Looking at rentals

Closed Thread
Old 08-17-2013, 10:19 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,646 Times in 1,361 Posts
Default Looking at rentals

My husband wants to bring all of the adult kids in at one time next year..in off season....figure we would rent a 3/2 maybe with a pool and use our home as base for cooking and gathering..After all its a vaca for them and they are not going to cook....I know many comment that the villages4rent is not kept currant by owners..but here is what i have found so far

1. The homes run by 3 property managment companies have either not gotten back to me or given me minimal info on what rentals i could use.

2. I found that many VRBOs calanders have not been up dated in 2013. and out of the 6 i have contacted only two have responded.

3. On thevillages4rent only 1 out of 7 have not responded to me, and all were more than happy to help out a fellow TVer...

Just my observation so far but an honest one
Old 08-17-2013, 11:05 AM
Default same thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by asianthree View Post
My husband wants to bring all of the adult kids in at one time next year..in off season....figure we would rent a 3/2 maybe with a pool and use our home as base for cooking and gathering..After all its a vaca for them and they are not going to cook....I know many comment that the villages4rent is not kept currant by owners..but here is what i have found so far

1. The homes run by 3 property managment companies have either not gotten back to me or given me minimal info on what rentals i could use.

2. I found that many VRBOs calanders have not been up dated in 2013. and out of the 6 i have contacted only two have responded.

3. On thevillages4rent only 1 out of 7 have not responded to me, and all were more than happy to help out a fellow TVer...

I did what you did looking for a rental through those companies, and no one responded. Responses came from people on this board what they personally had available. Post what you need here I think
Old 08-17-2013, 12:52 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to l2ridehd

I have two rentals and use thevillages4rent.com pretty much as my only advertising. I get back to 100% of my inquiries. Even if what they want is not available, I try to get additional information, steer them to my other home, offer to help them find something, or even help them with anything Villages related. I also ask if they want to be added to my mailing list for possible future rentals. I rent my homes on average 10 months every year. It does pay to always get back to folks and help them any way you can.
Old 08-17-2013, 07:31 PM
Default Off Season Rental

We have a beautiful home for rent in Liberty Park. All of our renters say the pictures aren't as nice as the home. Check out our home at Prairie Party Rental - Home Click on FL Rental Home tab. It's a 3 bedroom 2 bath home. We run a party rental business back home that's why the home is listed our our party rental site.

Thanks - Linda
Old 08-17-2013, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by asianthree View Post

Did you ever think maybe too many people at one time, means a lot wear and tear on place, would help if you gave a number of people , you might get a response then. I wouldn't answer it either the way you have it worded............ Good luck
Old 08-17-2013, 10:08 PM

Sent you a PM.
Old 08-18-2013, 02:23 PM
Platinum member

I'm like l2ridehd, taking care that my webpage is current and that all inquiries are answered promptly. I get email and phone inquiries through my address:
[url=http://www.vacationrentals.com/vacation-rentals/florida/the-villages.html/url], and my property listing is 80575.
My place may be what you are looking for, a 3/2 cyv with pool and spa, but because it I work hard on keeping it up to date and rented, it is currently booked until next June. On the same site there are some other attractive places with pools. I'd try those. Too many people think villages4rent is the only website where they can find a rental.
Old 08-18-2013, 06:21 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,646 Times in 1,361 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIPAS K-9 View Post
Did you ever think maybe too many people at one time, means a lot wear and tear on place, would help if you gave a number of people , you might get a response then. I wouldn't answer it either the way you have it worded............ Good luck
This was a post of information...no, each was given exactly what was required, that's not the problem...I have 2 doctors, one nurse, an exec, and behavior phyc.(yep i spent lots of money on school)....what i was pointing out is those who responded handled their own rental, made sure they responded quickly and were happy to help out....The managment companies just seem not to want to put an effort...even though there were 3 homes, that advertised for up to 6 people and 3 that would hold up to 4 couples, and advertized that way...their loss due to lack of interest from who is handling their home.... It was a shout out to those who manage their own homes and make sure its done right...

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.