Closed Thread
Old 09-01-2022, 06:05 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,980 Times in 713 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCristella View Post
Don’t termites destroy wood?
Are you not on a concrete slab?
Yes but a concrete slab with no roof is not good. They can climb the walls.
Old 09-01-2022, 06:08 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiderOnTheStorm View Post
Hey, call me crazy if you will, but the last time I checked termites ate wood and not concrete. You are on a concrete slab and may have concrete walls. Furthermore, upon building, the developer destroyed any termite remotely close to your lot.
That said, has anyone out there actually seen evidence of termite damage in TV that they can share (i.e. not just second or third-hand stories)?
My roof is made of wood.
Old 09-01-2022, 06:08 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,937 Times in 5,338 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garywt View Post
Don’t know anything about a warranty other than the 1 year that comes with the house. Also can’t starting paying after 20 years if you think you might have a problem.
A new house is treated for termites during construction, and comes with a 5 year warranty for any damage caused by subterranean termites during that period. The warranty is provided by either Massey or Dean's. You get the written warranty document at the closing.
Old 09-01-2022, 06:11 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PugMom View Post
you said it! my snowbird neighbor uses them, & they do a job with more to be desired. the place is overgrown with weeds, but the grass is short, lol. i'm trying to resolve this as peacefully as possible: if the owner comes down in feb & sees what his front yard looks like, i'd say he'd be quite upset, considering he is paying them all year round. i'd go over myself & remove the weeds by hand, but am scared of being sited for trespassing. i'd contact the owner, but he left no phone#.
Deans told me they don’t do weeds in the beds but they spray weeds in the grass.
Old 09-01-2022, 06:14 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by davefin View Post
Termite protection? Why?
So you don’t lose your house. I am only down 4-6 weeks a year and don’t want to arrive to a major issue.
Old 09-02-2022, 06:39 AM
Location: Currently live in White Bear Lake, MN/Alhambra Village, FL. Lived in Columbia, SC. From Beacon, NY.

I had termites in South Carolina. Watered plants in a window box planter attached to a brick house. Moisture got into the house and my bedroom hardwood floors had termite damaged. Also, my friend had a new construction home (South Carolina again) and the workers tossed wood in the cement steps to the house, sure enough termites got to the wood. I just had a damaged tree cut down in The Villages and the neighbor said do not put a planter on the stump. He said he did that and the moisture caused termites. No sure about the stump but passing on the info.
Old 09-02-2022, 06:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wivillager View Post
I guess I need to update my termite services. I've had one company come in and tell me its like $900.00 bucks to install the units around my house and then almost $160.00 per year after to keep the policy and units up to date. Does anyone recommend a company that does this type of services as I would like to get a few different suggestions and quotes?

I live in courtyard villa....

thanks
We live in a 1,575 sq/ft home. In June 2001’ we had Massey’s come out and install in ground baits around the home and coat the above garage rafters with termite poison. It was $500. It costs an additional $200 a year to refill bait traps & reapply poison and do an annual termite inspection.
Old 09-02-2022, 04:16 PM
Thumbs up Termite Protection

!-800-Pest-Contol Superior Services of Central Florida
Closed Thread

Tags
services, termite, company, units, type

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.