Polaris "Breeze" Opinions Please

Closed Thread
Old 11-03-2011, 01:56 AM
Default Polaris "Breeze" Opinions Please

Will be moving to TV in January and we recently received information from TV Golf Car Store that they recommend the Polaris Breeze as our first cart. I reviewed the depiction of the cart on the manufacturers website and it appeares a bit smaller than some other standard carts we have seen in TV. Is this my imagination; can anyone comment on this aspect of the cart? Also, am very interested to hear anything anyone has to say regarding the cart; pro or con. Thanks so much, this independent data will guide our footsteps in considering this purchase. - B. Johnson
Old 11-03-2011, 05:47 AM
Platinum member

After some fact gathering, it was most helpful for us to get out there and test drive the different brands. We were surprised to find that what we liked the best was not the brand we had originally anticipated buying.
Doing the 'touchy-feely' thing took a little extra time, but was well worth it.

The search button at the top of the page may be useful to peruse the many prior posts about various golf cars. Most everyone loves what they have.

But as my hubby says, "They're ALL good.... until and unless they give you problems."
Old 11-03-2011, 06:50 AM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

When it comes to sales, especially of vehicles, I'm a cynic. My first question would be why they're pushing the Polaris Breeze and then I'd look at every other cart in the world before I even touched the one being recommended.

Don't get me wrong. I know people who own the Breeze and love it. I also know people who have owned the Breeze and traded it in because they didn't like.

What I recommend to newcomers is that they buy a good used cart. That way, they'll have time to decide exactly what they want in a cart and who makes the cart with the features they want/need. When the time comes for a brand new cart, the old cart can be used as a trade-in, can be sold to the public or kept as a second cart.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 11-03-2011, 06:56 AM
Gold member
Default ???? Polaris

I was told just the oposite. And after I drove different carts I changed my mind compared to what I was hooked to online
Old 11-03-2011, 07:12 AM
Sage

I have a Polaris Breeze and love it....though there were things that did bother us about the cart. I bought it because it fits my size....I'm short, the seat is adjustable and the front window split is out of my line of sight.

Now some of the things that were troubling. The cart handles like a dream, but we upgraded the wheels and it changed things just a bit. My recommendation, keep the original wheels. It was slow going up hills, we had a new motor installed, solved the problem. I don't know if that new motor is now standard or not, you can check. The new motor gave the car the needed boost to head up the hills well. Of course this made the cart exceed its legal speed limit so the controller was adjusted. That adjustment kept the speed under control, BUT it made the cart slow when initially taking off...not good when having to cross some of the busy areas here. Finally, that was rectified and all is well!

I have a 4 seater and that gives one less storage, but it hasn't been much of a problem. The area where the golf clubs sit is a little less wide than in some other carts, but it does hold the two sets of clubs and it's actually easier for me to get my clubs on that cart than on to my previous Par Car. The newer two passenger model has a rather large rear basket. I'm not sure what the club holding area is like.

The cart has seatbelts front and rear...wonderful as far as I'm concerned...came standard. One thing this cart did not have at the time we bought was a turn signal tone. I was the little old lady driving around the community with her blinker flashing. There is a light to indicated the turn signal is on, but I wanted to have a sound...so I had Villages Golf Carts install a little speaker. Not sure if the newer ones have a signal sound or not.

I bought the cart with the folding rear seat to ferry our grandkids around when they visited. There is a two seater now available...wasn't one when I bought, Oct 2009.

All in all, I'm happy with it. If your partner is on the less tall side, the cart is easy to drive, offers an unobstructed view out the front window and it's comfortable...handles like a car with power steering in my estimation.

There are lots of great carts available in our area. My suggestion, try before you buy. Everyone has something in particular that is important to them in a cart, and you might not even know it until you start comparing carts and options available.

Have fun...it's part of the experience of moving to TV....golf cart shopping...
Old 11-03-2011, 09:22 AM

Sincere thanks to everyone for taking the time to comment. I guess the bottom line is that we should view and drive various offerings prior to deciding. One thing I love about TV is that everyone is so helpful! God Bless - B. Johnson
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.