Lost ATM Citizens First Bank Lynnhaven Postal Station.

Closed Thread
Old 10-17-2014, 01:01 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,319 Times in 2,056 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
The people at the mail stations are contract employees of the USPS not the bank..........how could it possibly be their responsibility?
It was lost there. That is where logically the person who lost it would look for the missing card. Of course, some of these mail employees would just say that is not my problem. Some would not. I posted this just in case there is a dishonest postal employee who went on a spending spree with it.

If I had picked it up and just called the bank right away then there would be no need to contact anyone else. However, the person who lost it would probably be facing various fees and embarrassment.

I do not know what I will do if I find another lost debit card. It depends on the circumstances. If I am at a place I visit quite frequently and know most of the people at that place, then I would try to track the person who lost it down. If I am in a strange place, I would just call the bank.

I go to Lynnhaven Postal Center every day so I tried to be the Good Samaritan who also thinks about the person who lost the card's feelings. Do unto others and all that.
Old 10-17-2014, 06:42 PM
Location: The Villages (previous: Kittery & Eliot Maine, Portsmouth & Barrington NH, Uncasville CT)

I think it is great that you tried to do what you thought was right. However, you took the card from an honest persons hands (yours) and put it in the hands of basically unknown people. I worked in a bank many years and we replaced many, many cards. Most people were not embarrassed, although they should have been when they lost it for the fourth or fifth time. We did not charge a fee to replace. Please anyone finding a card, call the number on the back or drop it in the banks night deposit or just destroy it, as the customer is sure to want a new number. Let the bank follow up.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.