short term television serviceW

Closed Thread
Old 10-21-2007, 09:39 PM
Sage
Default short term television serviceW

we are planning to come to TV for only 2 weeks and do not want to start up cable service. Would anyone know if rabbit ears antenna would work for local tv stations in TV or any other type of antenna ??? any information you can give us would really be appreciated. Hard to live without a tv for 2 weeks!!!!!!!

There is no difficulty on earth that enough love will not conquer.
Old 10-22-2007, 03:23 AM
Default Re: short term television serviceW

It is?? ???
Old 10-22-2007, 04:56 AM
Veteran member

I asked that question a few pages back and was told that rabbit ears do not work. Stations too far to pull in.

Becky
Old 10-22-2007, 08:12 AM
Sage

Thanks Becky, sorry :redface: I didn t see your question. Im hoping someone might have some other info on how to get in some stations. Cant imagine being without television for a whole 2 weeks! What do you do after 9:00 Oclock? :dontknow:

There is no difficulty on earth that enough love will not conquer.
Old 10-22-2007, 10:18 AM
Veteran member

If you are fortunate to have access to one of the unsecured wireless signals floating around TV, there are devices available to enable you to watch television on your laptop. I'm not going into detail in this post. Do a google on "slingbox" and read what they have to offer. Also google "watching television on your computer" lots of clever stuff out there.
Handie :joke:
Old 10-22-2007, 12:37 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Nonie
i have been using rabbit ears for 1 year and the reception is far from acceptable especialy if you are a TV addict. Best signal is from I believe an ABC station and that is first thing in the moring, later in the evening, or 2-5 am. I even received advice from (2) electrical engineers who you may know who advised against investing in signal boosters and other things like that.

I believe Comcast has a limited service offer for $11 per month and after paying a $40 connection fee you total cost for a 1 year period would be approx $165 per year. That seems like a reasonable fee for limited service including all the major networks but not the speciality channels you may be used to on full cable. I will probably be going with teh limited cable service unless someone on this board tells me I am giving up something (ie a promotional rate when I finally move down full time and also get high speed interent.

Nothing is simple, but after a while you start to look for a reasonable approach to make things somewhat more comfortale during your short period stays at TV.

Good luck!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.