tags
purchase, euros, leftover, aaa, carry

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.